HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default British negotiators dismantle legal basis for EU divorce bill in tense showdown

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ors-dismantle/

Brexit showdown: EU left 'flabbergasted' after British negotiators dismantle legal basis for divorce bill

Quote Originally Posted by Telegraph
    EU Brexit negotiators were left “flabbergasted” after their British counterparts launched a legal deconstruction of the so-called “Brexit bill” Wednesday as the Brussels talks headed for an increasingly acrimonious impasse, EU sources have told The Telegraph.

British negotiators spent three hours launching a painstaking, line-by-line rebuttal of the EU’s demands for €100bn divorce settlement to the barely concealed fury of EU negotiators.

"There was total amazement,” the EU source said, “Everyone was completely flabbergasted that this young man from Whitehall was saying that the EU's preparation on the financial settlement was 'inadequate'. It did not go down well."

The “intense” exchanges were the first time the two sides have butted heads over the details of the divorce bill and sets up what is expected to be a frosty joint press conference on Thursday between David Davis, the Brexit Secretary, and Michel Barnier, the EU negotiator.
    Finally some determination from Whitehall to fight Britain's corner. The past few months has been EU officials constantly briefing against us saying we are not prepared and so on when the total opposite is true - the EU hasn't even published position papers on each topic and are dragging their feet. Time to fire back.

Thoughts?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

If all of Europe left the EU, the world would be a better place.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

quiet bat people

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

It's wonderful to see after all these years of being ripped by this den of thieves our country standing up for itself. :8

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

What IS the reason for the "divorce bill"? Makes it sound like we're part of an X-length contract that we're bowing out of early, which as far as I'm aware isn't the case. If there are certain projects we've already pledged to then that I suppose makes some sense but all I've ever seen of it is "NO YOU OWE US MONEY" despite us being a contributor not a leech
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    What IS the reason for the "divorce bill"? Makes it sound like we're part of an X-length contract that we're bowing out of early, which as far as I'm aware isn't the case. If there are certain projects we've already pledged to then that I suppose makes some sense but all I've ever seen of it is "NO YOU OWE US MONEY" despite us being a contributor not a leech
    Absolutely, reminds me of those dodgy gym contracts where they sting you for wanting to escape.

I think it is right that we pay our budget contributions to the day of leaving but after? Nilch. And really we should be taking a deduction from our final payments as we're owed a share of the assets (expensive buildings) that we've paid in for over 44 years.