HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My DNA results

-:Undertaker:- is online now Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default My DNA results

Got my DNA results from Ancestry.co.uk today and I am pretty surprised. I expected a big Southern Irish result with a lot of family being Roman Catholic and have got back pretty much the opposite. Very strong Scottish result!

So I am guessing that a lot of my family originated in Scotland and they migrated to the Plantations in Ulster during the 1600s and 1700s when the English Crown was expanding there... and then made their way back to Liverpool during the late 1800s or early 1900s? And as for the rest, no clue really where it has come from.

Given how often I get mistaken for Spanish/Greek/Indian/Arab though I feel like something is missing. Unless there's a full on ginger guy in Edinburgh right now looking at his results thinking wtf But could 3% really make such a difference? Like I have heard of the black hair Celtic look, but that usually comes with pale skin. Mystery.

Scotland/Ulster 67%
    Great Britain 18%
    Europe West 11%
    Iberia 1%
    Caucasus 1%
    Europe East 1%
    Scandanavia 1%

brb joining the SNP
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 17-10-2017 at 08:59 PM.

Like Mikey, Lewis Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

This is super strange - by coincidence, I was looking into this kind of thing earlier.

Tempted by them, although reports suggest each of the main 3 or 4 tests tend to give quite drastically different results, due to different methods etcetera... not sure what to believe based on that.

Have you considered trying another one, too? Would be interested to see if you get similar results with a rival test.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

@AgnesIO;

Considering another yeah, especially since this is so... surprising to me. I think @buttons; mentioned 23andMe which also gives other information so I might do that in a few months and compare the two see what I get.

Would recommend it though. It's shocked me but not in a way I expected to be shocked? No idea of Scotland link in family.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 17-10-2017 at 09:37 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Where in Eastern Europe is the 1%? Because I can guarantee you if it's Russia, Ukraine, or Poland, there's a high probability you're a Jew.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMagician View Post
    Where in Eastern Europe is the 1%? Because I can guarantee you if it's Russia, Ukraine, or Poland, there's a high probability you're a Jew.
    It doesn't say.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shonly

Latest Awards:

i've been tempted to do one for a few months but not sure which one to go for

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    It doesn't say.
    Family tree ----> Cross reference family members with Eastern European backgrounds, taking surnames into account.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMagician View Post
    Family tree ----> Cross reference family members with Eastern European backgrounds, taking surnames into account.
    Haven't done family tree and there's no guarantee you could find out. It could be hundreds of years ago.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Found this on the percentages.

Interesting, so my relatives from Spain/Portugal, the Middle East, Scandanavia and Eastern Europe could be as close as 200 years ago. I am really tempted to do the 23andMe one now but at £150 it is a bit pricey! I won't be able to resist though lmao.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

We got my Grandad done but he's not related to me by blood as my Grandmother remarried. We've always suspected there's something in him, but nothing was ever said - until just before the test he said something about the West Indies in his family. From this, I guessed prior to the results that this (if true) would result in some West African results coming back as the West Indies Colony was a major slave trading route from the ports of West Africa.

Well... my guess turned out to be true.

Great Britain 33%
    Scandinavia 20%
    Eastern Europe 12%
    Ireland/Scotland/Wales 11%
    Southern Europe 7%
    Mali 6%
    Benin/Togo 3%
    Ivory Coast/Ghana 3%
    Western Europe 2%
    European Jewish 1%
    Iberia <1%
    African Bantu <1%
    Middle East <1%

On Ancestry DNA it links you up with people predicted to be your cousins by blood... so a lady predicted to be his 4th cousin contacted me and has given me what she has researched, including his parents names and birth dates which are correct. We can now trace back to his great great grandparents which is cool! Interestingly, this has solved the high Scandinavia and Eastern European percentage as his great grandmother was born in Prussia which was part of the German Empire but today is in Poland - this area will ethnically be Eastern European/Scandinavian due to its geography. Pretty cool that we've found that direct link!

My blood grandad's result is close to coming back soon so that should be interesting to shed more light on my own results and where those smaller percentages have come from.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast