HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: What party will you be voting for?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Conservatives

10 29.41%
  • Labour

17 50.00%
  • Liberal Democrats

3 8.82%
  • SNP

1 2.94%
  • UKIP

1 2.94%
  • Green

1 2.94%
  • Other

1 2.94%
Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

I won't reply to it all - unless you really want me to - because it's clear there's a gulf of disagreement.

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz
    Would you have sat back and accept it if you lost? No. An obvious but unlikely example that could change things is a massive case of fraud that nullifies the result.
    Yes, I would have. I wouldn't of had a choice: I cannot demand a referendum for all these years, actively campaign in it an then declare the result void because I didn't get my way. I'm not a Liberal Democrat.

I was asked this before the referendum when everyone was sneering at me, including friends voting Remain asking me what i'll do when we lost, and stated that *if* we lost - because I always believed it was possible for us to win - then the chance of another referendum would be over a decade away and would be on the next EU Treaty on more integration. In short, the next chance to move against the EU would be when it decided to move towards formal federalism.

I always said we would leave in my lifetime, I just didn't know whether I would see it at age 23 or age 70.

Quote Originally Posted by hungryfront
    Also even in those "statistics", 50% of people still support remain and 45% support leave. The names are misleading.

I just wish we stayed so we could change to the Euro and open all our borders. See how the right like "hard" remain and the "will of the people".

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    In true Europhile spirit, you'd blindly ignore the opinions of the public on more European integration.

This is how we got here and ultimately why we voted Leave on June 23rd 2016.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 20-05-2017 at 04:16 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Even if that were how it pans out, the Guardian is still suggesting that 8bn is the total vs 30bn, which is entirely disingenuous. For it to be 24bn total extra and still hit the 8bn target that suggests only 4bn extra each year before that, which wouldn't make any sense and is all speculation in any case like most of this thread and this election as a whole. In the same vein you could suggest that Labour would only raise it by 10p each year until the 5th year and then hold an election to get out of paying the rest, it's all guesswork.

Seeing a lot of people from both sides being completely hypocritical around social media and the news... Young Labour voters spout off about hating old people and wanting the rich to get given less money then act appalled when the Conservatives pledge to not give huge benefits to old rich people who don't need it, and on the flipside got Conservatives making fun of the the claims for stopping tax avoidance and then putting the exact same thing in their own manifesto. Whole thing is a mess and is essentially a slanging match that's going to boil down to how much you like the leaders, no matter how much they both deny that being the case
    I don't get why an average of 4 billion a year is hard to understand really. They are pledging that, in real terms, it will be £8 billion more to the budget in 5 years. They're obviously not going to put it up by £8 billion in a year, or they would have said that. A linear increase is the most sensible way to look at it.
    The difference between the Conservatives and Labours wording on the matter is that Labour has pledged a fixed sum over the term. Even if Labour did only put it up 10p a year except for the last year, you're still going to get (if they stick to their word) the full £30 billion whereas Conservatives could be anywhere between just over £8 billion or, as you previously assumed, £40 billion for the entire 5 years (neither of which would realistically happen).

I think it's also worth noting that, for whatever reason, the Conservatives worded the NHS with that £8 billion by the end of the Parliament but were happy to give a fixed sum for defence.

Either way, I see neither party actually sticking to it.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

A linear increase would mean like 2bn the first year which people would not be happy about and wouldn't do the party image any good at all, same way a fixed term amount could in theory mean cutting all spending for 4 years and then adding it all right at the end, it would just be daft for them to do it that way but I agree that neither would prob end up sticking to what they've said, although obv whoever loses the election will be able to claim that they would have done it
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Labour gaining in latest polls out today. Around 34% to 35% now. Again, not really denting Tory support.

Worrying though. Although I am voting for them, the Conservative campaign has been very... flat. They're losing control of the narrative and had better hope it doesn't become one of using Corbyn as a huge protest vote. They had also best be careful that they don't attack Corbyn too personally that it is obvious - because like in the referendum and European Elections 2014, if it is just an obvious piling in on one person then it doesn't look good and people react badly to it.

Get back to core messages and keep repeating. Brexit. Immigration. Tax cuts. Repeat, repeat, repeat.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 21-05-2017 at 12:59 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Strong and stable, strong and stable, strong and stable.

Some speculate the shitty campaigning is somewhat down to the idea people won't vote if the Conservatives are too far ahead. Also they've been attacking Corbyn for quite a while, and quite hypocritically too. Can't find the exact quote, but Theresa Mao said something like "politics isn't about games" or something then proceeded to just sling some shit.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Most of the personal stuff I've seen said has been aimed at May, Corbyn just gets called a communist but she gets witch, devil, murderer, all sorts. I don't like either of them but found it hilarious to see people on fb genuinely complaining that HIGNFY didn't insult May enough and dared to say something mean about Corbyn at one point. But yeah been shit campaigns all round, one based entirely on a three word phrase that's so over repeated it's become a joke and the other pretty much based on psychic predictions and not understanding how privatisation works
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

It's very annoying political activists/people interested in politics hounding everyone to register to vote. It's okay to not vote. A lot of people aren't interested in politics and others might just not like the options on the ballot paper. That's fine.

I reserve my right not to vote and to not be hounded for it by people who are only ever interested 3 weeks before an election.

Tokens
    Habbo
    hungryfront

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    It's very annoying political activists/people interested in politics hounding everyone to register to vote. It's okay to not vote. A lot of people aren't interested in politics and others might just not like the options on the ballot paper. That's fine.

I reserve my right not to vote and to not be hounded for it by people who are only ever interested 3 weeks before an election.
    Even if you're not interested in politics, it's still affects you. Those people that don't vote are the ones that complain about who won, or support them - if you don't vote, don't take credit.

just here to be political considering there's been a pretty one-sided viewpoint on here for a couple of years x

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

People who don't vote are still allowed opinions on how things pan out. I'm split at the moment between voting blue or just spoiling the ballot because although I think Labour will destroy everything in the name of being nice I don't actively support a lot of what the Conservatives want to do either and the others let's face it are just joke parties at this point
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    hungryfront

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    People who don't vote are still allowed opinions on how things pan out. I'm split at the moment between voting blue or just spoiling the ballot because although I think Labour will destroy everything in the name of being nice I don't actively support a lot of what the Conservatives want to do either and the others let's face it are just joke parties at this point
    Yeah you're still allowed an opinion, it just annoys me when people don't vote then complain who was voted in.

If you'd like to look at the state of the country with the conservatives, feel free. In one year of conservatives in power, two terrorist attacks have happened. They're not going to be able to stop terrorism so don't fall for it.

just here to be political considering there's been a pretty one-sided viewpoint on here for a couple of years x