HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    nat965

Latest Awards:

Default Sharing fuel cost

Is it rude to ask for fuel money / to share the cost of fuel if you're giving someone a lift, in general?

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Depends how far you're going, if it's just like down the road to the pub then nah just get a pint (of coke obv, tut tut) off them but if you're going a long way then def ask for fuel money, be rude of them not to offer really
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

I dunno, if its a long journey its kind of rude for the person getting the lift not to offer...so no I dont think its rude to ask.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Absently

Latest Awards:

yeh as mentioned above, if it's a long journey and you both are wanting to go somewhere together then it would be rude not to divide the cost of fuel between you both.

i was in a situation last year where i would drive to uni and on the way i would pick up my friend and her housemate (friend at the time) would join us. it was out of my way to goto their house but i didnt mind because my friend would drive half of the time too so it meant we were just using 1 parking space. our other friend (the non driver) would always hop into the car without asking which annoyed me a bit (he would bring his gf too some times). my car is tiny and crap and with the added weight of someone in the back seat i can feel it!! i also need to work to keep my car to pay for my tax and insurance!! and when someone gets a lift 5 days a week without contributing it quite annoyed me in the end. my friend and i then decided amongst ourselves we would all put in a fiver a week for the petrol costs to make it fair on us all, which he agreed to but wouldnt pay up!!

perhaps that is petty im not too sure!

Tokens
    Habbo
    The-Quiet-One

Latest Awards:

If it's a long journey than yeah, cause you're gonna use more fuel but if it's a short journey then I wouldn't worry about it, as FlyingJesus said if it's to a pub or restaurant then you could just say pay for my drink or something along those lines.
    thanks lucpix for the cute sig xo
    twitter / blog

Tokens
    Habbo
    nat965

Latest Awards:

Unless it was completely out of my way and a long distance, I would be be happy to do it for nothing. But I would also want the person to offer...even though I wouldn't accept it.
    It's just nice to be offered.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Been doing 1000+kms per journey between cities for the last several months, if they don't chip in for fuel then they don't get a lift. I'd say anything over 25 miles worth they should start chipping in, unless it's like a daily lift then they should be chipping in once a week or something to cover the costs even if it's only 2 or 3 miles.