HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    zammy149

Latest Awards:

Default climate change is real?

I would like to hear some opinions on climate change. do you think it is real? or just a hoax like the documentary blue beats green seems to think and Ronald trump. I personally think the the day after tomorrow has predicted the future. I mean look at all these hurricanes going on. The atmosphere is getting warmer and causing mega storms.

Country
    England
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Ruth-On-Toast

Latest Awards:

These been climate changes for millions of years way before us humans around

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Ronald Trump.

Natural disasters aren't a new phenomenon, and you can't really say The Day After Tomorrow has predicted the future. That film basically features an ice age, which are known to have occurred millions of years ago. Also, hurricanes have always been a thing, they even occur in specific seasons would you believe it, but I do think humankind has some sort of impact on the climate. Can't really say to what extent.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

I think it is scare story industry that makes a lot of money out of fears. From Ebola to the 1980s New Ice Age, from Asbestos, the Millenium Bug, DDT and even leaving the EU - a lot of people enjoy being afraid and will fall for these things. I used to be like that, and I quite enjoyed end of world thoughts/scenarios whilst at the same time being scared. With age though you realise these scares come and go and are a lot more relaxed and cautious when somebody tells you that you need to do X in order to save the world before it is too late. As great as the achievements of mankind are, we're still a tiny flek on the Earth.

Vineyards used to extend as far north as Scotland in Roman Britain. I'm not worried in the slightest. That being said, that doesn't mean I am for pollution and I am actually a bit of a tree hugger myself - planted over a dozen (now mature) trees in my garden and hundreds of spring bulbs in my grass which I leave for months afterwards providing pollen for bees and cover for young frogs and insects in the early summr. I also believe councils should be required by law to line the streets with trees just as house builders are now obliged to plant X amount of trees for a certain size size.

And as for Hurricane Irma currently hitting British Caribbean colonies, Cuba and the United States - to say these weather events are becoming more extreme is a very big assumption to make. Even going back to the beginning of modern scientific monitoring of these events only takes you back to the 1800s - less than 200 years is a teeny tiny amount of time in terms of weather and climate cycles and actually tells us nothing because statistically it is such a small amount of time. Ice core samples and extinction/rock/soil samples are the way to read the climate and extreme weather events so that you gauge the bigger picture.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 11-09-2017 at 01:18 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

While I haven't done any extensive research, I honestly just don't believe in man-made climate change - or at least how it is portrayed. While we obviously have some effect on it, I think it's too minimal to be of any real significance. The effects on local areas as a result of pollution, etc, are of course very real however.

I do however hate to think of all those beautiful forests and trees being cut down, humans are ruining this planet in many ways and always will!
    Last edited by Lewis; 11-09-2017 at 07:36 PM.
    The day I get to 200 in Ping Pong II is the day my life is complete.