HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    So what you really mean is whatever the weather/climate you can't be proved wrong.

I'm going to go on living my life and not worry about the absurd idea that the end of the world is nigh. The warnings over global warming are so absurd and as of yet non-existent it reminds me of those religious people who stand in town squares with a bell and a placard telling me to accept Jesus or face impending doom. I care about nature/the environment but don't buy into this religious cult.

I'm honestly not in the slightest bit concerned or worried, neither are the politicians or celebrities who fly around on private jets telling us all that we should be worried. Or the hypocrite councils who turn their lights off for one hour of 365 days for Earth Hour but turn floodlights on the the rest of the years duration. I treat weather and climate warnings like I did economic warnings over leaving the EU.
    Look to Bangladesh, then tell me nothing is changing.

Of course, in England, we can barely feel any difference. We probably won't ever be that drastically affected; but others will. We can't ignore that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    Why is it that last year it was global warming and this year it's climate change? Lol
    Firstly, that joke was touted around a decade ago when the terms were first used. Secondly, they're not the same thing.

Congratulations on your attempt, though.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Bangladesh is basically a giant delta & flood plain. It's flooded since... forever.

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    What is "it"? Like I said they are two seperate things smart ass! It's not like people have completely switched to using one term over the other and next year "it" will be called something else

Perhaps the media need to also do their research and stop recklessly using the terms interchangeably
    It's easy to be aggressive over the internet isn't it. You just invaded my safespace! And you still don't get it.

Libs called it global warming last year, why do they call it climate change this year? Yes, people have completely switched terms according to what I am seeing.

Maybe it's their typical way of being politically correct?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AgnesIO View Post
    Firstly, that joke was touted around a decade ago when the terms were first used. Secondly, they're not the same thing.

Congratulations on your attempt, though.
    Congratulations, you've got my point unlike @lemons; who still doesn't get it.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zitrone

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    It's easy to be aggressive over the internet isn't it. You just invaded my safespace! And you still don't get it.

Libs called it global warming last year, why do they call it climate change this year? Yes, people have completely switched terms according to what I am seeing.

Maybe it's their typical way of being politically correct?
    lool mate you are really delusional! What did AgnesIO get that I didn't? What was your point? Were you trying to be funny? :S

Why do you always like to shove words and terms like 'liberals' and 'PC' into any discussion hahaha what have your political insults got to do with anything in this thread? Obsessed!

- - - Updated - - -

So what you really mean is whatever the weather/climate you can't be proved wrong.
    Yes!

Comparing scientific EVIDENCE of climate change to the UNCERTAINTY* of Brexit is ridiculous

*Brexit could end up good or bad but nothing is certain
    Like Landon Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    lool mate you are really delusional! What did AgnesIO get that I didn't? What was your point? Were you trying to be funny? :S

Why do you always like to shove words and terms like 'liberals' and 'PC' into any discussion hahaha what have your political insults got to do with anything in this thread? Obsessed!
    If delusional means speaking the truth then I'm in!

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lemons
    Yes!

Comparing scientific EVIDENCE of climate change to the UNCERTAINTY* of Brexit is ridiculous

*Brexit could end up good or bad but nothing is certain
    I haven't yet seen any evidence of global warming apart from spurious claims about natural events being our fault. Like...

- Claims ice shelves breaking off are due to rising temperatures when that is a natural phenomenon.
    - Pictures of icebergs melting with polar bears on them being used as proof when this has always occurred.
    - Claims flooding in Britain has been due to global warming when its due to lack of dredging/building on floodplains.
    - Claims our unpredictable weather in Britain is due to global warming when Britain has always had unpredictable weather.
    - Claims of bulbs opening early being evidence when this is often due to localised climate conditions (ie Cornwall).
    - Claims African countries are suffering drought due to warming when naturally due to lack of irrigation systems it'll happen.
    - Claims sea levels are rising when we're yet to see this actually happen.
    - Claims the Arctic Sea will soon be ice free in the winter when this hasn't materialised.
    - Claims the Maldives are about to submerge underwater yet they're still there.

A lot of claims but little to show for it. Like when Gordon Brown, then British PM, told us back in 2009 that we literally had 50 days to save the world unless we agreed the Copenhagen agreement. The agreement collapsed and... we're still here. Alive. Chill.

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

I haven't yet seen any evidence of global warming apart from spurious claims about natural events being our fault. Like...

- Claims ice shelves breaking off are due to rising temperatures when that is a natural phenomenon.
    - Pictures of icebergs melting with polar bears on them being used as proof when this has always occurred.
    - Claims flooding in Britain has been due to global warming when its due to lack of dredging/building on floodplains.
    - Claims our unpredictable weather in Britain is due to global warming when Britain has always had unpredictable weather.
    - Claims of bulbs opening early being evidence when this is often due to localised climate conditions (ie Cornwall).
    - Claims African countries are suffering drought due to warming when naturally due to lack of irrigation systems it'll happen.
    - Claims sea levels are rising when we're yet to see this actually happen.
    - Claims the Arctic Sea will soon be ice free in the winter when this hasn't materialised.
    - Claims the Maldives are about to submerge underwater yet they're still there.

A lot of claims but little to show for it. Like when Gordon Brown, then British PM, told us back in 2009 that we literally had 50 days to save the world unless we agreed the Copenhagen agreement. The agreement collapsed and... we're still here. Alive. Chill.
    And just as well, we have all of these graphs that are trying to be credible for showing global temperature the last 10,000 years. If we take a look at tropospheric temperatures, those only started to be measured via satellite in 1979. We can take a look at all of these temperatures, but there's no absolute way to know if they're credible. So far we know that ""climate change"" is a naturally occurring event. By the looks of it, we are warming up like we used to be. Nothing we can do.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

ahhahahahahahhahahah of course you're both climate change deniers

APPARENTLY my friend told me he read that you can't even withdraw within 3 years of signing the agreement and it takes a year to withdraw

so god knows Trump isn't gonna be re-elected so by the time that comes around the new pres can reverse the decision!!!

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    ahhahahahahahhahahah of course you're both climate change deniers
    You're absolutely right! I don't believe in lies to push political agendas. Looks like you do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12