HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    nat965

Latest Awards:

Default Your attitude towards work

I read the below article yesterday and I have to say it really gave me something to think about.
    Millennials are struggling at work because their parents 'gave them medals for coming last'

I'd love to get the view of people on here on this, do you work late and if so to what end? Do you feel grateful to your employer or for your job? Do you think the Millennial attitude sucks or is spot on?

Let's be honest, I like work. I like the money and the sense of achievement. And my job, despite my complaining, is a very decent job. I do more than 40 hours a week but paid well enough to compensate.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

My attitude to work has changed a lot over the last year. I went from college where I hated being there and had terrible attendance to full time employment in retail where I work normallyyy about 10 and a half hour days.

It was a real shock to the system at work but my work ethic has really improved since then. I now kinda enjoy working long days as I get a real sense of achievement and I know I could (and have frequently) work(ed) longer hours than my standard 10 and a half.

Long story short, school and college gave me a terrible work ethic but luckily for me my current work fixed that for me.

Tokens
    Habbo
    The-Quiet-One

Latest Awards:

My attitude has definitely changed from I don't care/can't be bothered to actually giving a damn and being appreciative of the job I have. I don't ever feel like I've ever been lazy in my jobs, I'd always give 100% even if I couldn't be bothered that day, it'd just be my attendance that was bad. I do feel like there is lazy people though, I work in a supermarket and it's basically a team effort to make sure we do all we need to do that week, but sometimes you can tell when people aren't putting in their effort, or aren't doing things properly mostly due to laziness. One person even said to me that they go out of their way to do the least amount because they're too lazy to do it and it just annoys me.

I don't know if it's anything to do with how people are raised, I do imagine some parents do everything for their children so they grow up thinking that everything will be done for them and don't really know what hard work is like, but I do also think people are just lazy and would happily get paid to do nothing than work for it.
    thanks lucpix for the cute sig xo
    twitter / blog

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

I think they're just taking more time to grow up because a lot are still in education at 20+. It wasn't uncommon 30 years ago to be married, full-time job and kids in their early 20s.

A lot of workers are not being paid what they're worth and are being treated badly too, but that's down to the employer.

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

i work like crazy. i'm glad i have a job since there is no guarantee i will always have one. work hard now, work less in future.

pigged 25/08/2019

Like Nick Liked

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

"work work work" ~ rihanna

Like nat965 Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

I feel privileged to be in a line of work that I generally love and that I can make a difference in peoples life. I love working with a lot of different people from different backgrounds. I do work overtime sometimes yes because I get a lot from my job and it'll really help me in the career path I want to go down in!

Tokens
    Habbo
    RuthlessSlayer-

Well I don't really like sitting in a room all day just listening to someone talk at the front. I like actually doing things myself. I do Design and Manufacture and I really enjoy that as I'm building a variety of different things. So ya, I don't like school however I'd love to work.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I work a split shift from 8am until noon, then again from 3pm until 7pm. You might think having a three hour lunch break is good, but there's not much you can actually do in three hours and you're always conscious of when you have to return. I'm grateful I have a job, but it feels as though all I do anymore is work. I earn good money, but I actually have an interview for a new job on Tuesday, which would pay me only half as much. I would prefer it, though, as time has a far higher value to me than money. I want to work to live, not live to work.
    Like Absently Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    SarahsGaming

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    "work work work" ~ rihanna
    Why has a Britney Spears song popped up in my head

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast