HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    nat965

Latest Awards:

Default Do you watch movies more than you watch tv shows?

Do you watch movies more than you watch tv shows?

Or do you watch tv shows more?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Absolutely. I have watched precisely 116 movies this year so far. Safe to say I'm a fanatic. I only watch a handful of TV shows.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Sloths

Latest Awards:

I definitely watch tv shows more. Easier to fit in one or two episodes a night instead of choosing a movie and finding out it's actually almost 3 hours long and falling asleep. Why are some movies so long nowadays?

Tokens
    Habbo
    nat965

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sloths View Post
    I definitely watch tv shows more. Easier to fit in one or two episodes a night instead of choosing a movie and finding out it's actually almost 3 hours long and falling asleep. Why are some movies so long nowadays?
    ikr its ridiculous hey!

TV shows most definitely since they are shorter, easier to put in the background as well, can't really do that with an entire movie.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sloths View Post
    Why are some movies so long nowadays?
    The same reason some TV shows span multiple seasons. To tell a coherent, competent and fulfilling story. Granted, some features do take the biscuit (a lot of recent Hollywood movies cram in so much unnecessary waffle), but movies have far less time to establish, develop and conclude than the average TV show. Not everything needs to have a snappy pace. I also find movies are more often concerned with tone and inclined to include interludes or moments of respite over TV shows, which sometimes hurriedly rush from scene to scene.

Also, the internet is this neat thing these days. It'll provide you with hundreds of films only as long as a standard TV special.

Quote Originally Posted by nat965 View Post
    ikr its ridiculous hey!

TV shows most definitely since they are shorter, easier to put in the background as well, can't really do that with an entire movie.
    It puzzles me when the same people who seemingly watch hundreds of hours of television don't have the attention span for longer movies. You can always pause a film and come back to it. TV shows are no more than a plot in parts.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Sloths

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    The same reason some TV shows span multiple seasons. To tell a coherent, competent and fulfilling story. Granted, some features do take the biscuit (a lot of recent Hollywood movies cram in so much unnecessary waffle), but movies have far less time to establish, develop and conclude than the average TV show. Not everything needs to have a snappy pace. I also find movies are more often concerned with tone and inclined to include interludes or moments of respite over TV shows, which sometimes hurriedly rush from scene to scene.

Also, the internet is this neat thing these days. It'll provide you with hundreds of films only as long as a standard TV special.

It puzzles me when the same people who seemingly watch hundreds of hours of television don't have the attention span for longer movies. You can always pause a film and come back to it. TV shows are no more than a plot in parts.

Oh oh don't get me wrong, I love movies I'll happily watch them I just don't get the time to most of the time! I love going to the cinema as I actually focus on the movie instead of getting distracted.

I think the thing I like about TV shows is the pace, while there's usually a long storyline going on each episode tends to have a fast paced smaller story that intergrates into it. Some movies either miss things out as they don't want to be 5 hours long or they cram so much into 3 hours that some parts seem unnecessary. Totally generalising though, there's a lot of shit TV shows and a lot of great movies.

I just personally have the time to watch more TV shows. The movies I tend to want to watch I save for the weekends when I have time to dedicate to them!

Tokens
    Habbo
    The-Quiet-One

Latest Awards:

This year, it's been TV shows I've watched more. I do love movies and there is plenty waiting to be watched that I've been putting off, it just feels easier to get into a TV show and binge watch that for a bit then get into a movie as I'm easily distracted unless I'm really into the movie.
    thanks lucpix for the cute sig xo
    twitter / blog

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Definitely not, I rarely watch TV to be honest! There's just a couple of shows I religiously watch.

Tokens
    Habbo
    MONEYMAGIC

Latest Awards:

I used to love watching movies but recently I've been watching a lot more TV shows. In fact I can't remember when I last watched a movie! Just finished The Leftovers

Tokens

I don't really watch any TV series, the only one I've ever watched from start to finish is Breaking Bad. The only time I ever watch movies is if I go to the cinema which I probably do once a month on average so I'd say I watch films more. Not been in ages though, last film I watched was Trainspotting 2 I think

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast