HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Absently View Post
    The reason the events are done 24 hours is many people feel overwhelmed when there is so many events going on throughout the week and it's easier to miss them
    Maybe then, if the tournament lasts 7-10 days have 3/4 department's event/competition last for the first 3 days and then the other departments have the next 3 days etc.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

I sometimes wonder if maybe rather than having every department doing a big 24 hour event during these kinds of things, it might be better to focus on hosting as many events on the client as we can instead, supplementing them with competitions on the forum and then just having a couple of big events run during the week instead. That way it's less confusing, less overwhelming, and you have the added benefit of lots of on client events. I think it needs to be communicated to all staff that they can host events during these periods and actively encouraged to fill up the timetable. I think you will probably get more chance of recruiting new members/staff through on client events during a tournament than through a departmental challenge/themed thing anyway. Like for the sake of 3 people entering a competition you've put a few hours into organising, why not just host a couple of on client events and get 20+ people playing in each of them and advertise loads at the same time! Historically, the main focus in big seasonal events was getting the events timetable filled up, some competitions prepared, some solid Habboxlive on air-competitions and then just a couple of quest type things maximum.

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

Like Landon, Cody, nat965 Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Absently

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
    Maybe then, if the tournament lasts 7-10 days have 3/4 department's event/competition last for the first 3 days and then the other departments have the next 3 days etc.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    We've actually run quite a few department events like that too

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt660 View Post
    I sometimes wonder if maybe rather than having every department doing a big 24 hour event during these kinds of things, it might be better to focus on hosting as many events on the client as we can instead, supplementing them with competitions on the forum and then just having a couple of big events run during the week instead.
    I personally would far prefer this; it's a stronger presence on the client and allows a much larger number of people to get involved. Still the same problems of getting people to actually do it though, we did a 24 hour full day of events before and there were only like 4 or 5 non-events staff who did it
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    I personally would far prefer this; it's a stronger presence on the client and allows a much larger number of people to get involved. Still the same problems of getting people to actually do it though, we did a 24 hour full day of events before and there were only like 4 or 5 non-events staff who did it
    I think if it's done properly then a thread needs to be made in the staff forum as early on as possible before the event highlighting the importance of them taking part, giving full instructions on how to, and offering the use of rooms etc. I for one would rather put my efforts into hosting an event than creating a 24 hour quest that only 3 people are going to enter, because I know how easy an event is to organise and how beneficial they can be.

Take Easter 2011, over 200 people had their name on the leaderboard whilst there were 4 days of the tournament left apparently, and that's mainly because of the volume of events we managed to host with staff and managers all pulling together to get a timetable planned in advance. HxHD chipped in too with their own unique events on certain days in the helpdesk, and there will have been themed competitions to win points, as well as on air competitions each day.

I honestly think in some ways Habbox just needs to go back to basics and not complicate things so much with too many quests and things. Events on the client are a powerful tool enough to get plenty of advertising in and people involved with Habbox.

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

Like FlyingJesus Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Absently

Latest Awards:

When I first joined as AGM I encouraged people to host events and did all the threads in staff forums and it just didn't get any pull which is why I've given up on encouraging other staff members to host, but still communicate to them that I would love if they hosted.

We are moving away from the big department events that we have had in the past due to the lack of pull with them nowadays and instead moving towards our funfair which is something monthly and interesting, giving a nice push of activity for the weekend of that month (provided it works out). Im open to anything, so I will keep in mind us pushing active on-client events, I just worry about the pull of it.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Sloths

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt660 View Post
    I think if it's done properly then a thread needs to be made in the staff forum as early on as possible before the event highlighting the importance of them taking part, giving full instructions on how to, and offering the use of rooms etc. I for one would rather put my efforts into hosting an event than creating a 24 hour quest that only 3 people are going to enter, because I know how easy an event is to organise and how beneficial they can be.

Take Easter 2011, over 200 people had their name on the leaderboard whilst there were 4 days of the tournament left apparently, and that's mainly because of the volume of events we managed to host with staff and managers all pulling together to get a timetable planned in advance. HxHD chipped in too with their own unique events on certain days in the helpdesk, and there will have been themed competitions to win points, as well as on air competitions each day.

I honestly think in some ways Habbox just needs to go back to basics and not complicate things so much with too many quests and things. Events on the client are a powerful tool enough to get plenty of advertising in and people involved with Habbox.

This reminds me of old hxss and the Olympics event back in the day, there would be a full events calendar and so much enthusiasm to take part, even in the international side of things. Obviously we're never going to get the same amount of people and enthusiasm as we had back then.

We're trying to implement more mini events into hxhd (as you may be able to tell from the event section of the new design) however it's sort of taken a back seat atm although I've heard a few staff members have been hosting.

We definitely need to get new people in, however I think from my point of view anyway Habbox members aren't as welcoming as they used to be. There's a lot of 'cliques' (which I assume will be the same in other fansites) and some new users may find it rather intimidating. I know I find some sections intimidating and I've been here since early 2009! There are a fair amount of new users that are younger than some of us so I realise that can be a factor, but being welcoming and being their best friend are two different things.
    The help desk is a big thing for recruitment and we're trying to work on being more welcoming to new users, but events would be another big area to focus on being welcoming and recruiting as well. Any suggestions for the help desk to improve is welcome, whether privately or publicly is fine!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bikini

Latest Awards:

I guess since I am tagged in the starting post I guess I'll give my side of what I feel.
    I had stated I was in so many departments, so I see a lot. I see the department managers working their asses off for the department but no real results.
    People complain that there is nothing going on the client or the forum yet being in the competitions department, we bring out new competitions each week and we only get 4-5 submissions out of the fifty or so active members throughout a week. So it's not the departments fault, it honestly just those who are on the forum. Half of them do not go on client anymore, so they tend to stay on the forum, so when tournaments and such happen, they don't participate because without going on client you have no way of actually winning. Being able to offer the same amount of incentive for those solely on forum as those who do both.

Any thoughts? Or should I wait until that Habbox staff thread?

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Half of them do not go on client anymore, so they tend to stay on the forum
    This right here. I don't play habbo (very rarely login), just here because of the community.

Tokens
    Habbo
    rhyce1995

Latest Awards:

I guess its about how much effort you put into each department @Despect mentioned earlier in the comments. Each department
    is different i know that habbox use to hit a essential amount of traffic way back in the day, And it can be very frustrating
    with us being one of the longest official fan sites if not the longest.

And its mainly due to the traffic whilst we have slacked a bit now its just like our department im one of the DJs Worked for James
    despect for about 5 months then left as a DJ due to family issues and after 2 years im back and the first thing i said to him
    was where the hell are the listeners, With that being said Habbo itself has died down. Which many of us are actually over the school leaving age
    if not just about to finish we have so many more commitments as the GMs mentioned Ill be leaving soon as iv just found im im going to be a farther

Whst im trying to say is Nothing last forever But we can keep the site up just a wee bit longer if the community put in the effort. What most forgot to mention
    is we do not get paid to work here its all voluntary so things like families jobs uni and other commitments will and always come first sadly have to say but its true

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast