HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Playing with Norm prices through supply/demand without boosting in MP.

Hello!

Technically you could call it hoarding, but for a shorter time.

A year ago or so, I started buying big hand memorials for 5-8cea. I had always liked the furni and just liked to use it in my room. I started to notice a lack of them around habbo and in shops. I decided to buy all i could. This ended up creating "demand" for them with basically only me buying them. Before I knew it, I had bought 200+ hands.... The most I had paid was maybe 12c, within a week of me finishing my goal of 200, the price hit 15-17c ea. I dumped all for that price within the next 2 weeks (mainly in bulk). In all i think i came out 1500c richer. After that within a month they went back to about 8c ea.

I was wondering what you guys thought of the ability to do this? This is a hoarding situation but the hand isnt considered rare, and I was able to more than double my money basically on it. Is this a sign of a weak and unstable habbo economy? This only took me a month to do and it was quite a bit of work.

Would love peoples thoughts on the questions.

-Ben

Tokens
    Habbo
    Keegs:

Latest Awards:

Wow I can't believe buying them for that small price and then after a while you sold them and became rich! I don't think it's bad and I would do it tbh! Anything to make me richer haha

Tokens
    Habbo
    :odey:

Latest Awards:

If I had the patience to do this I would definitely do it, haha.
    But I'd definitely end up picking the wrong item and losing so much haha
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    let it be always marked here that odey is a babe

There are a lot of things that are personally uncomfortable to show, especially me
    without makeup and completely bloated or crying. But I've realized that it's time for me to
    show my audience that you don't have to be perfect to achieve your dreams.
    Because nobody relates to being perfect.

Katy Perry

Tokens
    Habbo
    The-Quiet-One

Latest Awards:

People do things similar to this on Runescape but I could never figure out what the best item to buy is and when to sell, etc. I don't think I'd be any good at it but if you are then it's a great way to get rich!
    thanks lucpix for the cute sig xo
    twitter / blog

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It's not just norms it works for! Some rares/supers do exactly the same and it's great when it pays off.

I bought a Pear Tree years ago for 600c, I resold it this year for 1500c (missed out when it was higher, but I'm not greedy) and I was very happy with that profit from it.

I forgot about buying hard to find items and reselling for more, I may start again as I used to do it before the merge mainly - at the moment I usually just get lucky with buying in bulk and the next day someone's decided to rig the Market Place and I cash in (I haven't rigged the market in years as I don't think it justifies spending the credits to do so lmao).

Another thing I cash in with is Catalogue items that are worth more (average wise usually) than their Catalogue price, it doesn't always works but a lot of the time it does. It's mainly when they bring out seasonal items, and even if you only break even then you're getting some credits back from the HC payday if you're HC.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Manji

You were just lucky you purchased the right item... It is true that habbo economy is not stable but then you can never predict things to happen..Pure luck and patients paid off..
    I never lose, It's either I win or I learn.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Manji View Post
    You were just lucky you purchased the right item... It is true that habbo economy is not stable but then you can never predict things to happen..Pure luck and patients paid off..
    Lucky.. maybe. But it also isn't luck. Reading the current hotel state is a huge part of this practice. At the time I noticed a lot of people asking about them in shops. That showed me that ther as interest in them which was an indication that people loved the way they looked but didn't know if They really needed them. Another thing I forgot to add to MY process was that I used them in event rooms As seats which gave people ideas on how to use them/ how the right use of them could make a room awesome(not saying my rooms were awesome). Uncreative room builders use other people's ideas and using them a certain way that looked interesting peaked their interest which to them looking for them/ offering O buy mine.