Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Master's degree

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    22,664
    Tokens
    2,634
    Rep Count
    1943
    View Awards

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catchy View Post
    I start my MSc in midwifery in september, scary! healthcare masters usually works a little differently though as we usually do them part time as we still need to work clinically for some of our modules. I'm going to be doing one module at a time as I'm still gonna be working full time alongside. I'm self funding with a postgrad loan which isn't too bad as the NHS funded my undergrad degree so all together with an undergrad and postgrad degree I'll have about 19k student debt. Not bad at all. I'd say go for your masters as everyone seems to have a bloody undergrad degree these days. Good luck!
    Thank you! And to you, as well. Sounds like you have it all figured out. If everything goes well I'll be funding my studies the same way, but will only work part time. I'm just finishing off my personal statement and have references lined up. As soon as they've come through, I can submit my application. Hope it isn't too late!
    I'M A DRAGON, YOU'RE A WHORE
    DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GOOD FOR

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,898
    Habbo
    Rubbish
    Tokens
    6,897
    Rep Count
    225
    View Awards

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    Thank you! And to you, as well. Sounds like you have it all figured out. If everything goes well I'll be funding my studies the same way, but will only work part time. I'm just finishing off my personal statement and have references lined up. As soon as they've come through, I can submit my application. Hope it isn't too late!
    Ha, I wish I had it all figured out so many decisions recently. Good luck! Are you doing it at the same uni you studied? Sometimes you get a discount in your fees, I think I get a 1500 discount or something like that, all together it's 50 per credit so works out about 7500 with the discount, not too bad I don't think!

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    22,664
    Tokens
    2,634
    Rep Count
    1943
    View Awards

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catchy View Post
    Ha, I wish I had it all figured out so many decisions recently. Good luck! Are you doing it at the same uni you studied? Sometimes you get a discount in your fees, I think I get a 1500 discount or something like that, all together it's 50 per credit so works out about 7500 with the discount, not too bad I don't think!
    Nope! I studied in London but don't live there anymore and don't fancy commuting, so it'll be a different university. The tuition fees are 5,450 for the year, so it isn't terribly expensive. I understand the new postgraduate loan isn't means-tested, so if I get the full amount it should more than cover it. I'm working full-time at the moment, but will swap to part-time when the course begins, so I shouldn't have to worry too much about money. It's great you can get a discount, though. I wasn't even aware such a scheme existed.
    I'M A DRAGON, YOU'RE A WHORE
    DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GOOD FOR

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    22,664
    Tokens
    2,634
    Rep Count
    1943
    View Awards

    Default

    So I finally applied at the end of May and had my interview a couple of weeks later, which went so well I gained the energy of a thousand lemurs, but then there was silence. My interviewer said he would be very happy to recommend my application and that I would hear back shortly — but nothing. Every day I expected to hear back, until my hopes dried up. It's been a little over three weeks since my interview, so I rang them for an update today. The woman I spoke to was so coy at first, saying how I should have received the decision by now. She kept referring to this 'decision' within explicitly stating what the decision was, so I braced myself for bad news, but eventually she came out and said I had an unconditional offer. I'm so pleased — I was getting incredibly depressed thinking how I'd just be floating around in limbo some more. I'm also hoping to do a short course in Korean language so long as it doesn't clash with my university timetable. This is like the first thing that has worked out for me this year. Now I gotta sort out that loan money!
    Last edited by Neversoft; 10-07-2017 at 10:15 AM.
    I'M A DRAGON, YOU'RE A WHORE
    DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GOOD FOR
    Likes fritec, Absently, Catchy liked this post

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,898
    Habbo
    Rubbish
    Tokens
    6,897
    Rep Count
    225
    View Awards

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    So I finally applied at the end of May and had my interview a couple of weeks later, which went so well I gained the energy of a thousand lemurs, but then there was silence. My interviewer said he would be very happy to recommend my application and that I would hear back shortly — but nothing. Every day I expected to hear back, until my hopes dried up. It's been a little over three weeks since my interview, so I rang them for an update today. The woman I spoke to was so coy at first, saying how I should have received the decision by now. She kept referring to this 'decision' within explicitly stating what the decision was, so I braced myself for bad news, but eventually she came out and said I had an unconditional offer. I'm so pleased — I was getting incredibly depressed thinking how I'd just be floating around in limbo some more. I'm also hoping to do a short course in Korean language so long as it doesn't clash with my university timetable. This is like the first thing that has worked out for me this year. Now I gotta sort out that loan money!
    Well done! I start mine in September too, as well as working full time... Don't feel ready at all!!

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    22,664
    Tokens
    2,634
    Rep Count
    1943
    View Awards

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catchy View Post
    Well done! I start mine in September too, as well as working full time... Don't feel ready at all!!
    Awesome! I'm doing mine full-time, so I've already swapped to a part-time job. I work early mornings, so the timing should work out well as I think all my classes will be in the afternoon. Can't wait! How long does your MSc go on for?
    I'M A DRAGON, YOU'RE A WHORE
    DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GOOD FOR

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,898
    Habbo
    Rubbish
    Tokens
    6,897
    Rep Count
    225
    View Awards

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    Awesome! I'm doing mine full-time, so I've already swapped to a part-time job. I work early mornings, so the timing should work out well as I think all my classes will be in the afternoon. Can't wait! How long does your MSc go on for?
    That'll be good! I'd love to do it full time but wouldn't be able financially afford to. I think it varies because I choose how many modules I want to do etc, but only doing one module at a time so it's not too much as I potentially may have another job which means I will drop down to two days a week in my main job, pick up the hours with my new job and then doing my msc part time... it's gonna be full on.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    18
    Tokens
    91
    Rep Count
    0
    View Awards

    Default

    not atm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •