HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default EU State of the Union address

EU State of the Union address

Unelected President Juncker of the European Commission delivers annual US-style address to MEPs

- Calls for European army by 2025
    - Wants to merge the EU presidencies into a single powerful post
    - Commits to further EU expansion
    - Vows to make the Euro currency compulsory for all EU member states
    - States intention to expand Schengen to Romania and Bulgaria

https://order-order.com/2017/09/13/j...-its-own-army/

Quote Originally Posted by Guido
    Jean-Claude Juncker has confirmed the EU will pursue a policy of ever-continuing expansion, create its own army, and force constituent countries to open their borders and join the beleaguered Euro in an speech which will only serve to confirm the decision of every Brexit voter. In his ‘State of the Union’ address to the European Parliament this morning, Juncker restated the EU’s commitment to an expansionist set of policies to further erode the sovereignty of member states; a platform which Remainers will find difficult to explain away.

He explicitly re-stated his ambition to see the European Union continue to expand:

“We must maintain a credible enlargement perspective for the Western Balkans… the European Union will be greater than 27 in number.”

On immigration and free movement, Juncker said the Schengen passport-less area would be extended “immediately” to Bulgaria and Romania:

“If we want to strengthen the protection of our external borders, then we need to open the Schengen area of free movement to Bulgaria and Romania immediately. We should also allow Croatia to become a full Schengen member once it meets all the criteria.”

He confirmed that the EU will create a ‘European Defence Union’ by 2025 – that is, an EU army:

“And I want us to dedicate further efforts to defence matters. A new European Defence Fund is in the offing. As is a Permanent Structured Cooperation in the area of defence. By 2025 we need a fully-fledged European Defence Union. We need it. And NATO wants it.”

On the Euro, Juncker pushed towards compulsory membership for member states:

“The euro is meant to be the single currency of the European Union as a whole. All but two of our Member States are required and entitled to join the euro once they fulfil all conditions. Member States that want to join the euro must be able to do so. This is why I am proposing to create a Euro-accession Instrument, offering technical and even financial assistance.”

And he called for a single European president (merging his job with Donald Tusk’s) and an end to national vetoes.

He then amusingly went on to say Britain will “regret” Brexit. Remainers wondering why the polls haven’t swung back their way should watch Juncker’s speech this morning…
    As one comment put it...

"In short:

Everything the Remainers told us before the referendum that the EU wasn't planning - it was planning all along."
    Over to Mr Farage this morning.

How's this for a power grab? @dbgtz;
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 13-09-2017 at 11:49 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Army one is old news, it was around before Brexit in quite a few articles.

Currency is already compulsory isn't it, with us being the exception?

Weird that, a politician wanting more power though.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    Army one is old news, it was around before Brexit in quite a few articles.
    Well Nigel Farage told us about it but Nick Clegg in the debates said it was a fantasy and wasn't going to happen, kind of like how David Cameron and Remain told us in the referendum that we were now exempt from ever closer union despite no treaty change.

You don't mean to say they were lying, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by scottish
    Compulsory at the moment yet but without a time limit.

Quote Originally Posted by scottish
    Weird that, a politician wanting more power though.
    Yet you voted Remain which would have given them it? Weird indeed.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

I'm not talking about articles about forage, it was Juncker made a speech or something about the army like a month or two before the referendum.

Every politician is a liar, you should know this by now.

So currency makes no change as it's already compulsory?

I didn't vote remain though.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    There are actually something like eight or nine EU countries which don't use the Euro.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

A government which has the power to introduce law without the consent of parliament vs a government which has the power to introduce law with the consent of the member states?
    The only particularly bad part is the end of national vetoes, but that's not something exactly enshrined in a document compared to the Euro or expansionism. I'm also guessing it needs approvals from said member states, too.
    An EU army in the sense described in the article isn't necessarily a bad thing either, if it simply serves to act as defence for smaller states.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    A government which has the power to introduce law without the consent of parliament vs a government which has the power to introduce law with the consent of the member states?
    Introducing THE SAME LAWS that were introduced by the EU WITHOUT THE CONSENT of Parliament.

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz
    The only particularly bad part is the end of national vetoes, but that's not something exactly enshrined in a document compared to the Euro or expansionism. I'm also guessing it needs approvals from said member states, too.
    "Ever closer union" first page of the first EU Treaty.

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz
    An EU army in the sense described in the article isn't necessarily a bad thing either, if it simply serves to act as defence for smaller states.
    Ohhh so you do want a federal Europe after all? Then why all the pretending, like the politicians, that you did not.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    Introducing THE SAME LAWS that were introduced by the EU WITHOUT THE CONSENT of Parliament.
    Implicit consent through treaties approved by parliament... Unfortunately, as far as I have read, the repeal bill has the potential to go far beyond its initial power.

"Ever closer union" first page of the first EU Treaty.
    Not really sure how this is replying to my point

Ohhh so you do want a federal Europe after all? Then why all the pretending, like the politicians, that you did not.
    No? I never said "abolish member state militaries". I was saying something which is set up purely to aid the smaller states who perhaps can't do so much on their own wouldn't be a bad thing. Wouldn't be an awful thing for us too since a UK defence supplier probably would have been involved.
    I reserve judgement until I see what it entails.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I thought his speech was hilarious. If you take it out of the context of today's media influence and look back on it as a moment in history from a neutral standpoint, all you will see is a fascist dictator making a power grab and creating a superstate against the will of its citizens.
    This is LITERALLY what the remainers were deluded about in believing would not happen, and that conference is now happening the very day after brexit :rolleyes:

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

I know you've replied but it isn't showing the post for some reason, only my last post!!!

(Wondering if posting this will fix it)

edit: nope

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast