Quote Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
It's not always their fault though. I remember being hacked, I didn't click any links or do anything wrong. My email for Habbo has always been different to my email for everything else (likewise with the password), but it still happened. Have sympathy for me, they hacked me on Christmas Day too .

In all fairness though it depends how their account got compromised, if it's something out of their control such as being leaked then yes I would sympathise with them. It wasn't their fault and they're not psychic to know that was going to happen. However, if they clicked a link, or for example fell for the "Type your password it comes up as *******" hacking technique then they're the only ones to blame for it. Yeah you'd still sympathise a bit, but at the end of the day it could have been prevented!
For my aspect of countering such things from ever happening; I generate myself 16+ random characters password for every account that I hold is important. And for my primary security accounts, It would have 32 random characters password. This is for extended security to prevent anything from ever happening. If your password is short, it's easy to encrypte into. The longer it is the harder is it.

Oh and who knows, possible Habbo third parties might have data to your info? Depending on how Habbo sells their data and what not.