HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Artpops

Latest Awards:

Default Post-movie depression... need help ASAP... I'm desperate, please hear me out.

Approximately 72 hours ago I watched a film which sent me into post-movie depression. One reason was probably because I could relate to the main character of this film so much - the traumas, the pain, the general character; so it took me back to a place of my own traumas, ones which I have long overcome. Ever since watching the film I've slipped into a post-movie depression, and I'm afraid it's never going to go away. I feel as it the film had definitely "triggered" me at a certain level which caused me to react so intensely - mind you, I am not a neurotic person by any means and have great emotional tolerance, but this film hit all of my weak points. It was generally depressing too (colour scheme, setting) so that didn't help. Please could somebody advise me on what to do? I'm running out of options here, and I'd like to go back to being the strong person I was before but right now I feel so weak.

I also feel as if I can't be a boss b*tch (what I have been for the past forever) and emotionally vulnerable and in love with this movie as I am right now. I have to choose one or the other. All I'm going to take from this is that I absolutely adore the film and love it, and will forever hold it close to my heart.

P.S. please do not ask for the film because essentially it's a depiction of things I have been through (to a certain extent), and I don't want everyone here knowing them.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

well i've never heard of depression from a film but there's only one way to snap out of feeling sad and thats to occupy yourself.

go for a walk or ride your bike

Tokens

Latest Awards:

watch an even more depressing film then you won't be depressed about what happened in the prev film

Tokens
    Habbo
    The-Quiet-One

Latest Awards:

Alternatively, watch a happy film to distract yourself from that film.
    thanks lucpix for the cute sig xo
    twitter / blog

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I also have one such movie that really shook me. I watch it every year, and think about it often. I even have a tattoo of a piece of iconography from the movie. Film is an art form and I don't think it's shocking to be affected on such a deep level. I recommend watching a more up-beat film, but not a straight up comedy — rather something with heart and soul. If you want to take your mind away from this movie and its themes, then you should watch something which will make you ponder other things, but which isn't too bleak. I recommend something along the lines of Hunt for the Wilderpeople. I think Sing Street also does a very good job of displaying joyous moments alongside calamity.