HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default HM Govt confirms UK *OUT* of Single Market and Customs Union in March 2019

Another victory for eurosceptics this.

Nigel Farage is complaining but I do not see why. The 'transitional' period for a year or two following March 2019 will be time limited and the temporary UK-EU customs union will be a replica whilst border technology is introduced between France-UK and Ireland-UK for future customs processing. Crucially it isn't the EU Customs Union which means we'll be free from the ECJ rulings. It'll be joint, and *temporary*.

If my reading of this all is correct, this essentially means that in March 2019 when we leave the EU we will also leave the Single Market and EU Customs Union at precisely the same time. A hard Brexit as they say, or as I prefer - a clean Brexit. What we voted for.

Thoughts?

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

"we leave the EU when "Big Ben bongs at midnight" on March 29/30 2019"

lol but it won't
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Great interview on this with Brexit Secretary David Davis MP.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    If my reading of this all is correct, this essentially means that in March 2019 when we leave the EU we will also leave the Single Market and EU Customs Union at precisely the same time. A hard Brexit as they say, or as I prefer - a clean Brexit. What we voted for.
    Thoughts?
    Taking it literally, the vote was to leave the EU. Nothing else. It was right there on the ballot paper.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    Taking it literally, the vote was to leave the EU. Nothing else. It was right there on the ballot paper.
    Indeed, and leaving the EU in any practical sense means no longer being subject to the courts of the European Union (SM), the trade treaties of the European Union (CU) or the laws of the European Union (CM+SM). We voted Leave, not Leave in name only.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

You're just stating your opinion as if it were fact.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Surely not
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

You're just stating your opinion as if it were fact.
    That's right I am. If I didn't believe my opinion was based in fact then it would be a pretty flimsy opinion, no?

As the campaign and referendum debate made clear, Brexit was about a numbers of factors - controlling immigration, being able to sign our own trade deals, being in control of our own laws and being free of EU courts - how does staying in the EU Single Market and EU Customs Union [which both make impossible what I mentioned] respect the mandate in the vote that was to leave the EU?

I must have missed the box on the ballot saying "Leave the EU but stay bound by EU institutions as though we have not left"
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 27-08-2017 at 09:25 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Having an opinion based on fact (which yours isn't) is not the same as stating your opinion to be fact.

For many years, people banged on about the Norway option which is conveniently forgotten because for a month or pre-referendum they switched their position. This shouldn't be ignored.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Having an opinion based on fact (which yours isn't) is not the same as stating your opinion to be fact.

For many years, people banged on about the Norway option which is conveniently forgotten because for a month or pre-referendum they switched their position. This shouldn't be ignored.
    It was your side (Remain) that threw the Norway option in the bin. I remember debating a few of you on here about the European Union, and kept asking you all why if you want to be in the Single Market but didn't really want political union you were supporting EU membership over say the EEA or EFTA. Because logically, if it was just about economics to you all and you didn't want "ever closer union" you would have been alongside me advocating we Leave the EU but then join the EEA/EFTA.

Instead, you thought you could have us swallow political union by tying it with the economics. The gamble failed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast