HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
    I'm not interested in joining, but I am interested in the bigger picture of it. For example, recruiting people is great, but what is happening to make them stay? Speaking as a staff member for years, I've noticed since I returned (in November last year I think) there's nothing really to make any new staff members stay - the thought of just wanting to volunteer for a quiet fansite isn't enough for some people, you only have to look at the staff list where most have logged in once and haven't come back on to see what I mean. Would this fall under your job role Gina, or would that be down to the managers or Assistant General Managers themselves?

This is where a buddy system of some sort would be awesome.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

This is all good ideas and that but Habbox still has the problem it has had for many years, it's no longer an attractive website compared to the other major fansites out there that get more regular development updates then Habbox has had it's in entire life. Although I doubt this will ever change so kudos for everyone who still works and tries to make this fansite going and attracting new staff members and normal members.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator
    Like David, joshuar Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zitrone

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    This is all good ideas and that but Habbox still has the problem it has had for many years, it's no longer an attractive website compared to the other major fansites out there that get more regular development updates then Habbox has had it's in entire life. Although I doubt this will ever change so kudos for everyone who still works and tries to make this fansite going and attracting new staff members and normal members.
    completely agree would be great if you had been in charge for the last few years to oversee this!

oh wait. . .

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    completely agree would be great if you had been in charge for the last few years to oversee this!

oh wait. . .
    I didn't target any current management or staff regarding what I posted, so no need to target me. I was fully aware of the issue but sadly the people that have been in charge to do such development work have often failed us. They have decided to go AWOL or **** off and left whatever they did do a complete mess for others to pick up on.

It needs someone/a team with a lot of time to be able to pull this one out of the bag - No idea if money would even help. But even if money did help that should come from the very top.

Don't get me wrong, I think the idea of what has been posted is great and I really hope it does help Habbox. But at the same time you need things for them to stay with Habbox rather than ditching to other fansites. That's all I was saying, was not blaming the staff.
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 28-06-2017 at 12:48 PM.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zitrone

Latest Awards:

I didn't target any current management or staff regarding what I posted, so no need to target me. I was fully aware of the issue but sadly the people that have been in charge to do such development work have often failed us. They have decided to go AWOL or **** off and left whatever they did do a complete mess for others to pick up on.

It needs someone/a team with a lot of time to be able to pull this one out of the bag - No idea if money would even help. But even if money did help that should come from the very top.
    fine but what's the point in pointing out problems everyone already knows! a bad looking website (which isn't THAT bad but does need to be better) doesn't excuse lack of habbo events and other habbo presense which is the main issue and is what this thread is all about recruitment and good ideas welcome not pointing out the obvious and pessimism, there's been enough of that for the time being

in the past few days there has a lot of events in comparison to recent months and many people, both habboxers and non-habboxers have said they are surprised and glad to see habbox being more active on habbo (sometimes in a sarcastic way but still good news!)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Expling

Latest Awards:

Just for the record - our efforts do not come unnoticed! Even those who decided to not join our forum/join the team are still extremely supportive and thankful:

I have to say I was very pleased to hear that our hard work is paying off

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

fine but what's the point in pointing out problems everyone already knows! a bad looking website (which isn't THAT bad but does need to be better) doesn't excuse lack of habbo events and other habbo presense which is the main issue and is what this thread is all about recruitment and good ideas welcome not pointing out the obvious and pessimism, there's been enough of that for the time being

in the past few days there has a lot of events in comparison to recent months and many people, both habboxers and non-habboxers have said they are surprised and glad to see habbox being more active on habbo (sometimes in a sarcastic way but still good news!)
    Because we should be pointing out all of the problems surely? If you want Habbox to succeed and stay open as an active fansite then all the problems should be highlighted to see what can be done. I'm aware this thread is about recruitment, increasing our presence on the hotel. But at the same time you want them to stay at Habbox as well and not just during the summer holiday.

You have to start thinking like: Why would people want to stay if the site is broken, out of date etc etc. Then fix those issues but unfortunately this side of it is a lot easier to say than it is for any of that to get resolved.

I do hope to be proven wrong - Because I'm sure you would agree with me it would be a shame to see this place go down even further.
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 28-06-2017 at 12:58 PM.

Previous Habbox Roles

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zitrone

Latest Awards:

Because we should be pointing out all of the problems surely? If you want Habbox to succeed and stay open as an active fansite then all the problems should be highlighted to see what can be done. I'm aware this thread is about recruitment, increasing our presence on the hotel. But at the same time you want them to stay at Habbox as well and not just during the summer holiday.

You have to start thinking like: Why would people want to stay if the site is broken, out of date etc etc. Then fix those issues but unfortunately this side of it is a lot easier to say than it is for any of that to get resolved.

I do hope to be proven wrong - Because I'm sure you would agree with me it would be a shame to see this place go down even further.
    The problems you raised have already been pointed out several times and I'm sure AGMs are doing as much as they can to fix

Even if people are only sticking around during the summer hols (like me) having the summer support is better than nothign more than enough people are active during term time - I rly dont think this is a big issue

Features may be what draw people to fansites but its a community that makes people stay @Elegance; 2017)
    Like Elegance Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

The problems you raised have already been pointed out several times and I'm sure AGMs are doing as much as they can to fix

Even if people are only sticking around during the summer hols (like me) having the summer support is better than nothign more than enough people are active during term time - I rly dont think this is a big issue

Features may be what draw people to fansites but its a community that makes people stay @Elegance; 2017)
    Then I apologise for posting an issue that has been posted various times over the years - Same as events but hey ho. It's not like I'm the only person who thinks this anyway.

I hope to be proven wrong and that the community on the forum and hotel gets a good boost from the recent suggestions.
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 28-06-2017 at 01:09 PM.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Like lemons Liked

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

I have offered to put money towards a new website/forum design - my offer still stands.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast