HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

Default What do you want to see from the forum?

Hiya,

Recently I've been doing various different competitions for credit prizes, along with the usual forum prizes. Sadly they don't seem to be getting much interest so what I want to know is what you want to see from the forum? What can I do that will entice you to get involved with an event?

Perhaps you want to see a larger scale forum event? Maybe more client events (e.g. pacman)? Anything, just let me know what you want and I will see what I can do.

Thank you!
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

BRING BACK THE BEE ICON
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +
    Like Chris Liked

Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

More client events for sure! I think it's probably our best chance at bringing in new members who will appreciate/use the Habbo prizes we offer for forum competitions etc, since a lot of the active members at the moment don't use Habbo so much.

I think a giveaway on the client where people have to join up/post on the forum to claim their furni could be a good option too and could promote a bit of buzz. It seems to make more sense to put our funds into big things like that rather than spewing out competitions which get 1-3 entries.

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

Like Chris, Absently Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shonly

Latest Awards:

i always feel like giveaways are a waste since most people do whatever you need to do to get the furni then ya never see them again. def think we need more on-client presence though just more events rather than giveaways imo

Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    i always feel like giveaways are a waste since most people do whatever you need to do to get the furni then ya never see them again. def think we need more on-client presence though just more events rather than giveaways imo
    That's true, although I think a lot of it comes down to how the giveaway is run too, and whether there are enough Habbox people in the room to advertise/support people signing up/promoting what we have on offer etc.

I think if you got people to do something like register to the forum and post, then at least they are actively engaging with the forum and trying it out so to speak, and if only a few of those stick around then surely that's a good thing? It's basically having the same effect as an event would in telling people to visit the site, but actually making them physically do it so they get a sense of how things work/how easy it is/how nice the community is and the variety of forums we have on offer as they might not realise.

This would be like a big one off thing, not a regular thing, and would take a lot of effort, but considering the amount of effort that goes into all of the competitions and big scale events where only a tiny handful of people participate, I think it could be worth looking into? We desperately need to get new members engaging with the site and forum somehow.

We do definitely need more events though too I agree, and those need to be advertised in and supported too. It's not good just hosting an event, Habbox members/DJ's/other staff need to go along to the events too and talk to people/advertise their departments and get people signing up as staff and members.

I do think some sort of sign up competition could work though

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

Like Absently Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt660 View Post
    That's true, although I think a lot of it comes down to how the giveaway is run too, and whether there are enough Habbox people in the room to advertise/support people signing up/promoting what we have on offer etc.

I think if you got people to do something like register to the forum and post, then at least they are actively engaging with the forum and trying it out so to speak, and if only a few of those stick around then surely that's a good thing? It's basically having the same effect as an event would in telling people to visit the site, but actually making them physically do it so they get a sense of how things work/how easy it is/how nice the community is and the variety of forums we have on offer as they might not realise.

This would be like a big one off thing, not a regular thing, and would take a lot of effort, but considering the amount of effort that goes into all of the competitions and big scale events where only a tiny handful of people participate, I think it could be worth looking into? We desperately need to get new members engaging with the site and forum somehow.

We do definitely need more events though too I agree, and those need to be advertised in and supported too. It's not good just hosting an event, Habbox members/DJ's/other staff need to go along to the events too and talk to people/advertise their departments and get people signing up as staff and members.

I do think some sort of sign up competition could work though
    If you do that, you definitely need an admin in the room with you - when Kimmy did referral giveaways or gave Credits for referring her there were so many multiple accounts due to it!

As it could potentially be a long process (if you give them the furni after they sign up) then the others in the room could do little competitions to keep people there as well.
    Like Absently Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

ignore threads to be fixed

Tokens
    Habbo
    The-Quiet-One

Latest Awards:

I do think more client side events would be good because as said, it'll bring some attention to Habbox and hopefully drive in more people. I'm not a fan of the ones where they ask you to sign up so you get a better prize, etc. cause people will just make an account to get that. I did exactly that on one or two sites and I haven't been back since. I do think there is some good competitions on the forum too, although I don't always partake. Maybe getting an idea of what type of prizes people would like from them would be a good idea? If it's something that people want, they might be more likely to have ago.

It's hard to think of what else to suggest because I feel like the forum can be a bit slow at times and that might be the reason why people aren't taking part, etc. so if we focused more on the client side of things we might be able to gain some new users that'll put some live back into the forum.
    thanks lucpix for the cute sig xo
    twitter / blog

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

I've made a note on what is said in the thread so far and I'll be sure to take everything on board and hopefully bring the forum back to life again. I'll do my best anyway! If there's anything else you can think that might be useful then please do either post here or contact me and I'll be open to discussions. Thanks all!

Like Charlie Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Josh9507

Latest Awards:

Live Chat room?
    Just and idea

Oh and More Of That Good Looking DJ-TripJay u guys Got
    Yhea Lots of him