HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Good luck - There is NO need for them to do this whatsoever. If you want to live like this then move to China and enjoy their great firewall.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

I love it when people who support all kinds of anti-civil liberties legislation in other areas get upset and hysterical over the internet. "Force pubs to ban smoking, force bakers to bake cakes for gays, force over the top airport regulations - but DO NOT touch my precious internet!!" - as they often tell the rest of us, if you don't like it then don't use the internet!

I'd usually be the first to oppose more state interference but given nobody else seems to care about the general erosion of liberty in this country, and in fact will *argue* for those liberties to be abolished because that is their own personal preference in life - I just sit back now and watch happen to them and what matters to them be applied when they were perfectly happy for it to apply to others. Advocate growing state involvement in matters of conscience/freedom and eventually it'll come back to haunt you and your preferences, hobbies and interests. I have said this time and time again and here we are.

So yeah. Still voting Conservative.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 21-05-2017 at 12:45 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Once again someone comparing this to the ban of smoking... jesus **** christ.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    Once again someone comparing this to the ban of smoking... jesus **** christ.
    I compared it to other things aswell. I know you posted at 8am but rub that sleep out of your eyes.

As I was always told, don't like this? Then don't use the internet!

Tokens
    Habbo
    hungryfront

Latest Awards:

Yes but smoking harms other people. You can't discriminate against people because of their sexuality (I can't be bothered explaining why being homophobic is wrong to you). And you're the one always complaining about all Muslims being terrorists, Undertaker, so surely you're in favour of airport checks.

Or, do you only agree with things when they're useful to you?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    just here to be political considering there's been a pretty one-sided viewpoint on here for a couple of years x
    Like xxMATTGxx Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    I love it when people who support all kinds of anti-civil liberties legislation in other areas get upset and hysterical over the internet. "Force pubs to ban smoking, force bakers to bake cakes for gays, force over the top airport regulations - but DO NOT touch my precious internet!!" - as they often tell the rest of us, if you don't like it then don't use the internet!

I'd usually be the first to oppose more state interference but given nobody else seems to care about the general erosion of liberty in this country, and in fact will *argue* for those liberties to be abolished because that is their own personal preference in life - I just sit back now and watch happen to them and what matters to them be applied when they were perfectly happy for it to apply to others. Advocate growing state involvement in matters of conscience/freedom and eventually it'll come back to haunt you and your preferences, hobbies and interests. I have said this time and time again and here we are.

So yeah. Still voting Conservative.
    So basically what you're saying is, you're as big of a hypocrite as some people you've just criticised.

For arguments sake, I will say I supported all of those 3 things you listed and I can tell you how very different it is.
    A smoking ban in the actual pub building has no stopped smoking in general and there are still areas. A ban on websites will outright stop you gaining access to whatever content it is, some of which could be educational like in school when their shitty filters would block certain pages because they deemed it inappropriate when it was information on something perfectly legal to see.
    On the forcing the bakers, well with what I believe is relatively new legislation, ISPs are now forced to store every individuals internet history which will ultimately come at cost to the consumer. One could also argue that the forcing the bakers was to quash some homophobic "riot", whereas what exactly is this internet legislation meant to do? It sure as hell won't stop terrorism.
    On the airport regulations, well actually I can't really pretend to defend this as I believe it's pretty bad and intrusive, just in a different sense. It also just doesn't work. I should also add I didn't really support the bakers issue, but do on the smoking ban because science.

But let's look at the actual negatives of each issue beyond the idea of "freedom".
    Smoking ban: Smoker can't smoke inside a building.
    Bakers: Someone had to bake a cake for someone they didn't like.
    Airport regulations: A perhaps overly intrusive pat down if you're unlucky, and also some dodgy pictures.
    Conservative internet legislation: Attempting to weakening encryption in the name of anti-terrorism, not realising encryption is used everywhere including banking. Storing all data could mean sensitive data gets stolen and leaked. Restriction to educational material because it's deemed inappropriate. Damaging to tech based businesses, who do not advocate this in the slightest, which could ultimately drive them away. Conservatives, governments and arguably just companies which aren't technology focused have a poor record of good IT support. I could go on.

It is not the same.
    Like xxMATTGxx Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

As I was always told, don't like this? Then don't use the internet!
    Even for you that's a shit argument lol

Don't like baking cakes for people? Don't be a baker!!!!
    Don't like being checked for weapons? Don't go on planes!!!!
    Don't like being in an environment without smoke? Sit in an oven!!!!
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

@hungryfront; @dbgtz; @FlyingJesus;

Nope sorry. It's all about freedom, not freedom when it suits you. The State should be kept away from areas it really doesn't need to be in, like this and the examples I listed. The problem for you all though is that you're fine with having pub landlords lose their business because of your selfish preferences when you don't even own the business and you're fine with seeing Christian bakers get dragged through the courts for politely denying to bake a cake because they disagree with homosexuality. But touch your internet and read your Whatsapp!? Ohhhh the travesty! How we all must feel for you. Your internet is the most important thing ever isn't it. Screw the liberties of everybody else, but don't monitor your boring social media activity. Heaven forbid.

Truth is the public want more security so this time you're all going to be pushed aside like you pushed everyone else aside. There's no point complaining about your loss of civil liberties when you advocated it for others. Suck. It. Up.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 21-05-2017 at 02:14 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    hungryfront

Latest Awards:

@hungryfront; @dbgtz; @FlyingJesus;

Nope sorry. It's all about freedom, not freedom when it suits you. You're fine with having pub landlords lose their business because of your selfish preferences when you don't even own the business and you're fine with seeing Christian bakers get dragged through the courts for politely denying to bake a cake because they disagree with homosexuality. But touch your internet and read your Whatsapp!? Ohhhh the travesty, how we all must feel for you.

Truth is the public want more security so this time you're all going to be pushed aside like you pushed everyone else aside.
    How did we push everyone else aside? These hypothetical bakers pushed gay people aside.

Side note: there's no reason to disagree with homosexuality.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    just here to be political considering there's been a pretty one-sided viewpoint on here for a couple of years x

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by hungryfront View Post
    How did we push everyone else aside? These hypothetical bakers pushed gay people aside.

Side note: there's no reason to disagree with homosexuality.
    The whole point of living in a free society is that people are entitled to have the view that homosexuality is wrong. They own the business, not you. Therefore it is up to them who to serve, just as it is up to their customers whether to continue buying there.

Property rights are the basis of civil liberties. It is not up to the State to tell business owners who they can or cannot provide cakes for 'weddings' anymore than it is up to the State to monitor and file innocent people's internet activities.

You all advocated more state interference instead of taking the wise option regardless of your own personal opinions on each issue and now you're getting it. Invite the state to legislate on trivial issues and it'll eventually arrive at your door (literally) as it has.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast