HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

I'm sorry but I just don't believe there will be a RV panel by September although if there is i'll be happy to be proven wrong. In any case it begs the question why in the meantime the department hasn't been running a temporary values page? I know in the past when the panel failed we used to make an effort to publish important values either on the site or on the forum if the site was down.

Otherwise, what's the department actually doing? I'm intrigued to know whether the RV staff forum has *any* activity?

It's nothing to do with peer bashing and it is a bit cheap to accuse me of that given I've shown more interest in the department in this thread alone than a lot of people who are supposed to be running/overseeing the department have in the past 8 months. It is the shocking fact those managing/overseeing the department don't even have an idea as to what is going on let alone the poor RV staff.

Where is the oversight here?

The last announcement made by the department or on behalf of the department was seemingly back in January of this year: https://www.habboxforum.com/showthre...ghlight=values which was 232 days ago. :blue_shoc
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 27-08-2017 at 06:42 AM.

Like Lew Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    I'm sorry but I just don't believe there will be a RV panel by September although if there is i'll be happy to be proven wrong. In any case it begs the question why in the meantime the department hasn't been running a temporary values page? I know in the past when the panel failed we used to make an effort to publish important values either on the site or on the forum if the site was down.

Otherwise, what's the department actually doing? I'm intrigued to know whether the RV staff forum has *any* activity?

It's nothing to do with peer bashing and it is a bit cheap to accuse me of that given I've shown more interest in the department in this thread alone than a lot of people who are supposed to be running/overseeing the department have in the past 8 months. It is the shocking fact those managing/overseeing the department don't even have an idea as to what is going on let alone the poor RV staff.

Where is the oversight here?

The last announcement made by the department or on behalf of the department was seemingly back in January of this year: https://www.habboxforum.com/showthre...ghlight=values which was 232 days ago. :blue_shoc
    To be honest, you weren't peer bashing to me, you were saying that as a whole we have no idea what's going on, which is correct (which I believe was backed up by myself and someone else). The only people who peer bashed were the ones saying the old coder was incompetent. They might have been incompetent, but it didn't need to be brought up in such a way that it looked like all the blame was shifted to them. I know most of it will be their fault, don't worry, but it's no excuse as to why we haven't had anything temporary since the V6 system was deleted.

The department staff haven't done anything, myself included. The only time I've done any Rare Values related work is when someone's come to me on Habbo, Skype etc. when they've needed help with a value or were asking about Habbox Values generally. Harry did the spreadsheet before I was back in the department (8 months ago) and he said it was a long list, but unfortunately the values will now be out of date.

I'll add that, saying we've done nothing is bad but we were told when we originally started that there were no minimums and little to do at the moment.
    @Expling; in your reply you said you hired staff a few months back to work on the V6 panel to get values done, was a few months just an estimate? I know the panel has been deleted for the duration of the time I've been back in Rare Values so I wasn't sure if you were just guessing at how long it has been deleted.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Samantha; 27-08-2017 at 07:04 AM.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Aye, well there's no point in bashing the old coders like you say - we are where we are. I'm just amazed there's been so little information on the whole thing both between the department and public but between staff as well. Very surprising given I thought Skype was now super important/a requirement for 'communication'. I'll be interested to see if/what happens come September.

In the meantime, how about this for an idea - some articles/content from the department on the site about rare values, investment advice, history similar to Rare Watch/my old Rare Values Weekly article... if it's really returning this September that would be a way to build interest and pave the way.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 27-08-2017 at 07:09 AM.

DJ_Shadow is offline Ultra Rare Trade Forum Owner
    Rare Values Advisor
    Tokens
    Habbo
    DJ_Shadow

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I have been assigned the absolutely fantastic task of turning around the designs we have into a working model that the RV staff can add to. It's great to see everyone so enthusiastic and I share your enthusiasm. I haven't had much chance to work on the site so far due to work commitments, but as I finish in September and go back to Uni (where I'll be surrounded by code anyway) it'll be my first priority and will be done relatively quickly. I will happily keep this thread updated based on how far I've come with development if that's what you'd like to see.
    Happy to hear this, thank you. Yes, would be great if you could please keep us updated on the stages of development when you can

In the meantime, how about this for an idea - some articles/content from the department on the site about rare values, investment advice, history similar to Rare Watch/my old Rare Values Weekly article... if it's really returning this September that would be a way to build interest and pave the way.
    Sure, I'd be happy to volunteer and take something like this on. So long as everyone is okay with this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mikey; 28-08-2017 at 08:46 PM.
    Like FlyingJesus Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Articles and stuff on the main site would be nice, give me something to proofread
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +
    Like Brad Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

I think anything to show that the department is still very much active and still a thing and that rvs are going to be returning is good. Perhaps some sort of trade type room on Habbo like the auction like what we used to have would be great.

DJ_Shadow is offline Ultra Rare Trade Forum Owner
    Rare Values Advisor
    Tokens
    Habbo
    DJ_Shadow

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by despect View Post
    I think anything to show that the department is still very much active and still a thing and that rvs are going to be returning is good. Perhaps some sort of trade type room on Habbo like the auction like what we used to have would be great.
    The auction room that Welshcake built still exists - so that's there.

I've also been advertising Habbox and the RV department in particular in the group homeroom for the Ultra Rare Trade Forum - which is the most viewed forum on Habbo

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Articles and stuff on the main site would be nice, give me something to proofread
    Sounds good - I'll be in touch

moderator alert Posts merged by Mikey (Trialist Forum Moderator)
    Last edited by Mikey; 28-08-2017 at 08:47 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Shadow View Post
    The auction room that Welshcake built still exists - so that's there.

I've also been advertising Habbox and the RV department in particular in the group homeroom for the Ultra Rare Trade Forum - which is the most viewed forum on Habbo

Oh I know it's still there I just thought it'd be easier to have a new one made with an owner who's active on Habbo so changes can be made etc

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquefiedFilth

Latest Awards:

Great to see interest. I never accused anyone, for the record - it must've been easy to interpret otherwise!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zipol

Latest Awards:

From the responses above it appears that nobody - General Management, Rare Values Management (where!?) and Rare Values Staff - has the faintest clue what is going on. Not just in terms of the department-public information, but between yourselves.

Shambolic. Who is running the show here and who is going to take responsibility?
    To respond to your comment, When I was appointed RVM, Harry and Myself created a Online excel document. Which as you would expect contained the values of every item we would be tracking after several weeks this was in a good stage, however the systems wasn't complete. Because of this we then went on to gather information about LTD's as this is something that we though would give us the advantage over fansites. with the system/coding taking longer than originally planned things stalled. I started to reach out to people including Sam to potentially join the RV department as did Harry. Fortunately Joe has now taken over with the coding.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast