HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Lightbulb Talking to yourself

The result of discussions and various statements in social media such as "lol I'm not normal", talking to yourself is such an intellectually healthy and useful habit that it reminds us that our own company STILL is better than anything else.

As I spend a good deal of the day working "creatively," the act of overthinking is ridiculously frequent, and in the midst of that process, I spend a ridiculously large amount of time stopping everything I'm doing to SIMULATE a conversation in my head, every now and then doing it in spoken voice, (for realism) or simply repeating for myself a stretch of a film / book that turns out to be interesting and somehow deserves an instant acting.

Do you usually talk to yourself too? Ah, and no problem, this thread is extremely stealthy.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I talk to myself all the time because I am a lonely soul. I find it helps me concentrate, though. I can plan and work things out easier if I verbalise my thoughts. I remember talking to myself in school once, to work out some sort of math problem, and the girl sat next to me was like WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU PSYCHO!!!!!!!!
    Like LUCPIX Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I always have conversations to myself but not out loud. I tend to sometimes act it out from habit as well. Whether it's imagining talking to someone else and imagining their own reply, or literally just talking to "me". I enjoy conversing with myself, better than real people not gonna lie lol

I often do it when I'm walking outside as well - I kind of like act out what I'm thinking too, be it hand gestures or changing facial expressions or mouthing what I'm thinking... then I realise I'm in public and dozens of people have been wondering why there's a crazy man walking the streets!
    Last edited by Lewis; 26-09-2017 at 08:23 PM.
    The day I get to 200 in Ping Pong II is the day my life is complete.
    Like LUCPIX Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    The-Quiet-One

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    I always have conversations to myself but not out loud. I tend to sometimes act it out from habit as well. Whether it's imagining talking to someone else and imagining their own reply, or literally just talking to "me". I enjoy conversing with myself, better than real people not gonna lie lol

I often do it when I'm walking outside as well - I kind of like act out what I'm thinking too, be it hand gestures or changing facial expressions or mouthing what I'm thinking... then I realise I'm in public and dozens of people have been wondering why there's a crazy man walking the streets!
    I do this as well, play out conversations in my head and sometimes I end up mouthing or doing facial expressions that match the conversation but might seem weird to everyone else because I'm just randomly pulling faces. I do talk to myself sometimes too, it helps me think better sometimes and it fills the silence when I'm alone. I also tend to break out into song when I'm alone too, especially as my girlfriend hates me singing so it's better to do it when I'm alone.
    thanks lucpix for the cute sig xo
    twitter / blog
    Like LUCPIX Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post

yes
    Imagining variations of conversation which will never really happen in real life, doing questions and also answering them.. not too far from having an imaginary friend, if we stop to reflect about it lol

talking to yourself looks more acceptable if you do it wearing headphones, so everyone around you would think you're just using the phone, or something I tried once!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Sloths

Latest Awards:

Yes I talk to myself all the time especially to try figure out something I’m working on, but have now moved to talking to myself in my head at work otherwise I’d look like a crazy person!

Like LUCPIX Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    nat965

Latest Awards:

Always. People think I'm crazy too but whatever, i'm still here

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sloths View Post
    Yes I talk to myself all the time especially to try figure out something I’m working on, but have now moved to talking to myself in my head at work otherwise I’d look like a crazy person!
    this deserves a question
    is your inner voice similar to your actual voice? mine's just a neutral echo, like a film narrator or something

Tokens
    Habbo
    Manji

I talk to myself and It helps me concentrate and make better decisions hahaha

Tokens
    Habbo
    PrettyLoven

I don't talk verbally out loud to myself. If anything I do a lot of thinking in my head which is a form of talking to myself in some way.

Meet Elley and His Dancing Friends!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast