HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Default Do you still check your ex's social media?

I have a really bad problem with checking my old partner's social media. It's not one that I like to do. Today I saw that she started dated again and I laughed because of all of the people she thought of dating after me from the 7 months we have been split from a years long relationship.

I know that I have issues comparing her new partners to me, so that's why I ask if you all have the troubles that I do?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

I'm not overly bothered what my ex(s) are doing. It can be hard at first but it gets easier in time. It helps if you have someone else (and you like them more). Relationship wise, one is still my friend on Facebook and the other is not. I can't look at the one that isn't because she has blocked me which is fine, she's dating someone ten years older than her and has two children now. The other has had a multitude of partners and can't seem to find 'the one'.

I have compared their partners to me, not that it matters.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zealoux

Latest Awards:

I find myself wondering what she's doing in general, but I've given up on the whole comparison thing. I'm happy and she seems it, but we don't have each other on any social media anymore, so it makes it a lot easier I guess.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Absently

Latest Awards:

Maybe like once every two years perhaps. Just to see how they are in life and what they're up to. They're on my social media still so I can see their updates usually on my feed, which is nice

Tokens
    Habbo
    The-Quiet-One

Latest Awards:

Rarely, only if I'm browsing social media and it comes to mind but I don't have any interest in being friends, let alone knowing what they're up to now so it's not something I do often. We've all moved on and have our own separate lives now that in some sense, isn't each others business.
    thanks lucpix for the cute sig xo
    twitter / blog

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yuxin

Latest Awards:

surprisingly not actually i try 2 avoid seeing his face

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I have none of my 'proper' exes on any forms of social media to check up on them. However, I will occasionally check my first proper boyfriend's Facebook now and again, just because it's been nearly 5 years since we split up and it's interesting to see what he's doing now - I have some of his family on Facebook still as I don't delete people and they never deleted me (his step dad even likes my posts about my current boyfriend). When we first broke up I'd be wondering what he was up to, but then I stopped and now it's at a point where I don't mind because it's in the past, plus out of my exes he was actually the nicest even though he was the weirdest too, it's odd! With the other two, their Facebook's are mainly private, but it doesn't interest me in the slightest what they're doing, one of them I forget they exist and he was my longest relationship/boyfriend to date - he's the one I dislike throughout all my exes, I can tolerate the others, just not him.

Only one of my exes has moved one, the first one hasn't had a girlfriend since we split up in 2012, I don't know why I just expect his next partner to be male! The second one asked someone out and got rejected which I found pretty funny, in hindsight if I had never been out with him and I got asked out by him now (if I was single) I wouldn't go there at all, not my type in the slightest (which I found out), and the last one has/had a girlfriend last time I knew (he put it on Facebook before deleting me), but to be honest I'm not fussed and I'm happy for him!

Long story short I only ever really check one of them, and it's very rare I do that! I love my current boyfriend more than I ever did with the other 3 combined so I don't really need to check up on my exes because I'm already the happiest I've ever been and I don't need to try and improve that by looking at their social media accounts!

Tokens
    Habbo
    e5

Latest Awards:

don't really have proper exes, but nah dont look them up on social media, no point - they're in the past!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

I'm quite lucky to be friends with some of my exs so I'd only check if I was to contact them for something. I sometimes like to see what they are up to .

Tokens
    Habbo
    nat965

Latest Awards:

I'm not bitter or hurtful to any of my ex's, so I do still stalk them on social media. it's interesting to see what they're up to.