HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default Countess Mountbatten of Burma dies aged 93

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...source=twitter

Countess Mountbatten of Burma dies aged 93

Daughter of the last Viceroy of India and first cousin of Prince Philip dies aged 93

Quote Originally Posted by BBC News
    Prince Philip's cousin, the Countess Mountbatten of Burma, has died aged 93.

Patricia Mountbatten married celebrated film producer Lord Bradbourne in 1946, and the pair had seven children. The couple were among a seven-strong boat party blown up by the IRA at County Sligo, Republic of Ireland, in 1979. Their son Nicholas, 14, was killed in the attack. As was Lord Bradbourne's mother, Dowager Lady Brabourne, and her father Lord Mountbatten.

The Countess, then known as Lady Brabourne, was badly injured but her husband survived as did Nicholas's twin, Timothy. For more than 30 years she used her experience of her loss to help other bereaved parents, through her support of the charities Child Bereavement UK and Compassionate Friends.

A spokeswoman for the family said the countess died peacefully on Tuesday at her home in Mersham, Kent, surrounded by her children. Lord Bradbourne passed away 12 years ago.

She was godmother to the Prince of Wales who paid tribute to her in a statement. It reads: "I was deeply saddened to learn of the death of my very special godmother, Lady Mountbatten, whom I have known and loved ever since I can first remember. "She played an extremely important part in my life and I shall miss her presence most dreadfully."
    A Buckingham Palace spokeswoman said: "The Queen and the Duke are aware and have privately passed on their condolences." When the Countess married in 1946 the then Princess Elizabeth, her third cousin, was one of her bridesmaids.

The family lived at Broadlands in Romsey, Southampton, and the city has a hospice named after Countess Mountbatten. The arrangements for a funeral in London followed by a burial service in Mersham, are to be announced at a later date.
    RIP

A pretty big death amongst royalty and the aristocracy, especially given the relation to the Royal Family itself through blood. Her son, The Lord Brabourne, will now inherit the title and become the 3rd Earl Mountbatten of Burma.

The Earldom of Burma is one of the senior titles and has the unusual colonial title of another country in it. A last link with history gone though as her father, the 1st Earl Mountbatten of Burma, was the last Viceroy of the British Raj (India) and was killed in 1979 when the IRA planted a bomb in his boat and detonated it.

Not a hit for this years DeathList surprisingly though.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 14-06-2017 at 09:45 PM.