HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: music on demand

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Default music on demand

it kind of works like a graphics request forum's thread but this time, instead, you may request a short song, made using a simple multifaceted synthesizer

just request a theme (anything, anything) and i'll compose a short song for you -- an useless culture that you may keep with yourself and, who knows, use as your primary alarm sound as some people did

demos:

Last edited by LUCPIX; 18-07-2017 at 02:23 AM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm planning a podcast, but the only thing I'm missing is a short of jingle. Would you be able to make something for me? Just a short tune, a couple of seconds long. If possible, I would love something inspired by the shamisen, as my podcast will focus on cinema from the Far East. Let me know if you can work your magic. I will credit you of course!
    Last edited by Neversoft; 30-07-2017 at 08:38 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    I'm planning a podcast, but the only thing I'm missing is a short of jingle. Would you be able to make something for me? Just a short tune, a couple of seconds long. If possible, I would love something inspired by the shamisen, as my podcast will focus on cinema from the Far East. Let me know if you can work your magic. I will credit you of course!

OMG, Neversoft, I have a deep passion for the equivalent of Kotos and Shamisens that I've got on my synth, and I used to play thousands of short compositions using this instrument in particular (not necessarily with a Far East vibe tho), probably because it's one of the few digital instruments which looks "organic" - here; I've uploaded an old song for you - not the one for your Podcast, it's just an example::

Again, as it were made unpretentiously, some parts are quite messed - just the main concept matters
    Last edited by LUCPIX; 31-07-2017 at 12:25 AM.

Like Neversoft Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by LUCPIX View Post
    OMG, Neversoft, I have a deep passion for the equivalent of Kotos and Shamisens that I've got on my synth, and I used to play thousands of short compositions using this instrument in particular (not necessarily with a Far East vibe tho), probably because it's one of the few digital instruments which looks "organic" - here; I've uploaded an old song for you - not the one for your Podcast, it's just an example::

Again, as it were made unpretentiously, some parts are quite messed - just the main concept matters
    Oh, wow! That's exactly the sort of thing I was after. A very oriental vibe. I love the sound of the shamisen. It and similar string instruments are still so little known, but produce some amazing music, especially when combined with other instruments (like this for example).

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

@Neversoft, here are 3 songs I made that might suit your needs - our difficult task, now, is to choose a style from one of these 3 and work on it in a more comprehensive way, afterwards

2 of them uses KOTO as the main instrument
    The KALIMBA one were quickly made, without having too much preoccupation whether it would have the far-east vibe or not, as it's an African instrument

I know that it'll be used as a jingle but... I'm afraid they're extremely short?
    Don't be afraid to complain - as a synthesizer is fully programmable, every single instrument can be changed or fixed without a major effort

Like Neversoft Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

They're prefect, LUCPIX! I like the first and the third ones the best, Kalimba 1 and Koto 1. Thanks so much! I think the length is fine as an opening and closing jingle — it'll be a perfect identifier for a podcast. If it isn't too much to ask, are you also able to create another jingle, just a few seconds long, that can be played between segments to signify the end of one topic and the start of another. I don't have any complaints — they're all great. Thanks again!

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

They're prefect, LUCPIX! I like the first and the third ones the best, Kalimba 1 and Koto 1. Thanks so much! I think the length is fine as an opening and closing jingle — it'll be a perfect identifier for a podcast. If it isn't too much to ask, are you also able to create another jingle, just a few seconds long, that can be played between segments to signify the end of one topic and the start of another. I don't have any complaints — they're all great. Thanks again!
    Need your opinion, for this jingle you've requested last,

After listening to some random recordings of Japan train rides (old little hobby of mine), I found that, maybe, a particular kind of jingle, similar (but not identical) to the ones we usually listen on the transitions between the train stations, sweet and "background-ly", would work well in our this case; But, as it's relative, I want to know if you agree with this, before starting something

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by LUCPIX View Post
    Need your opinion, for this jingle you've requested last,

After listening to some random recordings of Japan train rides (old little hobby of mine), I found that, maybe, a particular kind of jingle, similar (but not identical) to the ones we usually listen on the transitions between the train stations, sweet and "background-ly", would work well in our this case; But, as it's relative, I want to know if you agree with this, before starting something
    Yeah, something like those would be perfect. But I'd love it to be rather short and snappy.

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Yeah, something like those would be perfect. But I'd love it to be rather short and snappy.
    LUCPIX at your service,

I've literally made dozens of compositions and hundreds of takes in order to make them sound right. The ones below seemed to be the more appropriate for our case. Let's see which one(s) we'll choose and, afterwards, how we can enhance them, if necessary. Maybe even discard them all and make new ones. This is fun tbh.

"Calm"

• QUEST M-19
    • MAIN INSTRUMENT - OCARINA
    • Intentionally similar to KALIMBA1 although it's lighter, here

• 間もなく --- MAMONAKU
    • MAIN INSTRUMENT - OCARINA

• MIGUEL-SAN 2
    • MAIN INSTRUMENT - KOTO
    • "Softer" version of MIGUEL-SAN 1
    • Intentionally similar to PATOS ORIENTAIS

"Upbeat"

• THE BLOOM
    • MAIN INSTRUMENT - ORCHESTRAL HARP
    Last edited by LUCPIX; 09-08-2017 at 04:29 AM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Wow, they're all wonderful — it's difficult to pick a favourite! I might just have to alternate and use them all, if that's okay. Thanks so much! Do I need a Soundcloud account in order to download them? Also, if I could ask one last favourite, would you be able to make a three second jingle using either the koto or kalimba?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast