HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sympathy

Tokens
    Habbo
    nat965

Latest Awards:

Default Sympathy

Do you have any sympathy for people who get hacked/compromised?
    Like lawrawrrr Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yes? :S
    Like LUCPIX Liked

cameron446: is offline HabboxWiki Staff
    HabboxLive Senior DJ (Music)
    Rare Values Staff
    Guest Events Organiser

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    cameron446:

Latest Awards:

Yes ?

Tokens
    Habbo
    The-Quiet-One

Latest Awards:

Yeah, it's not right of people to prey on the naive. Since coming back to Habbo, I almost fell for the leader board scam because I didn't know it so it was easy to just assume they were being genuine and that's how it works. People believe others, they'll want the free whatever, they'll trust that the sites people say are legit and that's that.
    thanks lucpix for the cute sig xo
    twitter / blog

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

What's the meaning of sympathy here?? Like, if I come over to someone who has been victim of hacking and say something like "dont you worry,i am here for you"?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

I do but there are some people who are pre-warned many times to not click links or download things etc and still do it so it's something they did that could of been avoided for them to not be hacked then I don't.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Sometimes.

People who get hacked/compromised because they're silly enough to use insecure passwords that are never changed and emails that have been leaked (when there's loads of tools out there to check these things), I don't have a lot of sympathy for, although I do feel bad for them of course.

If it's actually brute force hack or a fansite has been breached or Habbo itself has been breached and that's how the details came out then I have more sympathy as it's not the users' fault, but emails/password combos should NEVER be the same, let alone no pws should be repeated!

A lot of fansites, Habbo and even other sites in general constantly dole out internet security tips so there's so much you can easily do to protect yourself!

This reminds me our account protection page needs updating cheers xxx

Tokens
    Habbo
    .:TaylorSwift:

Latest Awards:

I feel bad when it's the part of Habbo itself becoming hacked and not alerting users that they were. I swear this may have happened and this is why I made my security higher. Otherwise if you just go to a link some random user is spamming for "Coins" Like I see on Habbo.es I don't feel sorry.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Peter1134

Nope, if they got hacked it's probably they didn't secure their account. It's their own responsbility to do such security measures.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    Nope, if they got hacked it's probably they didn't secure their account. It's their own responsbility to do such security measures.
    It's not always their fault though. I remember being hacked, I didn't click any links or do anything wrong. My email for Habbo has always been different to my email for everything else (likewise with the password), but it still happened. Have sympathy for me, they hacked me on Christmas Day too .

In all fairness though it depends how their account got compromised, if it's something out of their control such as being leaked then yes I would sympathise with them. It wasn't their fault and they're not psychic to know that was going to happen. However, if they clicked a link, or for example fell for the "Type your password it comes up as *******" hacking technique then they're the only ones to blame for it. Yeah you'd still sympathise a bit, but at the end of the day it could have been prevented!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast