HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Tabs apparently coming to Windows on an OS level

Microsoft is planning to now release two big updates a year for Windows 10 with the next update codenamed Redstone 3, believed to be due around September.

What is interesting is the next update is rumoured to introduce tabs right across the operating system. This would work via windows explorer but also throughout win32 and UWP apps. Apparently it will work without any changes needed but API's will be released if developers want to take advantage of the new feature.

Do people think this is a good idea? There are lots of alternative explorer like file manager software out right now with many utilising a tabbed interface and there's already software to add tabs into windows. However it will be far handier if Microsoft do add this to Windows by default as I can see it being handy. I know a lot of people however dislike change so I do think they'd need a way to disable it to avoid something similar to the start menu fiasco that Windows 8 brought.

It also does add a big question - is Microsoft constantly playing catch up as many other systems have apparently offered this for years? They do however seem to be updating Windows far more than they used to. What do people think?

http://wccftech.com/windows-10-tabbed-shell/

Also if you're interested in Windows 10, the next update is also introducing a fresher design currently called project neon which will include better animations.

https://mspoweruser.com/project-neon...10-first-look/
    Like Ryanruff13 Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

Good news, its about time to be honest. Mac has been able to do tabs on finder for ages, and they added support for tabs in other apps in Mac Sierra.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

And, of course, after that, they'll plan to release the Like/tag system for the Images folder, and random 5sec ads after every single run .exe file!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

This actually sounds like a really interesting and great idea. I'm still paranoid, though, that it might not turn out well in practice, but we'll have to wait and see first.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by LUCPIX View Post
    And, of course, after that, they'll plan to release the Like/tag system for the Images folder, and random 5sec ads after every single run .exe file!
    Cannot see that happening really

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Like LUCPIX Liked