HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

If the default is set to the bugged editor then it will happen to new users, if it's set to another editor it won't.

Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    If the default is set to the bugged editor then it will happen to new users, if it's set to another editor it won't.
    Are you able to find out and change it if needed? I think it's important!

Also, I'm keeping the bugged editor purely because I hate the other ones as they don't show me my thread as I go along what it's going to look like formatting wise- and I have got used to this one over the years, but it's bloody annoying as hell having to start a new line to get spaces working every time I post! It does it in PM's too!

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

@Chris; can check that I can't atm.

I'm not sure if there's a better editor that can replace the bugged one, or have it in addition to the bugged one.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

I'm not sure if there's a better editor that can replace the bugged one, or have it in addition to the bugged one.
    Thatwouldbesouseful!

Former:

News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Habbox doesn't attract new members unless we have a spotlight event on and even then none of them stay, maybe one for a short while if that. There's nothing for new members so no wonder they don't stay! They can win VIP for posting X amount of times in a short space of time, or may be considered for Newcomer of the Month, but what else? There's nothing really, and no one seems to actively go on Habbo to get those new members joining anymore. I get a few invites on Habbo telling me about a giveaway or an event, which is good to see, but inviting people you know isn't really going to get those new members there, go into other rooms, public rooms, popular rooms or rooms where new people hang out, try and get them on board instead of waiting and hoping some people will randomly come in and join in with the event or giveaway. This might already be done, but if it is then no one's mentioned it in this thread to say what they're doing to try and get new members to join/stay.

I like HabboQuest events, if you're signed up to the site/forum you get double the event prize if you win just by giving your forum name, likewise with another fansite (the name escapes me) they did it where you gained a random code from your event win and inputting that on their site/forum gave you an additional prize (the additional prize might have been forum based, I'm not sure). They are rather unique things and actually interest people in playing, Habbox needs that unique idea.

I don't find people arguing in other fansite's events as much, and this is what's put me off Habbox events before, it's the rudeness in the room - some of it mainly by the host themselves or Habbox staff. You're providing an event for players, they don't need to play and they sure won't if you're rude to them or speak to them like rubbish. A new member isn't going to want to come into a bickering room or feel intimidated by the others in the room. I haven't been to a Habbox event in a while as they don't interest me much, so it might have changed since then.

Overall, I think there needs to be something new and unique to get people joining and staying, as well as something unique for them to play events and win prizes too.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    Said it a million times before, skin etc needs doing.

Then, to get new members, go on the Hotel and have a sign up = furni Givaway.

That's how fansites built themselves up years ago and same principle applies.
    I asked Laura about the skin going back a month or two. I was told that she was waiting on someone to get back to her, but I'm going to assume she never heard back as nothing has come of it since.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt660 View Post
    We should probably fix the forum too as the space thing can be annoying on certain browsers and I know a few people have had issues with it. On microsoft edge when I post on the comps account I have to spam click before it lets me type etc. I think people won't stick around if we don't have an attractive and fuctioning forum that's easy to use and not confusing.
    Never experienced this issue, but there is an issue on certain skins where the editor will just carry continue on one line and never wrap which is really annoying. It should be fixable with css though.

I can't, don't have access to do that sadly.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

An Idea on an event I currently have in planning:

'The Apprentice' style event which is basically based on the TV show and we do different challenges where people have to make their own products and sell them, we'll basically give people a rough outline and they have to try convince the habbox community it's worth voting for. each week there will be a different person eliminated, this is something I need to really think of first before I even think of doing it so any suggestions is great.

I know Kelly is doing the funfair which I really feel will be successful and I hope that get people in. I have some ideas on getting new staff in too which I've given over to General management and I will be passing them onto Gina also.

These are just some ideas, feel free to hate on them lol.
    Last edited by despect; 24-04-2017 at 07:56 PM.

Like nat965 Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

We should probably fix the forum too as the space thing can be annoying on certain browsers and I know a few people have had issues with it.
    There is no word wrap when I reply to a thread and it's super annoying — is this what you're referring to? I was hoping a fix existed somewhere.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    There is no word wrap when I reply to a thread and it's super annoying — is this what you're referring to? I was hoping a fix existed somewhere.
    I'm not sure what you mean by word wrap, but what I (and a lot of others) have been experiencing is that you go to type a sentence and no spaces appear between words- basically the space bar does nothing. You have to start a new line for spaces to start working.

Then the other problem I get on the other browser, which I use for the HabboxComps account is that I can't start typing straight away, I have to wait a good 5-10 seconds and spam click before I can start typing which is weird!

Former:

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm not sure what you mean by word wrap, but what I (and a lot of others) have been experiencing is that you go to type a sentence and no spaces appear between words- basically the space bar does nothing. You have to start a new line for spaces to start working.

Then the other problem I get on the other browser, which I use for the HabboxComps account is that I can't start typing straight away, I have to wait a good 5-10 seconds and spam click before I can start typing which is weird!
    Oh, no. I have something entirely different. My words never jump to the next line when they reach the end of the box; my posts are just a long line of text. I always read over what I write, so it's rather irritating. I've only recently started popping by more frequently, but it never used to be like this.

http://i.imgur.com/YGicgzn.png

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast