HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Thread: remotest memory

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Lightbulb remotest memory

It is said that the development of the components of our brain responsible for developing memory, transforming all sensory stimuli into something that works to retain in our neurons only begins to happen even more or less after two years of age. It would be freakin 'cool if we had the solid face-to-face recall of the moment we got out of our mother's belly. Or maybe before that!

Given our limitation, if you try to do a retrospective and get to define the earliest memory you have of your life, what would it be?

I think this is something I created in my head, but I'm pretty sure I have some memory fragments related to some random moments of when my senses had not yet been fully defined and all I had at the time was a " distorted "and blurry vision, such as a person with a severe degree of myopia.

Being a little more realistic, the oldest memory I have guaranteed in me is the moment I stepped into the kindergarten that I attended for the first time. I was 2 years old, almost 3 years old. The first thing I did was to receive a piece of paper with a beautiful drawing of a parrot so that after that the girl responsible for our group (Fran) would ask me to do the my first class exercise of my life : Paint the parrot!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I studied memory and Freud for a time at university, and we touched upon something called screen memories, which are essentially minuscule fragments of memory which mask a trauma or emotional event. It's all theoretical, but I have a couple of remote memories like that, which I sometimes ponder the true significance of. There are two from my childhood, when I was four or younger; one I remember my parents arguing, and another I remember being sick on a rug. I couldn't even begin to describe them, because they're so remote, and they exist in my mind more as a sense or a feeling in ways. I can't recall any details — they are just tiny snippets of a fraction of a moment in my mind.
    Like LUCPIX Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    nat965

Latest Awards:

Earliest memory would be in kindergarden playing with playdoh, 2 or 3 years old.
    Like LUCPIX Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    I studied memory and Freud for a time at university, and we touched upon something called screen memories, which are essentially minuscule fragments of memory which mask a trauma or emotional event. It's all theoretical, but I have a couple of remote memories like that, which I sometimes ponder the true significance of. There are two from my childhood, when I was four or younger; one I remember my parents arguing, and another I remember being sick on a rug. I couldn't even begin to describe them, because they're so remote, and they exist in my mind more as a sense or a feeling in ways. I can't recall any details — they are just tiny snippets of a fraction of a moment in my mind.
    o dear, yes

I sort of discussed about something similar (but much more superficial and without much scientific evidence) here in this post, about the fact that our brain ONLY sends the stimuli from the limbic system (small area of the brain mainly dedicated to temporary memories {quickly memorized phone numbers, people in the street, etc.), which is cleansed daily after a night's sleep) to the cerebral cortex (neural reconfiguration for permanent sensory information) when this information is received with an unusual dose of emotion, whether it is "negative" or "positive."

In fact, I believe that my remotest memory is only in my head to this day because I cried a lot for not being used to staying so long without my mother around, heh!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Memory is a really fascinating thing to read about, but it does become very complex. I was interested to learn that the phenomenon of your life flashing before your eyes as you die may be an actual thing, as your brain synapses misfire due to a lack of oxygen. There's a Japanese inventor named Yoshiro Nakamatsu (who is a bit wacky, really) who comes up with his ideas whilst holding his breath underwater. There are a lot of great films that deal with concepts of memory.
    Like LUCPIX Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Memory is a really fascinating thing to read about, but it does become very complex. I was interested to learn that the phenomenon of your life flashing before your eyes as you die may be an actual thing, as your brain synapses misfire due to a lack of oxygen.
    To imagine that all our thoughts appear in front of our eyes for a few seconds before the last heartbeat (and precisely organized to be displayed from the earliest memory to the present moment) seems a bit too romantic!, but it is a possibility, perhaps in a slightly different way we currently imagine, perhaps with some indefinite flashes of some random moments (especially what are "sticked" more intensely in our neurons) at such a high speed that we would not even be able to discern them right , or all being displayed at the same time, thousands of times per second, a lifetime of accumulated information.

Would we be able to have all the sensory stimuli, rather than just the vision, as sometimes happens in our dreams? Would we be able to hear the sounds we have heard during our lifetime, or simply rearrange everything and generate within us a unique mix of the noises we have carefully guarded over the years? What about the ability of simulating the touch?

There's a Japanese inventor named Yoshiro Nakamatsu (who is a bit wacky, really) who comes up with his ideas whilst holding his breath underwater. There are a lot of great films that deal with concepts of memory.
    Someone should tell him that turning upside down on the bed makes all the blood in the body flow to the brain, and if we do it for a long time, we can think better and - who knows - have better ideas. At least, that way, we assure we're going to get out of it alive.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Red

Latest Awards:

I have a memory of sitting on my stairs thinking I'll be starting nursery soon and then going up to watch Snow White in my mums room. I must have been 2.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Manji

Oldest i can recall was in kindergarten, It was our graduation day maybe because I graduated being first and I did a speech that day but i couldn't recall the details anymore like what i said or exactly did.
    I never lose, It's either I win or I learn.