HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Thread: #Canada150

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default #Canada150

Canada celebrates its 150th Birthday

The Dominion of Canada today marks 150 years since the Confederation of the British North American Colonies

Canadian Houses of Parliament lit up in the Canadian flag

Royal Proclamation in 1867 by Queen Victoria resulting in the birth of Canada as a country

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian History
    In 1867 the original British colonies of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Canada and Quebec united to form a confederation called the Dominion of Canada. These were later joined by Manitoba, the Northwest Territories, British Columbia, Prince Edward Island and finally Newfoundland in 1949 to form the Dominion of Canada we know today.

Canada remained a full British colony until the Statue of Westminster (1931) was passed giving Canada and the others Dominions of Australia, New Zealand, the Irish Free State, Newfoundland and South Africa legislative independence. It was only a few decades ago with the passing of the Canada Act (1982) that Canada was granted full independence by Britain, patriating full responsibility for the Canadian constitution to Canada.

Today Canada remains a Dominion and is headed by the Canadian monarch, Queen Elizabeth II which is the lasting constitutional and legal link between Canada and Britain. The Queen is represented in Canada by the Governor-General of Canada, currently David Johnston. The Prime Minister of Canada is Justin Trudeau.
    Happy Birthday 150th Birthday Canada!

Actually remarkable to think how young many countries are compared to ourselves. One great imperial family - like most other Britons I have family I know of in Canada and Australia and you probably do too. We've fought and died side by side across the world.

I've got my Canadian Ensign up on the flagpole to mark it.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 01-07-2017 at 12:18 AM.

Like Juves Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Juves

Latest Awards:

Happy Canada day to all the Canadians! Love you all! x

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

My flag up today -

The Royal Visit has continued on today with Prince Charles receiving the Order of Canada from the Governor-General.