HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Zitrone

Latest Awards:

12 people confirmed dead now... still expected to rise

If the plastic cladding is to blame for the rapid spread of the fire then it will be very damning for the people who developed it and also the government and politicians who have ignored residents for years regarding safety issues. The plastic cladding is going up all over tower blocks in London to make them look nicer and more attractive for luxury flat owners while ignoring the working class and the deep social issues associated with them! Outdated tower blocks need to be knocked down and new housing estates and shorter apartment buildings built (already happening in some areas)

- - - Updated - - -

This boy spoke a lot of sense on BBC this morning (apart from him saying it wasn't an accident)

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Apparently there have been numerous government failings being reported today concerning this - like BoJo shutting down numerous fire stations, MPs voting against a bill to enforce landlords to make houses habitable, a report that came out four years ago warning about the fire risk of buildings such as this one etc.

I mean everything is coming back to bite the conservatives so bad.
    /

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zitrone

Latest Awards:

https://grenfellactiongroup.wordpress.com/

This blog, run by local residents of the block predicted such an event due to safety failings, speaks volumes - so surreal

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    https://grenfellactiongroup.wordpress.com/

This blog, run by local residents of the block predicted such an event due to safety failings, speaks volumes - so surreal
    Crazy! Lawsuits for a long time to come, I guarantee it.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Intersocial View Post
    Apparently there have been numerous government failings being reported today concerning this - like BoJo shutting down numerous fire stations, MPs voting against a bill to enforce landlords to make houses habitable, a report that came out four years ago warning about the fire risk of buildings such as this one etc.

I mean everything is coming back to bite the conservatives so bad.
    All of which are totally irrelevant.

IF ONLY we'd doubled state spending then fires would never happen and we could have sprinkler systems everywhere.

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    All of which are totally irrelevant.

IF ONLY we'd doubled state spending then fires would never happen and we could have sprinkler systems everywhere.
    Did I hear correctly that this building was grandfathered into an old code?

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    Did I hear correctly that this building was grandfathered into an old code?
    What's that mean?

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    What's that mean?
    Essentially means that since the building is up by the time the new fire codes are created, it obviously doesn't have to comply with the new ones or something like that. Idk how it really works.

But to put it in perspective its like if you've got an old phone on a plan and they technically clear the plan from being sold, you can still remain on the plan. That's called being grandfathered in.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    Essentially means that since the building is up by the time the new fire codes are created, it obviously doesn't have to comply with the new ones or something like that. Idk how it really works.

But to put it in perspective its like if you've got an old phone on a plan and they technically clear the plan from being sold, you can still remain on the plan. That's called being grandfathered in.
    Oh. Not heard of that before, must be a yank expression.

I expect so. The building is one of those badly built 1960s or 1970s eyesores that the government threw up following World War II and they were dire. As soon as most of them were built they had problems. Most around the country have now been demolished.

My own city had dozens around the city centre and there's like only four left standing.

Tokens
    Habbo
    The-Quiet-One

Latest Awards:

It's horrible that lives were lost simply because they decided to turn a blind eye to the complaints they received but I guess they didn't want to put money into something they want to get rid of. In some ways, they've managed to get what they want because I doubt they'd be able to save the tower now so it'll be destroyed. I just wish it was under better circumstances.
    thanks lucpix for the cute sig xo
    twitter / blog

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast