HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    BouseReece

Latest Awards:

Default Is the Media Industry Dying (04/08/17)

Monthly Debate - This debate will be open for all month long.
    Apologies for the day late!

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to this Month's, "Monthly Debate". The topic this month is; The Media Industry.
    For those who do not know roughly, what I mean;
    YouTube,
    Radio Broadcasting,
    Newspapers etc...

I've been thinking about this one long and hard and well, I think opening it up to the Forum will be a good idea.

My Reasoning:
    I support this statement, I myself love the Radio and some of my favourite DJ's (Scott Mills, Chris Moyles, Nick Grimshaw and more) have all claimed a decline in their listener statistics... Well, this could because of PODCASTS, but there is no proven statistic on this.

Feel free to post your opinions!

Before you post, please consider reading the rules- they can be found by clicking HERE.

Best Wishes- I look forward to seeing your ideas!

Reece.
    Acting Debates Lead.
    Reece Smith
    HabboxLive Presenter
    Trailist Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

You should stick with previous debates leaders where they provide arguments for both sides of the argument.

Your debate doesn't really give a clear debate/argument, only the thread title does.

Needs more structure.

But on point, it depends what media you're talking about.

Newspapers, Radio etc will be dying obviously, but Youtube, Spotify, Online news will be picking up as people will switch from the 'old media' to 'new media'.

Newspapers for example, less and less people will go to the shop and buy these when you can simply catch up with the news on your phone/tablet/computer and TV.

Radio for example, less and less people will listen to these in favour of their own playlists on Youtube, Spotify, etc. Likewise I'd imagine the Music TV stations will have had a steady decline since Youtube/Spotify/etc become a lot more popular. Also, those who used to listen to radio in their car will typically have USB in their case or again Youtube/Spotify so will listen to them over the classic radio stations.