HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Default Favourite books!!

HEY I need some recommendations 'cos I've only got one unread book on my shelf

so my favourite books are Room by Emma Donoghue, recently also loved The Circle by Dave Eggers

I'm also obsessed with basically all YA fiction, Everything Everything was great, Beautiful Broken Things etc

So has anyone got their fav books which I'd like to read maybe?

Tagging @wixard; to read it cos she seems to comment on my book choices on Twitter back in the day when I tweeted more than just complaining about trains (H)

Tokens
    Habbo
    The-Quiet-One

Latest Awards:

I'm sat next to my bookshelf so I'm just gonna list the ones I've read and enjoyed.

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist which is also a fantastic film
    Grow Up
    Hush Hush series
    Dorothy Must Die (haven't finished it yet but really enjoying it so far, it's the same world as Wizard of Oz)
    Eleanor & Park
    Bleed
    Blue is for Nightmare series
    Peeps & The Last Days
    The Perks of Being a Wallflower

John Greens books are also really good but I imagine you've read them/heard about them.
    thanks lucpix for the cute sig xo
    twitter / blog

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

If you like YA then you need to get the Animorphs series and Everworld series, both by KA Applegate +*+*+*+
    For something brilliant in general Flowers For Algernon it will make you cry and Brave New World is also perfect
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I'm sat next to my bookshelf so I'm just gonna list the ones I've read and enjoyed.

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist which is also a fantastic film
    Grow Up
    Hush Hush series
    Dorothy Must Die (haven't finished it yet but really enjoying it so far, it's the same world as Wizard of Oz)
    Eleanor & Park
    Bleed
    Blue is for Nightmare series
    Peeps & The Last Days
    The Perks of Being a Wallflower

John Greens books are also really good but I imagine you've read them/heard about them.
    I thought perks was alright but nothing amazing. I've read TFIOS and something else but I can't remember what..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    If you like YA then you need to get the Animorphs series and Everworld series, both by KA Applegate +*+*+*+
    For something brilliant in general Flowers For Algernon it will make you cry and Brave New World is also perfect
    i've tried to read brave new world before but coudlnt get into it!! might give it another go now im older...

Tokens
    Habbo
    Prosiary

Latest Awards:

eleanor and park
    the state of grace
    if i stay,
    everything, everything
    papertowns
    the fault in our stars
    the hate u give
    all the bright places
    fangirl

liam //

www.habbox.com/jobs

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I adore Haruki Murakami and have read the majority of his work. He's masterful — he'll win the Nobel Prize one day. My favourite novel of his is Norwegian Wood, but everything I've read thus far has been remarkable and poignant in its own distinct way. His work generally includes elements of magical realism, but he has also put out some more straightforwardly realist fiction, with themes of sexuality, romance and loneliness.

His short work is probably the most accessible, with his story On Seeing the 100% Perfect Girl One Beautiful April Morning likely the most straightforward and unfiltered. It gives a good glimpse into his style of prose without the inclusion of some of his heavier themes and more illustrative writing. The Second Bakery Attack is also very good and displays his addictive wit, and I really love The Wind-Up Bird and Tuesday's Women, which formed the basis for one of his novels. I'm currently reading his new collection, Men Without Women. He always captures emotion with such clarity and has the tremendous ability to make the mundane seem almost ethereal. He writes often of melancholy, but it's never straightforwardly depressing or sad, but rather enlightening and terrifically layered.

Besides Murakami, I like Kenji Miyazawa's Night on the Galactic Railroad, Stephen Chbosky's The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Shusaku Endo's novels Silence and The Samurai, Mark Haddon's The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time and the works of J.R.R. Tolkien. I also like to read autobiographies occasionally. The latest was Brian Blessed's Absolute Pandemonium.

Two years ago, I began noting my favourite quotations whenever I read through a new book. I now have quite the collection. It's really brilliant how some finely assembled words can conjure such terrific emotion and imagery. You can't beat a good book.
    Last edited by Neversoft; 14-05-2017 at 12:22 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shonly

Latest Awards:

i'm not very good at recommending books but my favourite is the book thief by markus zusak and i recommend that if you've not read it. it's historical fiction though

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Did you ever finish the holly bourne books Laura? If you want I have two of them as brooks I can send you that I bought on amazon!! I know they're quite youngish but they're a nice read and obviously English and relatable

i also just read Simon vs the homo sapien agenda and I thought it was good

I also really recommend Jenny han, AMAZING YA author prob my fav ever!!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Wtf at liking Room that was one of the worst reads of 2015 for me

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by wixard View Post
    Did you ever finish the holly bourne books Laura? If you want I have two of them as brooks I can send you that I bought on amazon!! I know they're quite youngish but they're a nice read and obviously English and relatable

i also just read Simon vs the homo sapien agenda and I thought it was good

I also really recommend Jenny han, AMAZING YA author prob my fav ever!!
    OMG no I completely forgot there were more!!! I love YA books cos they're really easy to follow. I only read for about ~30m each day on the train so need something I can dip into easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Empired View Post
    Wtf at liking Room that was one of the worst reads of 2015 for me
    The perspective, from the kid, with such unknowns and confusions, is just such a literary masterpiece! Read it about 5 times now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast