HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Habbox Events

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zitrone

Latest Awards:

Default Habbox Events

Now that it's summer I have time to waste on Habbo(x) but unfortunately there is no events to play! This has been a problem for a while now and if Habbox is ever going to become relevant again, success with events on the game is key to regrowth!

These are the events that are VERY popular for other fansites and Habbox should also host on a regular basis - feel free to suggest more!

- Danger Zone. VERY popular and has a very good following - often see many familiar faces at various fansite Danger Zones
    - Danger Pod.
    - (Banzai) Bank Game.
    - Heaven or Hell - quite boring imo but seems very popular!
    - Majority Rules
    - The Dictator
    - The Mole
    - Attack
    - Fridge Game
    - Grocery List
    - Races (e.g. flower cart race, fridge race)
    - Balloon Game

As you can see a lot of these events have unlimited amount of players and are wired events - more people playing, longer ppl stick around, more promo!

- Habbox should also come up with a few "unique" events that other fansites don't host. E.g. Expling is making a Base Wars, which, even though isn't a new game invented by Habbox no other fansite hosts it! HabboCreate hosts 'Hole in the Wall' quite often and it's always popular but always in the same room and always gd fun!

- As the events timetable is nearly always empty, when booking events it should try to be done so the events are right next to eachother so that players can go through a tele into the next game instead of having to search for it or just going to a different fansite. If nothing is booked for next hour and there is staff or trusted users about then just ask them to host in a pre-made room and drop a tele to next event.

- Also, have a quick glance at what other fansites are hosting during the hour you want to host... it's more beneficial to host different events than both hosting Danger Zone at the same time! For example yesterday after HBC finished Danger Zone the Habbox one filled up immediately!

- As I mentioned above, for now at least when there are no event staff, it may be a good idea to just let casual Habboxers host events in managements event rooms rather than becoming event staff and goign through an app. Yesterday I hosted for like 3 hours and it went well and I'm not even events staff! If the timetable is empty people shouldn't need to worry about waiting for it to be approved - just host it and add the event at a later time.

Other small things
    - AFK seats, just to keep maximum people in the room
    - LARGE EVENT ROOMS WITH NO LINES UNLESS NECESSARY - can be underwhelming to see small event rooms (e.g. when like 30 people went through tele to telephrase from danger zone yday hardly many stayed - room was tiny compared to DZ)
    - Boppers so you can tele people out of games instead of kicking (keep this away from other ppl so trolls like me can't block it)
    - For HxL maybe it would be nice to have a DJ area in event rooms to highlight the fact there is a radio to tune in - was hard to see what @Gina; was saying during Danger Zone because it was so busy
    - Most people are online in the evenings (UK time) so that would be a good time for now to host lots of events in a row
    - Prize should be 3c minimum.... maybe 2c.......but 3c is better
    - Try to get new event staff to bring their friends with them to join too
    - Ban unpopular events during busy hours/inbetween busy events unless no one is hosting absolutely anything
    - Let people host at any time if there is no event on rather than at the start of the hour
    - Room names really don't need the time in them, [Habbox] Event Name is fine (put things like ffccgiveawayfridge at the end if space and make use of room tags)
    - Wired messages for promo for all aspects of site
    - And lastly if Habbox events is to be a success it requires a community effort - even if you hate events just go to them and watch and tune in and if you're bored instead of staring at yourself in HxHD host an event in yours or someone elses room
    Last edited by lemons; 24-06-2017 at 11:03 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yuxin

Latest Awards:

+rep

i agree with all the popular events !!!! i think habbox revive 2k17 needs 2 happen
    im happy to get some credits n give to legend habboxers if they wana host like cait leah rosie jord etc and any ppl who are trusted ! just lemme kno n ill hook u up with creddies @Lewis; saidabout a nice event room up for ppl to use and can set up a nice wired event in ?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    +rep

i agree with all the popular events !!!! i think habbox revive 2k17 needs 2 happen
    im happy to get some credits n give to legend habboxers if they wana host like cait leah rosie jord etc and any ppl who are trusted ! just lemme kno n ill hook u up with creddies @Lewis; saidabout a nice event room up for ppl to use and can set up a nice wired event in ?
    I am certainly one of procrastination and delay... my offer was more of a room just for someone to use, but maybe if I have time I can try and make a wired game in it at some point.
    The day I get to 200 in Ping Pong II is the day my life is complete.
    Like Absently, lemons Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yuxin

Latest Awards:

mayb do a lil mini hxss but for staff ??:? instead of points for playig/winning events just do it all for hosting shit lmfao get ppl in on it so we can try n attract new ppl and maybe get ppl to sign up as staff

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    I am certainly one of procrastination and delay... my offer was more of a room just for someone to use, but maybe if I have time I can try and make a wired game in it at some point.
    lool yes only issue is like the room title but if we just decided on a game then as long as u just changed that title and gave rr we can like make it in the room so you dont have to do anything if thats good with u!
    Like Absently, lemons Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Absently

Latest Awards:

On my phone so going to try reply as best as I can!
    Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    Now that it's summer I have time to waste on Habbo(x) but unfortunately there is no events to play! This has been a problem for a while now and if Habbox is ever going to become relevant again, success with events on the game is key to regrowth!

These are the events that are VERY popular for other fansites and Habbox should also host on a regular basis - feel free to suggest more!

- Danger Zone. VERY popular and has a very good following - often see many familiar faces at various fansite Danger Zones
    - Danger Pod.
    - (Banzai) Bank Game.
    - Heaven or Hell - quite boring imo but seems very popular!
    - Majority Rules
    - The Dictator
    - The Mole
    - Attack
    - Fridge Game
    - Grocery List
    - Races (e.g. flower cart race, fridge race)
    - Balloon Game

As you can see a lot of these events have unlimited amount of players and are wired events - more people playing, longer ppl stick around, more promo!

- Habbox should also come up with a few "unique" events that other fansites don't host. E.g. Expling is making a Base Wars, which, even though isn't a new game invented by Habbox no other fansite hosts it! HabboCreate hosts 'Hole in the Wall' quite often and it's always popular but always in the same room and always gd fun!

- As the events timetable is nearly always empty, when booking events it should try to be done so the events are right next to eachother so that players can go through a tele into the next game instead of having to search for it or just going to a different fansite. If nothing is booked for next hour and there is staff or trusted users about then just ask them to host in a pre-made room and drop a tele to next event.

- Also, have a quick glance at what other fansites are hosting during the hour you want to host... it's more beneficial to host different events than both hosting Danger Zone at the same time! For example yesterday after HBC finished Danger Zone the Habbox one filled up immediately!

- As I mentioned above, for now at least when there are no event staff, it may be a good idea to just let casual Habboxers host events in managements event rooms rather than becoming event staff and goign through an app. Yesterday I hosted for like 3 hours and it went well and I'm not even events staff! If the timetable is empty people shouldn't need to worry about waiting for it to be approved - just host it and add the event at a later time.

Other small things
    - AFK seats, just to keep maximum people in the room
    - LARGE EVENT ROOMS WITH NO LINES UNLESS NECESSARY - can be underwhelming to see small event rooms (e.g. when like 30 people went through tele to telephrase from danger zone yday hardly many stayed - room was tiny compared to DZ)
    - Boppers so you can tele people out of games instead of kicking (keep this away from other ppl so trolls like me can't block it)
    - For HxL maybe it would be nice to have a DJ area in event rooms to highlight the fact there is a radio to tune in - was hard to see what @Gina; was saying during Danger Zone because it was so busy
    - Most people are online in the evenings (UK time) so that would be a good time for now to host lots of events in a row
    - Prize should be 3c minimum.... maybe 2c.......but 3c is better
    - Try to get new event staff to bring their friends with them to join too
    - Ban unpopular events during busy hours/inbetween busy events unless no one is hosting absolutely anything
    - Let people host at any time if there is no event on rather than at the start of the hour
    - Room names really don't need the time in them, [Habbox] Event Name is fine (put things like ffccgiveawayfridge at the end if space and make use of room tags)
    - Wired messages for promo for all aspects of site
    - And lastly if Habbox events is to be a success it requires a community effort - even if you hate events just go to them and watch and tune in and if you're bored instead of staring at yourself in HxHD host an event in yours or someone elses room
    we've been trying to host the games that people want, most of those on list anyway! Some of those games I'm not sure on how to host so if anybody could give quick explanations I'm more than happy to set rooms up for those specific events
    @Plebings; is really good at coming up with unique idea events - something for him if he has some time??

Yeah definitely been following just book events afterwards or just ask someone to pop it on the table as lots have access to the panel!! I think a pull away from making cnbs (and if we can get them automated to keep people in the know on the forum about what's on), I think cnbs for bigger scale events such as weekly events!!

I don't really agree with the big/small events areas as I think certain events need smaller areas such as telephrase, I think instead we go for evenings we do bigger scale events in bigger events rooms and keep following that you should try to host those and keep smaller events to earlier in the evening if possible. I think it can be underwhelming when you have a massive events room that doesn't have many players each round as in the end it looks really dead and makes people leave!!

Boppers and afk is very easy to set up so if anyone needs help, let me know and I'll set it up in your rooms!!

I do like idea of cute little area for DJS gonna set one up in my room a little area by itself!!

Yeah some times it's very off putting if I come online and want to host but nobody is around, it's so important to have a few users to populate your room to make others come!!!

Id also like to say (I hope tom doesn't mind) but when it comes to being an events host right now it's not very strict with minimums (as we can't be when we have such little staff), if anyone please would like to join the team (such as the people who have been hosting for us over the past few days). I think the appearance of a fuller team on our staff lists makes it much more appealing rather than when you look at see 3 events host. As others have mentioned some of us are more than happy to help with prizes for a bit, myself included!!
    If you have any unique ideas that would be great!!! I'd really appreciate it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    mayb do a lil mini hxss but for staff ??:? instead of points for playig/winning events just do it all for hosting shit lmfao get ppl in on it so we can try n attract new ppl and maybe get ppl to sign up as staff

- - - Updated - - -

lool yes only issue is like the room title but if we just decided on a game then as long as u just changed that title and gave rr we can like make it in the room so you dont have to do anything if thats good with u!
    I think this would be quite a nice idea once we get like a basis of staff in the team and then do that to appeal!! Tom also has a great rewards scheme ATM for anyone who wants to join!!!

If anyone would like to join please just message me or tom and we will sort you out straight away!! We have plenty of events rooms set up so you don't have to worry about sorting a room!! PLS JOIN PPL we need u for habbox revival!!
    Like lemons Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Woopwoop been a long while since we've had a good feedback thread it really is useful stuff, fab

This is def something I think is important, personally prefer hosting things like that rather than a game where only 5-10 people get to play in the whole hour, and yeah all the while someone's in the game it's time that they're helping to promote the room even more so allllll good

- Habbox should also come up with a few "unique" events that other fansites don't host.
    Easier said than done lmao but it does sometimes help to have something unique - problem is that a lot of people are quite frankly too lazy to learn how a new game works. Even hosting an old game with a new name seems to confuse people

when there are no event staff, it may be a good idea to just let casual Habboxers host events in managements event rooms rather than becoming event staff and goign through an app.
    I'm happy to do this (with people I can trust to have rights obv ) and it is a good way to get people hooked on hosting and hopefully then joining up as regulars. Finding people to host is always an issue so would be glad to have people chip in

Let people host at any time if there is no event on rather than at the start of the hour
    I think this is actually probably more important than it sounds tbh as it reduces wasted time and means that people aren't put off by having to wait around an extra half hour or whatever after deciding they want to host. The panel we currently have is quite offputting in that sense as it's verrryy limited but again I'm quite happy to go for this

More hosting rooms would be great, mine are generally free to use (obv will need to be online to give rights but that's all) but the more the better, variety is always fab

Quote Originally Posted by Absently View Post
    Yeah definitely been following just book events afterwards or just ask someone to pop it on the table as lots have access to the panel!! I think a pull away from making cnbs (and if we can get them automated to keep people in the know on the forum about what's on), I think cnbs for bigger scale events such as weekly events!!
    Been thinking a lot about automated cnbs lately, I think it would probably require an overhaul of the current panel - potentially a change to a WordPress type thing like we have for articles as that's easy to link in to the forum and Twitter, just have to think of a good way to make it work easily without messing anything else up lol

Id also like to say (I hope tom doesn't mind) but when it comes to being an events host right now it's not very strict with minimums (as we can't be when we have such little staff), if anyone please would like to join the team (such as the people who have been hosting for us over the past few days). I think the appearance of a fuller team on our staff lists makes it much more appealing rather than when you look at see 3 events host.
    Yeah minimum atm is literally just 1 hour a week and even that gets let go half the time because I don't want an empty teamsheet. Aside from looking better it definitely feels more fun when there's a proper group going and people can bounce off each other

All in alllllllllllllllll what makes the biggest difference is definitely the community getting involved! We can't host if there's no-one to host for, and having a good base of people right from the start makes things a million times easier so the fun can get going. Am setting up a DZ lit right this minute and this coming week I don't have that much irl work going on so can get into some more building and hosting woopwoop
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yuxin

Latest Awards:

look at hffm timetable **** hell

dsome event ideas at least

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

They do have 40 staff + management hosting but still good effort, still comes out at about 3 or 4 a week each which would be lovely
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    Absently

Latest Awards:

WE CAN DO IT PEEPS!
    Like Charlie Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I don't really agree with the big/small events areas as I think certain events need smaller areas such as telephrase, I think instead we go for evenings we do bigger scale events in bigger events rooms and keep following that you should try to host those and keep smaller events to earlier in the evening if possible. I think it can be underwhelming when you have a massive events room that doesn't have many players each round as in the end it looks really dead and makes people leave!!
    I'll reply more in depth soon, but this bit caught my eye! I don't really agree with having smaller events hosted in say late afternoon/early evening - it's currently summer break for US students and the time in Washington (just an example) right now is 13:12, prime time to host say a bigger event as they may all be online. I know where you're coming from though and I agree it can be a bit disheartening if you don't get a full event room, but I think just hosting any event is better than classing 1 event as big and 1 event as small.

For me, I prefer hosting things such as Telephrase, Trivia etc. as opposed to Heaven and Hell, Danger pod etc. as I find them more fun, and when I hosted I would usually do it later on at night and they'd still get full. I know the times might have changed, but I think trying to host in peak times for more countries (such as now until say 10-11pm) could potentially work, it's just getting people to host!

Also, to bulk out the calendar more, I would try and create an automatic game, that way potential players known they can always go somewhere when an event isn't on. Like your maze for example (if you still have it) Kelly, you could advertise it more and offer random prizes for those completing it, likewise with a proper automatic event, add a leaderboard and see what happens!

HxSS is coming up in less than 2 months, and at the moment I don't think it will be that amazing judging by the lack of staff and motivation there currently is at Habbox.

Also, honestly I don't feel like there is much of a 'community' at Habbox right now. A community needs leadership and some of those that are meant to be community leaders and actually try and gain more members and regain an active community and pretty much done little to nothing for so long and it feels like Habbox is in a state of disrepair. I won't single anyone out with this as it's definitely not just one person, but it just seems that people don't really give a shit and just do enough to get by without any repercussions. The reality is the repercussions are a fansite that was once so popular has died down so much! This could potentially be turned round, but it's going to take a lot of hard work, time and effort.
    Last edited by Samantha; 25-06-2017 at 05:23 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast