HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
    On 1st May, a local 16/17 year old college student who a lot of my Facebook friends knew (either by knowing him personally, or going to the same high school/college as him) took his life because he was constantly being bullied by a group of people for years, calling him attention seeking, telling him they were glad he was dead, saying the pictures he showed of his self harming scars were for attention and next time he should cut deeper because he clearly didn't do a good enough job the first time. Should he have just got over it? He put on a front and appeared happy, he had a relationship and a lot of friends who liked him and was a true friend to him but the negativity outweighed the positive factors of his life, see that's what happens when someone can't come out and say what's wrong, or can't come up with coping mechanisms, they get pushed and pushed until the edge. Keeping it all bottled up to him was the option, and it got to the point where he couldn't take it anymore. He committed suicide, was that better than crying to someone, or just being able to talk to them? A lad lost his life because of depression and bullying, he couldn't just snap out of it.
    honestly think i know who ur talking about, such a sad day!! rip x

tumblr | twitter | spotify
    there is some links 4 u all x x x

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

How anyone can say "snap out of it" is beyond me. How can you expect to snap out of it? I mean there's a lot of emotional things out there that make you feel depressed. Just because you're able to snap out of it and get on with life doesn't mean everyone else can. People deal with different situations in different ways, what upsets you might not upset other people, same goes for the other way around too.

It IS okay to cry because often crying is an outlet and it may not make people feel better but it's a natural reaction to situations that people may find themselves in.

Either way you have your opinion and I personally feel like it's wrong but I'm not going to personally attack you because you have a different opinion to Myself or other people. Freedom of speech and all of that.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Yes it's okay to cry, anyone who says otherwise is a moron and should never be listened to for advice whatsoever.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

I knew this thread would provoke predictable responses but some good ones too. I wasn't wrong, a fun read.

Some interesting responses from Laura, despect, Samanfa but then some overly dramatic and close-minded ones from hungryfront, Neversoft and xxMATTGxx or just plain wrong guesswork like scottish. A lot are confusing my general stance on depression and being down with the very severe cases which were mentioned where somebody literally shuts down, like PTSD. That's obviously in another category. My issue is with the increasing babyfication of society and men in particular.

My view is that you don't make people stronger by simply telling them it is okay to cry. Like has been said, life sucks and the only person who can drag yourself out of any low is yourself. There really is no point feeling sorry for yourself. There seems to be an increasing move now to have society 'let it all hang out' but I am not so sure this actually helps anybody but rather does the reverse and makes us feel more sorry for ourselves.

Like Landon Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquefiedFilth

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    I knew this thread would provoke predictable responsesd

Yep, thought so.

I am lucky enough not to have to deal with any MH related issue in my life yet but know that as a man it is perfectly acceptable for me to be able to cry as much as I want and deal with it in my own way. Credit to those who spoke out. UT please just stick to current affairs because I genuinely quite like reading your news breakdowns. I don't really see why you felt your opinion was neccesary for this though? Be proud of the fact you can suck things up and deal with things so rationally and quickly but be also ok with the fact others can't and change your prejudice views to supportive ones, maybe?

Tokens
    Habbo
    hungryfront

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    I knew this thread would provoke predictable responses but some good ones too. I wasn't wrong, a fun read.

Some interesting responses from Laura, despect, Samanfa but then some overly dramatic and close-minded ones from hungryfront, Neversoft and xxMATTGxx or just plain wrong guesswork like scottish. A lot are confusing my general stance on depression and being down with the very severe cases which were mentioned where somebody literally shuts down, like PTSD. That's obviously in another category. My issue is with the increasing babyfication of society and men in particular.

My view is that you don't make people stronger by simply telling them it is okay to cry. Like has been said, life sucks and the only person who can drag yourself out of any low is yourself. There really is no point feeling sorry for yourself. There seems to be an increasing move now to have society 'let it all hang out' but I am not so sure this actually helps anybody but rather does the reverse and makes us feel more sorry for ourselves.
    Your genitals don't have anything to do with your brain, stop making things up. Can't tell if you're being stupid on purpose at this point.

Conservative literally translates to close minded and not willing to try new things.

And, instead of using guesswork, use some research. Crying kills bacteria and improves vision, sweetie.

Have a tissue x
    just here to be political considering there's been a pretty one-sided viewpoint on here for a couple of years x
    Like cameron446: Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by hungryfront View Post
    Your genitals don't have anything to do with your brain
    Yeah they do

Quote Originally Posted by hungryfront View Post
    Conservative literally translates to close minded and not willing to try new things.
    No it doesn't

It's easy enough to counter Dan's claims without making up nonsense, this sort of spew doesn't help
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    hungryfront

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Yeah they do

No it doesn't

It's easy enough to counter Dan's claims without making up nonsense, this sort of spew doesn't help
    Explain how they do?

And, the definition of conservative is:

a person who is averse to change and holds traditional values.

So yes, it is.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    just here to be political considering there's been a pretty one-sided viewpoint on here for a couple of years x
    Like cameron446: Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

hurr durr what is hormones

And conservative in a political sense is not the same thing as conservative in a personal sense
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

cameron446: is offline HabboxWiki Staff
    HabboxLive Senior DJ (Music)
    Rare Values Staff
    Guest Events Organiser

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    cameron446:

Latest Awards:

Default "It's Okay to Cry" - No it's Not!

I've just read this thread and it's a whole lot of shit it is ok to cry @-:Undertaker:-; are you being stupid or just doing this on purpose to annoy people???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cameron446:; 23-05-2017 at 08:42 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast