HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Your favourite lesser-known sports?

In the UK, sports coverage is pretty much dominated by football. Rugby, cricket, and tennis also get a lot of attention, as do certain motorsports, but are there any spots you really adore which barely anybody talks about?

I love table tennis, but it is never shown in the UK outside of the Olympics. I think ITV broadcast the national championships live for the first time ever last year, but it was on ITV4 and what even is ITV4, really. I don't even have that channel. I find this really disappointing, especially considering the UK invented the sport and there's some really great British talent at the moment. I always love the Olympics, because it means I can watch table tennis, along with other sports like badminton and judo, which otherwise get little to no coverage. All these broadcasters harp on about their all-encompassing sports channels which really just include football. With the recent success of the British in the last couple of Olympic Games, I think it has invigorated certain sports and inspired a lot of funding and involvement, but the results only seem to manifest every four years. So many sports featured during the Games have yearly national championships that would surely get a decent viewership. With all the channels and all the crap on TV these days, there really doesn't seem to be much diversity when it comes to sports broadcasting. At least these days sporting bodies are able to upload coverage onto YouTube.

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    With all the channels and all the crap on TV these days, there really doesn't seem to be much diversity when it comes to sports broadcasting.
    Yeah and, sometimes, some TV channels here tend to broadcast highlights of League of Legends's tournaments, for example, and I get, like,

Definitely, some of my favorite not-so-usual sports are the hundreds of different Gymnastics-wise events (especially the FLOOR) which particularly gain attention in the meantime of the Games, just like some of the other sports.. which is good!, but, as a huge fan, I wish they could aim the spotlights to the Gymnastics just as they frequently do to the deplorable and unexciting soccer!

Tokens

Default snooker

I love watching / playing snooker, al be it the UK does snow big tournament, but I think they can show / play. More.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by LUCPIX View Post
    some of my favorite not-so-usual sports are the hundreds of different Gymnastics-wise events
    Oh, absolutely. I love watching gymnastics. The National and British Championships are, as far as I'm aware, shown on TV here in the UK. Speaking of floor events, I really love to watch figure skating, but like with synchronised swimming, it's something which is only sparingly remembered.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Love a bit of competitive tiddlywinks
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    Oh, absolutely. I love watching gymnastics. The National and British Championships are, as far as I'm aware, shown on TV here in the UK. Speaking of floor events, I really love to watch figure skating, but like with synchronised swimming, it's something which is only sparingly remembered.
    Yeah, skating isn't very popular among BR since we're not quite the Winter-type, but it' always beautiful - we kinda feel the anxiety of the gymnasts and it's never boring, considering that every single gymnast bring a different choreography

I love this one - one of our more loved athletes - Daiane - has kept doing her floor routine although something wrong happened to the music player

EDIT: she's won the gold medal
    Last edited by LUCPIX; 27-07-2017 at 05:46 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    nat965

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by understand2 View Post
    I love watching / playing snooker, al be it the UK does snow big tournament, but I think they can show / play. More.
    Pretty much this for me. Fox Sports or Eurosports or Skysports or something here in Australia a few years ago used to show lots of pool and snooker, not anymore, which I find kind of annoying.

Tokens
    Habbo
    .:TaylorSwift:

Latest Awards:

I want to see more of Spartan Triathlons, The One Mile Frozen Swim (People Will swim in -5'F waters), Marathons/Cross Country.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Love playing squash. I can understand why its not on tv much though as its quite hard to televise and watch particularly for people who have not played the game before
    used to fix usertitles n stuff

last +rep: -nick
    rep points: 16361

someboyrafa is offline Help Desk Senior Staff
    Guest Events Organiser

Tokens
    Habbo
    Soosan

Latest Awards:

cant beat a bit of snooker like
    Like cameron446: Liked

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast