HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    DaimC

Latest Awards:

Post Thoughts on Call Of Duty: WWII

I think the newest Call Of Duty looks amazing, it goes back to the roots and that's a good thing because the futuristic themed call of duties have not been to my liking other than Black Ops 3, that one i actually enjoyed.

So what are your thoughts on the newest CoD? Will you be buying it or will you not? Because i definitely will buy it soon!
    (love):S

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I like Sledgehammer's previous COD, Advanced Warfare, but I'm not really a fan of the 'boots on the ground' games. I like the advanced movement, and I liked Advanced Warfare specifically because it was so fast paced and the verticality was so well implemented. In that game, gun fights actually felt like fights. I could get shot at and actually evade and counter attack, whereas in the more traditional games, you get shot at and you're immediately dead. I played the WWII beta and can see the appeal for people into those sorts of games and that sort of play style, but it's just not for me. It's an unpopular opinion, but I was really hoping they would make Advanced Warfare 2.
    Like DaimC Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    DaimC

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    I like Sledgehammer's previous COD, Advanced Warfare, but I'm not really a fan of the 'boots on the ground' games. I like the advanced movement, and I liked Advanced Warfare specifically because it was so fast paced and the verticality was so well implemented. In that game, gun fights actually felt like fights. I could get shot at and actually evade and counter attack, whereas in the more traditional games, you get shot at and you're immediately dead. I played the WWII beta and can see the appeal for people into those sorts of games and that sort of play style, but it's just not for me. It's an unpopular opinion, but I was really hoping they would make Advanced Warfare 2.
    Yeah, the boots on the ground games were a little bit harder, that's why you needed skill to be good at them

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquefiedFilth

Latest Awards:

Yes, definitely unpopular but interesting to see your views on it. I disagree but never really seen a good explanation of why some would prefer these kind of games so now I really see the appeal of them. I love the boots on the ground style and my favourite COD to date was Modern Warfare 2 with my second being World at War so I'm really happy to go back to this. I'd be very happy if they simply alternated between the two but it seemed like recently they have focused on the advanced style which has put me off a bit. But, it still sells well so to be honest they're doing just fine haha.
    Like DaimC Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    DaimC

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Yes, definitely unpopular but interesting to see your views on it. I disagree but never really seen a good explanation of why some would prefer these kind of games so now I really see the appeal of them. I love the boots on the ground style and my favourite COD to date was Modern Warfare 2 with my second being World at War so I'm really happy to go back to this. I'd be very happy if they simply alternated between the two but it seemed like recently they have focused on the advanced style which has put me off a bit. But, it still sells well so to be honest they're doing just fine haha.
    The advanced style put me also off a bit, i had a 2 year break from cod starting from ghosts. black ops 3 brought me back but infinite warfare again, put me off. Only pre-ordered it because of Modern Warfare Remastered

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquefiedFilth

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by DaimC View Post
    The advanced style put me also off a bit, i had a 2 year break from cod starting from ghosts. black ops 3 brought me back but infinite warfare again, put me off. Only pre-ordered it because of Modern Warfare Remastered
    Did exactly the same - think I only clocked 2 hours of playtime on remastered haha - just not as interested anymore I don't think. I'm all about Destiny 2 at the moment, can't get enough of it. How much did you clock up?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yeah, the boots on the ground games were a little bit harder, that's why you needed skill to be good at them
    I would say it's the exact opposite, personally. Boots on the ground games are rife with camping and vantage points, whereas in Advanced Warfare, an enemy can attack from almost any direction. There is not only the gunplay to master, but also the movement, and to dash across the sky whilst locking onto your enemy who may also be hurtling in another direction takes a tremendous amount of skill. I bought the game when it first released, and it took players a lot of time to master the movement in order to be fully efficient in gun fights. The boots on the ground games are much slower paced and just don't feel as competitive to me.

Yes, you bring up some good points. Honestly, I think it all depends on what you got into first. For yourself, your favourite Call of Duty games are Modern Warfare and World at War, so of course you will prefer the boots on the ground style games. For me, I played some of the earlier Call of Duty games before they had proper multiplayer, and I didn't start playing online until Advanced Warfare. I played the hell out of it, got to Grand Master Prestige, completed almost all of the main challenges, etc... so now every boots on the ground game feels very slow to me. I think many current players have been with the franchise for a long time, and are more familiar with the boots on the ground style games.

However, people conveniently forget that Advanced Warfare also had a classic mode without the exo suits. When the game was released, it recieved a lot of praise, and it was at a time players had been wanting the franchise to go in a different direction. When people complain about it these days, I think it mostly comes from the fact that there were three whole years of futuristic COD games, and more seasoned players started to miss the classic play style. You can kind of see this looking at the Metacritic scores, which steadily decline as each new futuristic COD is released, until they rise again with COD: WWII. It's interesting what you mentioned about alternating the styles of game, and I do think this would be an ideal way to do it. People just generally got fed up of the same sort of setting for three years, and I wouldn't be surprised if people start wanting another furutistic game after a couple more years of boots on the ground.

Black Ops 3 and Infinite Warfare were just lite versions of Advanced Warfare. They're all futuristic games, but the movement systems in BO3 and IW feel incredibly sluggish alongside AW.
    Last edited by Neversoft; 04-11-2017 at 05:42 PM.
    Like DaimC Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquefiedFilth

Latest Awards:

Yes, you bring up some good points. Honestly, I think it all depends on what you got into first. For yourself, your favourite Call of Duty games are Modern Warfare and World at War, so of course you will prefer the boots on the ground style games. For me, I played some of the earlier Call of Duty games before they had proper multiplayer, and I didn't start playing online until Advanced Warfare. I played the hell out of it, got to Grand Master Prestige, completed almost all of the main challenges, etc... so now every boots on the ground game feels very slow to me. I think many current players have been with the franchise for a long time, and are more familiar with the boots on the ground style games.

However, people conveniently forget that Advanced Warfare also had a classic mode without the exo suits. When the game was released, it recieved a lot of praise, and it was at a time players had been wanting the franchise to go in a different direction. When people complain about it these days, I think it mostly comes from the fact that there were three whole years of futuristic COD games, and more seasoned players started to miss the classic play style. You can kind of see this looking at the Metacritic scores, which steadily decline as each new futuristic COD is released, until they rise again with COD: WWII. It's interesting what you mentioned about alternating the styles of game, and I do think this would be an ideal way to do it. People just generally got fed up of the same sort of setting for three years, and I wouldn't be surprised if people start wanting another furutistic game after a couple more years of boots on the ground.
    I think you're right. I played the single player from I think COD2? Which one the Big Red One was - that was my first and I bloody loved that. I've played every multiplayer and done reasonably well on each on since Call of Duty 4 so yep, you're spot on on the fact its not wanting to change and just wishing things were the old way!

I didn't know about the classic mode - I gave up quite stubbornly on Advanced Warfare. I did play the first futuristic game - forgive me but I don't remember which one - and I did kinda enjoy it as I was thinking "this'll go back to normal" and it never did, up to the point of me selling AW pretty fast after preordering. I think the alternating side of it would be perfect - it will allow those who wanted to purchase to do so, but also those who didn't want to change to carry on playing with decent support still ongoing. But, after three of the same games, I doubt something like MW3 is still playable (without hackers etc).

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yeah, some of the older CODs are kind of in a bizarre pseudo-game state where hackers and modders have taken over. It's kind of amusing, but I guess it isn't really reasonable to expect the developers to keep on supporting these older games. I actually hopped on Advanced Warfare last night, and found the lobbies were still very full. For a game released in 2014, and one which now has three sequels, one of which just came out yesterday, I thought that was pretty awesome. Just goes to show how each and every game kind of has its niche.

Tokens
    Habbo
    DaimC

Latest Awards:

Did exactly the same - think I only clocked 2 hours of playtime on remastered haha - just not as interested anymore I don't think. I'm all about Destiny 2 at the moment, can't get enough of it. How much did you clock up?
    I think i've clocked about 42 hours, i haven't played in a while since i played the original so much :p