HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Habbox Events

Tokens
    Habbo
    mdport.

Latest Awards:

Hosts seem to promote things like "20c prize if room gets to 60 people". That's something we could try more of (not sure if Hx hosts do much of that??)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zitrone

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Hosts seem to promote things like "20c prize if room gets to 60 people". That's something we could try more of (not sure if Hx hosts do much of that??)
    I did it the other day in H or L and room pop shot up

Tokens
    Habbo
    mdport.

Latest Awards:

yeah i've seen it work many times. It's just something small that's known to get new users and events more popular

Tokens
    Habbo
    The-Quiet-One

Latest Awards:

I think the better prize if the room fills up is a good idea because that'll push the room up and put the Habbox name out there, not so sure about better prizes for members over non-members though. While it will get people to join the forum, it doesn't always mean they'll stick around. I've gone to events where they've said if you sign up to the forum, you can get this prize instead but then I've never gone back to the forum afterwards but it's a nice idea to leave it down to each host to decide if they do that, and maybe not everyone will be a bad as me and will stick around on the forum afterwards.
    thanks lucpix for the cute sig xo
    twitter / blog

Tokens
    Habbo
    effurt

Latest Awards:

It's all about revival. Do a few games with high prizes and you'll be dragging them in. There is evident quality in the events being hosted. It's just quantity. People would be more willing to join a fansite with good numbers in attendance as it's very demotivating if you're a host who can't get people to play your game.

Tokens
    Habbo
    mdport.

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I think the better prize if the room fills up is a good idea because that'll push the room up and put the Habbox name out there, not so sure about better prizes for members over non-members though. While it will get people to join the forum, it doesn't always mean they'll stick around. I've gone to events where they've said if you sign up to the forum, you can get this prize instead but then I've never gone back to the forum afterwards but it's a nice idea to leave it down to each host to decide if they do that, and maybe not everyone will be a bad as me and will stick around on the forum afterwards.
    I mean I think anything that generates new forum members is better than nothing at this point. A small percentage may stay on and be very active. At the moment, there's no incentive to sign up to the forum, and if by giving them a higher prize (and including bonuses during HxSS and other tournaments) gets them to sign up then its a win. Once we start getting more forum members signed up then the forum department can work on trying to keep them active and giving them reasons to want to stay.

The magical concept that is called inter-departmental/team effort! So crazy.
    Last edited by Matt; 04-07-2017 at 12:14 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zitrone

Latest Awards:

Personally, I don't do the better prizes for members over non-members because with Habbox Forum it takes too long to find if someone is a member and then too long to explain to someone how to sign up. Some ppl sign up to wrong site (Habbox.com instead of forum) and it just remains an inactive account!

I've actually had praise in my events that Habbox doesn't do this
    Like Charlie Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

It does slow things down unless you already know they 100% do or don't have an account, and realistically there's nothing stopping someone from looking at the user list here and saying that's them for an extra cred

For the X prize at Y pop thing, I'm perfectly happy for that to happen as long as people don't do a Ripieno with it and make it a 30 capped room then say gb at 40 pop while we want the events and numbers up we also want to carry on being a site that doesn't scam and cause problems
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +
    Like Charlie Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

I'm not really a fan of giving more to forum users because it just doesn't seem fair. Like I understand that other fansites use it to get people to sign up but are people actually going to signup for an extra few credits? Like it's all good getting people to sign up but will they actually post, isn't that the whole reason behind getting people to sign up?

I hope now that events department have shot up in staff numbers that people will be hosting a lot more especially since hxss is coming up!

Tokens
    Habbo
    The-Quiet-One

Latest Awards:

Would it be possible to offer forum rewards, instead of credits if they didn't want them? If we say they could have credits, or forum vip/tokens, they might prefer that which could give us new users especially if they know that tokens can be used to buy rares, etc. I guess the issue then, similar to better prize for members, is that you might have to explain what vip/tokens is and that could be time wasted.
    thanks lucpix for the cute sig xo
    twitter / blog

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast