You have to realize that hospitals are busy. They triage you. If you have a gaping wound in your leg, but aren't actually dying (say you have a pneumothorax) Or any other type of life-threatening illness that needs to be treated IMMEDIATELY, then that's different. Please remember that hospitals are treating sick people and there are many people in trouble. If you had bad experience, the ED was probably busy. You are usually called patients... but.. you are a customer.. You are spending money at the hospital, just as you would at a hardware store. I'm sorry you had a bad experience. But... Nurses and Doctors are busy people and you aren't their only patients.

Sending love and hope you are feeling better and hope you got that wound stitched up. Keep in mind that us future doctors, nurses, or doctors now, aren't superhuman and do the best we can.

Unless you are dying and bleeding out, you will likely wait a while.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DJ-Tripjay View Post
I had a hole about 4 cm deep in my leg drifting in and out of consiouness
You were likely drifting in and out of consiousness because of the shock to your body. It's your body's way of protecting itself from harm when it's trying to survive or when a recent trauma has happened. I'm sure they monitored your vitals like your bp, heart rate, oxygen, etc. If they thought you were in any way life threatening, I'm sure you would get the care you needed because they don't want a malpractice lawsuit either.

Remember that medicine is not personal, but professional.