HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Thread: Rare Values

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Rare Values

I know one doesn't exist on Habbox, but is there a current rare values tool anywhere that can be used? I need to sell some of my shit and marketplace prices aren't exactly accurate. Thanks.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

My advice to you is go around shops and see if u can find the items and get an idea of the price. If this deosnt work, place in mp at a high price (what probably is too high) and slowly go down from there. This takes time but it is effective

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquefiedFilth

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMagician View Post
    I know one doesn't exist on Habbox, but is there a current rare values tool anywhere that can be used? I need to sell some of my shit and marketplace prices aren't exactly accurate. Thanks.
    Rare Values will be coming to Habbox pretty soon.
    Like LUCPIX Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Rare Values will be coming back to Habbox pretty soon.
    FIFY

Like Joe, LUCPIX Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Manji

Rare value calculator in habbox was very helpful.
    I never lose, It's either I win or I learn.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

marketplace is accurate

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Not always. And not everything is on there. We won't be valuing everyday items as that would be a waste of time...

Like LUCPIX Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquefiedFilth

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    marketplace is accurate
    Marketplace fluctuates drastically, especially on items where they shouldn't. I was selling my stuff earlier and a black arrow wall sticker that was originally sold for 2c had an average of 650c. Stupid prices that could catch people out - a reliable trustworthy source is needed and is missing at the moment in my opinion.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Marketplace fluctuates drastically, especially on items where they shouldn't. I was selling my stuff earlier and a black arrow wall sticker that was originally sold for 2c had an average of 650c. Stupid prices that could catch people out - a reliable trustworthy source is needed and is missing at the moment in my opinion.
    Yes the market place fluctuates, but on most items can be somewhat accurat. With the mp, learning the graphs and being to judge the price from that is really the only way to know prices at the moment. There are problems with this as well. Items lose their avg after so long or there has only been 1 or 2 traded which can make their prices drastically different from what they are worth. Avoid these items at all cost especially those that have fewer then 4 sold within the past month. It's not worth taking the risk.

I do advocate for the mp prices BUT it's all supply and demand. Items fluctuate with the seasons and with how many are available at a given time (there may be a lot of an item throughout the hotel, but people with them may not selling or logging on habbo). A good example of this was the ghostly gallows, during Halloween. I bought 3 for 20c ea in September and when Halloween time came a long the value rose to 50c ea becaue there weren't a lot around and the season fit the furni.

In the end, the value of a furni is what someone is willing to pay for it. It's very hard to judge non-rares because you can play with the prices without even touching the mp (without boosting it in market place, causing demand by buying a lot of that item so you empty the shops causing a Rise in "demand" but this can be hard to do). With rares you can ask Around and figure out a range that they sell for. But these prices can easily fluctuate too becaue when people get desperate for coins they dump their items for cheap which lowers the pice temporarily.

If you or anyone needs help, I'm sure willing to lend a hand.

-ben