HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    BouseReece

Latest Awards:

Default Public Sector Pay Cap? Lift or not?

Hello,

I personally have many views related to the Public Sector Pay Cap; but I'm down to hear everyone else's...

What is the Public Sector Pay Cap?
    The public sector pay cap is the government policy which limits annual rises for public sector workers to 1 per cent.
    Teachers, nurses, police officers, firefighters, prison officers and judges are among those affected by the pay cap.
    Why is it such a big epidemic?
    In my own words, I think this is huge because that the public sector clearly isn't funded enough... Teachers, Doctors/Nurses, Surgeons, Firefighters, Police Officers are not getting the pay that they really should be / have been.
    The NHS and schools have reported problems of recruitment and retention in their sectors due to the cap.
    A public sector pay rise would boost the earnings of 5.1 million workers, according to the Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS).
    The IFS estimates that every 1 per cent increase in public sector pay would cost between £1.5 billion and £2 billion a year.
    Basically, If we got rid of it, 5.1 million workers would get a better pay...

Chancellor Philip Hammond has insisted that
    the only way to fund extra spending is by putting up taxes, increasing productivity to boost growth or increasing borrowing.
    All evidence can be found on the following website;
    Code:
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/824202/public-sector-pay-cap-what-is-policy-wage-freeze-Theresa-May

Let me know what you think below.

Standard Rules Apply- Please CLICK HERE before posting a comment!
    Reece Smith
    HabboxLive Presenter
    Trailist Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    effurt

Latest Awards:

Its such a weird system in the UK. Majority of staff are underpaid, especially in comparison to other countries. The UK generally has a lower standard of income than the likes of their EU neighbours. For example in Ireland, teachers are paid an additional €13 an hour than the UK and Nurses are paid an additional €6 an hour. Jobs are that underpaid, people remain on benefits which leads to high levels of social problems. Like, why go do a degree and get crap pay? I feel like the goverment need to come up with a pay strategy for the public sector to regain interest !

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Government needs to shrink the public sector in this country so a good method could be that of those state sector jobs that go, the pay from them is shared out among the rest (teachers, nurses etc) incentivising shrinkage of the state payroll.