HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

Default Regarding tokens!

Hello Habboxers,

So as you may of noticed we have been adding more to the forum shop to get people to post more around the forum and although it's a work in progress it seems to be getting at least some users posting which is good.

Now, we know that lots of you have many tokens that could potentially get whatever you want from the shop but some of the top token earners don't tend to buy anything from the shop so I was wondering what do you think should be added to the shop that WOULD make you interested in buying from the forum shop?

I personally think that the forum shop is a very good tool that we have and I don't feel it was used enough and it didn't really appeal to habbo users which is actually what we want to try bring in.

To stop people who haven't posted in a while from clearing out the shop from new users, one possibility we've been considering is maybe giving a deadline for you to spend your tokens on whatever you want from the shop or have it set to a fair level, I think personally this would get people posting more because then they have to post around to get the tokens then buy items from the shop, it'd help us not run out of items quickly.

Now this in no way set in stone, this is just our thinking and we are willing to take suggestions !

Thanksss!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I really like the idea of the shop and think it's a good incentive to get people posting, but new users have quite a way to go before they're able to get anything significant. I didn't use the forum for like four years, so I barely have any tokens even though I'm posting a lot now. Would be nice if you could buy some sort of lottery ticket for a chance at getting something big. I did notice there is a tab for lotteries. As it is now, there's no point in me or somebody new working towards getting something like the Dragon Egg, because they will all be long gone by the time we get there. Posting from scratch, it would ordinarily take something like 800 posts to get enough tokens, which is a bit obscene given the current state of the forum. I feel as though people are likely to give up once they realise the items they really want are pretty much unobtainable. Happy Hour is a neat idea, but I feel as though it's something that should occur every day.
    Last edited by Neversoft; 16-06-2017 at 10:19 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Happy hour daily would be pointless and if people genuinely were going after tokens they'd hold off posting outside that time.

Having expiry on tokens just wouldn't work, the only way to do it would be to limit stuff to one per person.

There is lotteries I suggested that a while ago but nothing was ever done.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

But at the moment Happy Hour is too sporadic to really make a difference. I believe it's already one per person, otherwise you could literally buy out the shop single-handedly with your fat wad.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Just a note, if you go onto page 2 on the shop then whatever tab you were on it goes to the icons page 2 only

The furni items are fab I'm def gonna take advantage of a couple trying not to bankrupt hx for my own desires though lmao so for me the best thing is "upload new emote" am gonna flood the forum with bees
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    Happy hour daily would be pointless and if people genuinely were going after tokens they'd hold off posting outside that time.

Having expiry on tokens just wouldn't work, the only way to do it would be to limit stuff to one per person.

There is lotteries I suggested that a while ago but nothing was ever done.
    Could you tell me what sort of lottery like how it would work or do you mean the one Chris started before he resigned? The free habboxforum lottery that Chris started, I've had a few requests for that to return which I can do! Is this what you meant or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    But at the moment Happy Hour is too sporadic to really make a difference. I believe it's already one per person, otherwise you could literally buy out the shop single-handedly with your fat wad.
    Yeah Happy hour was more to kick start what I'm trying to do and that's to actually get people to post around and actually have something to post around for before I think it was more to post because its a forum that's what it's there for but I really wanted to change that and hopefully the happy hour(s) have kick started people wanting to post more but there is a lot more to come!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Just a note, if you go onto page 2 on the shop then whatever tab you were on it goes to the icons page 2 only

The furni items are fab I'm def gonna take advantage of a couple trying not to bankrupt hx for my own desires though lmao so for me the best thing is "upload new emote" am gonna flood the forum with bees
    I think if we did limit it per user then perhaps that would be the way to go like I said the giving people a time limit on their tokens was just an idea and it was just mentioned between Myself and Laura during a discussion so it was never, yeah we're gonna do it at all we wanted to make sure that we're doing what's best for the community rather than taking away from users that have actually posted around a lot and earned the tokens they have.

Keep the suggestions coming guys

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by despect View Post
    Could you tell me what sort of lottery like how it would work or do you mean the one Chris started before he resigned? The free habboxforum lottery that Chris started, I've had a few requests for that to return which I can do! Is this what you meant or something else?
    I was thinking something like this: Say you had four Dragon Eggs for sale, you could instead keep one aside and include it in a sort of raffle, where users can purchase a ticket for 200 tokens or so. Leave it up for a week or whatever, then wack on a random number generator and award the Dragon Egg to the corresponding ticket. It doesn't have to be a Dragon Egg — just something half decent. It'll at least give new users a chance at something valuable. Also, I am not sure how plugged the forum shop is on actual Habbo, but it should be advertised during events and stuff in order to bring in members. The general populace doesn't seem entirely aware of it at the moment.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    I was thinking something like this: Say you had four Dragon Eggs for sale, you could instead keep one aside and include it in a sort of raffle, where users can purchase a ticket for 200 tokens or so. Leave it up for a week or whatever, then wack on a random number generator and award the Dragon Egg to the corresponding ticket. It doesn't have to be a Dragon Egg — just something half decent. It'll at least give new users a chance at something valuable. Also, I am not sure how plugged the forum shop is on actual Habbo, but it should be advertised during events and stuff in order to bring in members. The general populace doesn't seem entirely aware of it at the moment.
    Advertisememt I agree I've been advertising it in giveaways. I do have an arcade LTD that i'll use for an arcade competition. I think I could leave more aside for raffle/lottery etc. Thanks

Tokens
    Habbo
    Josh9507

Latest Awards:

pre haps maybie a forum newbie shop for new users so they get a discount and a taste of rewards for a bit

Conor is offline The Santa of Habbox
    HabboxLive Guest DJ (Conor)
    Guest Events Organiser
    HabboxWiki Staff
    Competitions Staff

Tokens
    Habbo
    FUNISMYME

Latest Awards:

Maybe making it easier to get to the shop from a thread or whatever, at the moment, you got to click community then shop... For some peoples that's too much, maybe try making a new tab or whatever... Something easier to get to the shop? @despect;

Conor
    FUNISMYME on Habbo

Guest HabboxLive DJ & Guest Event Host & HabboxWiki Staff & Competitions Staff

Previously one of the longest running HabboxLive Senior DJ, Ex Event Host, Ex Competition Staff, Ex Article Writer, Ex Help Desk Staff

See something on the Wiki that needs updating? Feel free to PM me info and I'll get it sorted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast