HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquefiedFilth

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    if habbo is dying then why are other fansites, some that have been open a matter of months, absolutely booming with nearly 24/7 events and radio
    I use dying to describe the rapid decline in online numbers etc. It's dying for us as a user, not as a company, as I'm sure they still make shit tons of money from teens with no expenditure to worry about, I know they did from me. It's Habbox in general, like someone said before it's full of adults who are just sticking around because they don't know anything else and it's probably automatic to type in habboxforum.com when you first open chrome - I know when i was AM it was the first thing I went to. New fansites are booming because they're full of enthusiastic children (that sounds arsey, it wasn't meant to be) who have time and money to spend on it - Habbox doesn't have that anymore and I feel like it never will. The simple fact we're having this conversation now proves that - I don't for once believe a fansite has ever hit this issue and bounced back from it.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by myles View Post
    well i probably dont see it because the only people in the event are a group of habbox **** who are 20+ but act like 13 year olds and are horrible to eachother
    Yeah maybe we should tell each other to get cancer and pretend to be high school girls instead

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    New fansites are booming because they're full of enthusiastic children (that sounds arsey, it wasn't meant to be) who have time and money to spend on it - Habbox doesn't have that anymore
    This is the entire problem basically. People join who then just disappear completely or grumble about finding the time to spend one hour a week doing a job that they volunteered for, while a large number of those who are enthused about doing it all have (understandably) banded together elsewhere and brought their friends along
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    vls

Latest Awards:

was that a dig at me?

i think habboxs problem is that the entire management team is coming close to their 30s, like flying jesus for example
    Like Landon, David Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Oh no someone mentioned my age, the horror! This thread was for constructive criticism and strategies to improve, not for failed trolls to try upsetting people with tired insults and baseless conjecture. The problems have already been stated, no need to get angry
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

hello i've read this now

first point: I've been on ltd activity for close to three weeks as I've been doing DIY and moving - I haven't had longer than a week fully away since I became Content Manager in 2013 or 14 (don't remember) really so I don't really feel guilty for putting my real life first for ONCE - getting my house ready was kind of my priority

few things to comment on:

Skin - well, the developer is now working for another fansite and I haven't broached the topic since he begun there. Doubt they'd be happy with him working on our skins though.

RV - the plan is there, the functionality is working, just waiting on @dbgtz; to finish the coding work, get a wiggle on boy!!!

Events - it's so easy to say omg just host more events ok but seriously HOW. We've done recruitment fairs, tom set up payments and rewards, but whatever we do to match - and exceed - what other fansites are doing - don't seem to work?

The fansites I see with successful events have like a core group of users that go from place to place but as others have mentioned, we struggle to recruit and retain new members - I'm not actually sure why as we're all very lovely and friendly and have loads of rewards and perks for being here! Also, a group of friends all join up to host events together or have a really strong bond whereas the majority of people we seem to hire aren't really interested in making friends or bonding (most immediately mute the chats in fact) so it's harder to like, make them want to stick around?

Tokens
    Habbo
    vls

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Oh no someone mentioned my age, the horror! This thread was for constructive criticism and strategies to improve, not for failed trolls to try upsetting people with tired insults and baseless conjecture. The problems have already been stated, no need to get angry
    oh sweetie at least @ me if ur gonna speak shit about me! yeah this thread was for constructive criticism but ur the person who chose to start throwing digs at me! calm the frick down ur supposed to be 37 year old!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    hello i've read this now

first point: I've been on ltd activity for close to three weeks as I've been doing DIY and moving - I haven't had longer than a week fully away since I became Content Manager in 2013 or 14 (don't remember) really so I don't really feel guilty for putting my real life first for ONCE - getting my house ready was kind of my priority

few things to comment on:

Skin - well, the developer is now working for another fansite and I haven't broached the topic since he begun there. Doubt they'd be happy with him working on our skins though.

RV - the plan is there, the functionality is working, just waiting on @dbgtz; to finish the coding work, get a wiggle on boy!!!

Events - it's so easy to say omg just host more events ok but seriously HOW. We've done recruitment fairs, tom set up payments and rewards, but whatever we do to match - and exceed - what other fansites are doing - don't seem to work?

The fansites I see with successful events have like a core group of users that go from place to place but as others have mentioned, we struggle to recruit and retain new members - I'm not actually sure why as we're all very lovely and friendly and have loads of rewards and perks for being here! Also, a group of friends all join up to host events together or have a really strong bond whereas the majority of people we seem to hire aren't really interested in making friends or bonding (most immediately mute the chats in fact) so it's harder to like, make them want to stick around?
    you do you boo x if anyones going to complain that someone isnt devoting their whole life to a habbo fansite then they need to get a life and realise that people have better things to do sometimes x
    Like lawrawrrr, Landon Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by myles View Post
    oh sweetie at least @ me if ur gonna speak shit about me! yeah this thread was for constructive criticism but ur the person who chose to start throwing digs at me! calm the frick down ur supposed to be 37 year old!

- - - Updated - - -

you do you boo x if anyones going to complain that someone isnt devoting their whole life to a habbo fansite then they need to get a life and realise that people have better things to do sometimes x
    I mean I devote 90% of my free time and like 50% of my life to habbox SOME PEOPLE JUST DON'T GET IT MYLES RESCUE ME

Like myles Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    djclune

Latest Awards:

This has been happening for years. As other people have said, it's difficult to gain and retain younger members when a large portion of the current members are significantly older and not interested in Habbo.
    That's when Ron vanished, came back speaking Spanish
    Lavish habits, two rings, twenty carats

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I use dying to describe the rapid decline in online numbers etc. It's dying for us as a user, not as a company, as I'm sure they still make shit tons of money from teens with no expenditure to worry about, I know they did from me. It's Habbox in general, like someone said before it's full of adults who are just sticking around because they don't know anything else and it's probably automatic to type in habboxforum.com when you first open chrome - I know when i was AM it was the first thing I went to. New fansites are booming because they're full of enthusiastic children (that sounds arsey, it wasn't meant to be) who have time and money to spend on it - Habbox doesn't have that anymore and I feel like it never will. The simple fact we're having this conversation now proves that - I don't for once believe a fansite has ever hit this issue and bounced back from it.
    I don't think any Habbo fansite has ever faced the same phase as we are now.

What really needs to happen if we're honest is all of the departments, especially those which are community based, and ultimate control (General Management) over the day to day running of the website be handed over to very young and active members of the Hotel who have lots of friends and who are active in the fansite world. That's not an attack on older members - a lot of us, myself included in my third (thus far last) stint in staff only came back/still take part in staff as a favour or out of loyalty. It's very admirable but for the good of ourselves and the website it isn't sustainable.

The likes of Laura really now should be merely there as a constitutional figurehead, an owner figure in the background. The running of departments, community and staff should be handed over to somebody aged 15 who still actually plays the game.

Like Landon Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

i'm a little confused how people who barely go on habbo are able to make a justification on who plays the game or not???

I actually enjoy playing Habbo - might not be interested so much in hosting events or DJing but I'm often reading around forums there, doing little builds in diff rooms, I'm on almost every day even though I do see myself as more of a "figurehead" and general manager than getting into the nitty gritty, but loads of our managers and seniors play habbo properly on a regular basis? We also have quite a few younger people in staff who are pretty active as well but just don't post on the forum cos I will always maintain that utilising a forum is something that has gone out of fashion as technology gets more advanced and the new users don't bother with the older stuff!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast