HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Josh9507

Latest Awards:

Default is It Just Me Or Is Medical Treatment and Care At The Hospital delcining?

Okay Just i Got home today from a visit to the hospital tonight and it left me with one question: is It Just Me Or Is Medical Treatment and Care At The Hospital declining in quality first of all, I arri ved in a ambulance and i was put in a wheel chair and left in the er with a gaping wound in my leg, i was there for about say 2 hrs before The Lady SAID '' NOW CALLING CUSTOMER #i cant remember the number''
    Now this bugs me most of considering i thought we were patients not customers at the hospitals, So Allow me to pose this question to you, How do you feel about the quality of heath care?

moderator alert Thread moved by King-Tom (Forum Moderator) As I feel it is better suited here.
    Last edited by King-Tom; 10-06-2017 at 11:04 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Why does it matter if you're called patient or customer, although I've never heard of you getting ticket numbers in a hospital but I've not been in one for years. Either way that's nothing to do with the quality of healthcare that's the customer/patient service.

If there's more important stuff to be doing then of course you're going to be waiting, a cut on your leg is hardly life threatening so there's going to be a lot of people infront of you.

Tokens
    Habbo
    The-Quiet-One

Latest Awards:

I haven't been in hospital in a few years but I think my care was pretty good, although mine might have been seen as more serious as yours. I think it all depends on the seriousness of each patient as to who is seen first, and the amount of staff they have in to deal with everything.
    thanks lucpix for the cute sig xo
    twitter / blog

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

When i was in hospital in Wales, rural Wales, the care I got was pretty good - it was a little annoying that there weren't enough nurses so when I asked for pain medication it was sometimes an hour before I got it and I had to chase it up! But it was just so hard to recruit for hospitals like that, people just don't wanna move and work there

I think for what they're coping with our hospitals are working fabulously! Honestly the stories you hear with these terrorist attacks and stuff as well, how people go back to work over their time, they're such a fantastic bunch of people to do that job, I couldn't!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

I know nothing of Canadian healthcare. Ambulance for a gash in your leg? How bad was it?

As scottish has already said there were likely people with life threatening injuries ahead of you. I know an elderly lady who slipped in her bathroom had to wait 3 hours for an ambulance and she'd broke her hip.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Josh9507

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    Why does it matter if you're called patient or customer, although I've never heard of you getting ticket numbers in a hospital but I've not been in one for years. Either way that's nothing to do with the quality of healthcare that's the customer/patient service.

If there's more important stuff to be doing then of course you're going to be waiting, a cut on your leg is hardly life threatening so there's going to be a lot of people infront of you.
    I had a hole about 4 cm deep in my leg drifting in and out of consiouness

Tokens
    Habbo
    wuzz

Firstly, I'm sorry to hear you had such a poor experience at the hospital. I do agree with you that calling patients "customers" does sound a bit odd, and I personally would never refer to anyone as such; that being said, most hospitals are run as businesses, but that, I feel, is a point for an entirely different conversation.

In terms of your personal experience, I think it's important to consider your injury relative to other patients. If you injured your leg and were taken via ambulance, there is a great deal of triage done before you even get into the hospital. Patients who desperately need care immediately, such as those who are actively having a stroke or a heart attack, will be seen more quickly. It was likely determined that your situation was relatively stable, and while you may have felt woozy or dizzy (your drifting in and out of "consciousness"), your life was in no apparent immediate danger. Waiting a couple hours to get stitches and a tetanus shot is fairly average I would say. Hopefully you're on the mend and your leg feels better soon.

Tokens
    Habbo
    e5

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by DJ-Tripjay View Post
    Okay Just i Got home today from a visit to the hospital tonight and it left me with one question: is It Just Me Or Is Medical Treatment and Care At The Hospital declining in quality first of all, I arri ved in a ambulance and i was put in a wheel chair and left in the er with a gaping wound in my leg, i was there for about say 2 hrs before The Lady SAID '' NOW CALLING CUSTOMER #i cant remember the number''
    Now this bugs me most of considering i thought we were patients not customers at the hospitals, So Allow me to pose this question to you, How do you feel about the quality of heath care?

moderator alert Thread moved by King-Tom (Forum Moderator) As I feel it is better suited here.
    they probably had more life threatening stuff happen than a cut to your leg and therefor you weren’t on the priority list cos they didn’t think you would die imminently without treatment. Need to give A n E a break, they work fantastically hard, all over the country

Tokens
    Habbo
    Josh9507

Latest Awards:

while list they do, the heath care in my city sucks

I couldn't agree with this more TBH, It is declining so much because of stress and its the Administrations fault and not the Staff. They are doing everything they can but they are being overworked whereas the Adminstration are straining everyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast