HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default Nissan to expand UK production by 20%

Nissan to expand UK production by 20%

During the EU referendum fears were rife that Brexit would result in the Sunderland plant closing down

Told you so. :8

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Meanwhile, Japan is in no rush to discuss trade agreements with Britain, whilst they pursue free trade with the EU.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    Meanwhile, Japan is in no rush to discuss trade agreements with Britain, whilst they pursue free trade with the EU.
    Of course, the EU-Japan FTA hasn't been finished yet so Britain can hardly talk about replicating what has not yet been agreed. Especially as legally any Anglo-Japan FTA cannot come into force (legally) until March 2019 or in 2020 if there's a year transition period. Our first trade deals will more or less be replications of existing EU FTAs to ensure continuity.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...a-model-for-uk

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian
    Before meeting Abe, May reiterated her intention to kickstart post-Brexit trade by replicating existing deals signed by the EU, to be amended later as needed, saying this would provide confidence for businesses.

May, who attended a traditional tea ceremony with Abe soon after flying into Kyoto, Japan’s former imperial capital, said she would be asking Japan to push ahead with talks to seal a wide-ranging EU-Japan trade deal, with the idea this could then be used as a model for a British deal.

Speaking before the tea ceremony, which was followed by a dinner and talks with Abe, May said this model could be used to speed up post-Brexit trade arrangements with other countries.

“We can’t sign up to a trade deal with Japan or with any other country outside of the European Union until we’ve left the European Union,” she told ITV in Kyoto.

“What we can do is to be talking about that future relationship. That’s what I’m going to be doing here with Prime Minister Abe. I believe we can look at an EU-Japan deal as the basis for a future trade deal between the United Kingdom and Japan.”

Asked what the point was of a copycat deal, May said this could be a starting point, with the arrangements amended as needed after Brexit took effect.

“Even if we start on the basis of an existing trade deal that a country has with the EU, it will be up to the United Kingdom and that country if we wish to renegotiate and change those terms in the future,” she said.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 30-08-2017 at 12:39 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

General investment in 2016 down significantly compared to 2015, and only £322m in the first half of 2017 (was £2.5bn for the whole of 2015) with manufacturing rates falling.
    https://www.ft.com/content/0c3427b2-...8-8055f264aa8b
    https://www.smmt.co.uk/2017/07/june-...-brexit-plans/

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

@dbgtz;

But I thought Nissan etc were all going to leave Britain?

I said they wouldn't and it was a load of rubbish but what did I know compared with those experts at the FT.

@Neversoft;

Britain and Japan have declared their intention to begin work on an FTA based on the EU FTA. Success.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    @dbgtz;

But I thought Nissan etc were all going to leave Britain?

I said they wouldn't and it was a load of rubbish but what did I know compared with those experts at the FT.
    What's that got to do with what I posted? I also never even made such a claim so rather than making a straw man, how about you respond to the point I actually made.

@Neversoft;

Britain and Japan have declared their intention to begin work on an FTA based on the EU FTA. Success.

glad we're leaving the eu to get the exact same deals we would get anyway

Country
    Scotland
    Tokens
    Habbo
    MikeyFusion

Latest Awards:

Brilliant to hear that companies are still wanting to continue in the UK. I don't agree with Brexit (don't shoot me) but at least there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

like how quiet it went

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    like how quiet it went
    What would you like me to say? So investment goes up and down like a currency does... big deal. No shocker.

At the end of the day, I said the economy would be fine - and that is how it has turned out. And even if it had not it still doesn't cancel out what I said before the referendum about a million times: even if I knew leaving would crash/devastate the economy, result in fire breathing dragons flying over London and curse me to a painful death within a year I would still vote for it.

I can't be bought and there is no price to my mind on British national sovereignty.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 13-09-2017 at 06:12 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

But you're raving about this investment, when it's actually down drastically thanks to the uncertainties of Brexit. We haven't even left and it is going down, so I'm not quite sure how you've deduced "it's fine".
    I don't really care if you would vote for it either way, just don't try and spread the idea this industry in the country is investing heavily.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast