HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default Rare Values Department

What is happening with it? I literally hear and see nothing about the department. It's almost like it doesn't exist... indeed, does it exist anymore? No updates, announcements, staff hirings/firings - is a panel even being created? 2004 - 2017 ....?

Very strange.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

From what I know when I spoke to rare values manager before was that it's being completed and it's a slow process but that was a little while ago so I'm not really sure. It is still a department though!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Expling

Latest Awards:

I know very sad, we have got a few staff that I hired a few months back as I was going to use the v6 site as a temporary rare values site so was hiring them to start getting the v6 site up and running however the site was deleted for no reason and I wasn't informed so we had to abandon that. The designs for RV are done, and a coder was given the task of coding it on to our current site however they spent months and months (since before Xmas) practically inactive and when they decided to resign it was noticed by others that their code was rather poor anyway- a new coder (joe) has been given the task now and he is working on it so hopefully it'll be done soon.

RV team have done amazing though, when I told them oh my plans with the v6 site they set up an online excel doc within two days of all ltd and rate prices - we are all waiting just as much as you guys I'm afraid
    Last edited by Expling; 26-08-2017 at 07:58 AM.

Like lawrawrrr Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

If it's anything like close to completion I think it would be worthwhile beginning to publicly advertise its return - it's been forever since anything was announced regarding the department at all but I still see people asking what happened to it on the hotel so the interest is out there. A bit of hype around it (and maybe some sort of mini campaign idk) could bring people in
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Expling View Post
    I know very sad, we have got a few staff that I hired a few months back as I was going to use the v6 site as a temporary rare values site so was hiring them to start getting the v6 site up and running however the site was deleted for no reason and I wasn't informed so we had to abandon that. The designs for RV are done, and a coder was given the task of coding it on to our current site however they spent months and months (since before Xmas) practically inactive and when they decided to resign it was noticed by others that their code was rather poor anyway- a new coder (joe) has been given the task now and he is working on it so hopefully it'll be done soon.
    I think it got deleted accidentally because someone wasn't aware that the Rare Values system was on v6 still? I'm probably wrong, not sure why that rings a bell though.

Quote Originally Posted by Expling
    RV team have done amazing though, when I told them oh my plans with the v6 site they set up an online excel doc within two days of all ltd and rate prices - we are all waiting just as much as you guys I'm afraid
    Honestly, I've been in the Rare Values Department for 8 months and knew nothing about this, I've just had to ask Harry about it! The only update we have had is a thread by @Zipol; in January, nothing from you which is disappointing to say that it should be a priority department. It is what made Habbox unique (it isn't anymore due to other fansites offering values on certain things), but it is still one of the things that could potentially define Habbox (likewise with the Wiki).

Could you please direct me to your plans as well because they're not in the Rare Values forum. Unless they're posted in senior or above, which isn't great if they are as we haven't had a senior member of staff since late last year (which would make it seem like the plans could potentially be old or out of date).

v6 has been deleted ages now, couldn't a temporary solution have been brought in by yourself to just rekindle the department again?

DJ_Shadow is offline Ultra Rare Trade Forum Owner
    Rare Values Advisor
    Tokens
    Habbo
    DJ_Shadow

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
    I think it got deleted accidentally because someone wasn't aware that the Rare Values system was on v6 still? I'm probably wrong, not sure why that rings a bell though.

Honestly, I've been in the Rare Values Department for 8 months and knew nothing about this, I've just had to ask Harry about it! The only update we have had is a thread by @Zipol; in January, nothing from you which is disappointing to say that it should be a priority department. It is what made Habbox unique (it isn't anymore due to other fansites offering values on certain things), but it is still one of the things that could potentially define Habbox (likewise with the Wiki).

Could you please direct me to your plans as well because they're not in the Rare Values forum. Unless they're posted in senior or above, which isn't great if they are as we haven't had a senior member of staff since late last year (which would make it seem like the plans could potentially be old or out of date).

v6 has been deleted ages now, couldn't a temporary solution have been brought in by yourself to just rekindle the department again?
    I agree with Sam. I’m also in the department, and I haven’t heard of any news or recent developments with RV since January. I think it's a shame that it has been more or less forgotten about, seeing as the trading community still holds Habbox in relatively high esteem - even despite us not having functioning RV for over a year!

From what I’ve heard, the designs look amazing. I understand there was an issue with the coding, and I look forward to hopefully seeing it up and running soon.

Though I’m sure in the meantime those of us in the department would find it very useful to have regular updates on exactly what is happening with the development, and perhaps a clear plan drawn up with an expected timeframe for completion.

Quote Originally Posted by Expling View Post
    I still have the spreadsheet, however I suspect a lot of it is now out of date…

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

To answer both the above points: it's been at a state of "this will only take a month!!" for like a year now. Until it's actually in a state we can even think about doing launch events and even adding items there's no point saying anything cos we'll just be let down again.

Joe seems enthusiastic though so I really do hope it is soon.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

From the responses above it appears that nobody - General Management, Rare Values Management (where!?) and Rare Values Staff - has the faintest clue what is going on. Not just in terms of the department-public information, but between yourselves.

Shambolic. Who is running the show here and who is going to take responsibility?

Like Martin Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

sHaMbOlIc

Like Joe, Nick Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquefiedFilth

Latest Awards:

To bring this back around to constructive feedback rather than slowly turning into peer-bashing, I have been assigned the absolutely fantastic task of turning around the designs we have into a working model that the RV staff can add to. It's great to see everyone so enthusiastic and I share your enthusiasm. I haven't had much chance to work on the site so far due to work commitments, but as I finish in September and go back to Uni (where I'll be surrounded by code anyway) it'll be my first priority and will be done relatively quickly. I will happily keep this thread updated based on how far I've come with development if that's what you'd like to see.

As for content, I wouldn't know so I'll happily leave that issue to Tommy etc. If you do have any constructive feedback or ideas for the design, please run it through one of us. We are obviously focusing on the basic panel so far but are really open to features that will hopefully put Habbox back on the map as I agree with Sam (I think it was you that mentioned this) - RV was one of the biggest selling points for Habbox and I really do hope we can take it back to it's rightful place. These things take time and, as has been explained previously, the project has been stunted at several milestones - now we have a more dedicated site team on the job and I hope to see changes soon. Any questions on the back end side, please direct to Scott or myself.
    Last edited by Joe; 27-08-2017 at 01:36 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast