HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    ThomasLaws

Latest Awards:

Default Vaccinations should be compulsary for children.

Hello! This is a debate topic I think holds many mixed views and doesn't really get spoken about, so let's kick it off.

Should vaccinations be compulsory for children.

First what are vaccinations?

Vaccinations are inactive or dead viruses/bacteria. The inactive virus activates your bodies immune system allowing it to destroy the virus easily due to antibodies. This then allows your body to understand and remember the antigen and prevent you from being harmed again from the same virus or bacteria. - This is a very basic understanding of the immune systems function and its involvement with vaccines.

This all seems good right? You don't get harmed and your body adapts to stop you from being harmed. So why are children not getting the vaccinations they need?

This is most likely due to the connection "found" between autism and vaccinations. This "connection" was born in the late 1990s, through an article in a newspaper. It claimed autism was caused by mumps and rubella vaccinations. This worried a great amount of people in communities and prevented them from letting their children get vaccinated. Later that year the paper was withdrawn due to no credible evidence, however the view still stands with many parents.

Why should this be debated?

Vaccinations must be given to a large majority of people to eliminate the spread of a preventable disease. Children are such a target for vaccinations as they all play/work in such close proximity with people from friends to parents. This topic should be debated as it carries so many different views and opinions, if these views end up giving a child an illness that could be prevented isn't it important to address myths and understand everyone's view?

What are your views? Should children be made to get vaccinated against diseases? Is it ethical to go against a parent's views? Do the benefits outweigh the ethic issues of going against a parent's view?
    Just a kid drowning in A levels.

This isn't a debate. Anybody that answers anything other than yes is just a moron. I have three children and every child has been vaccinated against everything. Why wouldn't you? You're essentially risking that child of dying if you don't.

Tokens
    Habbo
    ThomasLaws

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Flakefish View Post
    This isn't a debate. Anybody that answers anything other than yes is just a moron. I have three children and every child has been vaccinated against everything. Why wouldn't you? You're essentially risking that child of dying if you don't.
    I find it hard to believe people don't vaccinate their children but it does happen. People don't read into what they are told. My mother actually prevented me from getting my tetanus vaccination so I had to book it myself.
    Many care providers can't force a family to vaccinate, they can recommend however unless it is an emergency I do believe they can't go against parent's demands.
    Just a kid drowning in A levels.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasLaws View Post
    I find it hard to believe people don't vaccinate their children but it does happen. People don't read into what they are told. My mother actually prevented me from getting my tetanus vaccination so I had to book it myself.
    Many care providers can't force a family to vaccinate, they can recommend however unless it is an emergency I do believe they can't go against parent's demands.
    I know people can choose not to and it's all the hippy claptrap that is to blame for it all. Some people decide to not wear seat belts or to smoke. It doesn't make it right it's just their stupidity

Tokens
    Habbo
    TinyFroggy

Latest Awards:

I believe it should be compulsory in case of certain vaccinations but not all.

This few cases should include Measles, MMR, DTP etc which are covering the life-threatening diseases.
    The ultimate reason why I believe so is because the threat it possessed towards others are near fatal. If they are not taking the vaccine by choice, they have the probability of harboring the viruses and may spread them to others who are gullible. For example, a very young child, those who can't be vaccinated due to religious cause, extreme allergy towards the vaccines or sick person that can't be vaccinated at that very moment.

Even though, it has already been proven that the relationship between autism and vaccines (the most famous argument for anti-vax) is incredibly low, but if they still want to reject vaccines for that reason I would totally understand because of my belief towards the freedom of choice. However, freedom of choice and human rights comes with a prerequisite which is you can practice them as long as you don't endanger or harm others at the same time. Which, obviously in this situation, it's not the case and therefore this 'freedom' can't be exercised because you are jeopardizing other people's life.

In context of other vaccines of a lesser degree, since they do not pose a life threatening threat, I don't think it should be compulsory due to logistics and costs.

Country
    England
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Ruth-On-Toast

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by TinyFroggy View Post
    I believe it should be compulsory in case of certain vaccinations but not all.

This few cases should include Measles, MMR, DTP etc which are covering the life-threatening diseases.
    The ultimate reason why I believe so is because the threat it possessed towards others are near fatal. If they are not taking the vaccine by choice, they have the probability of harboring the viruses and may spread them to others who are gullible. For example, a very young child, those who can't be vaccinated due to religious cause, extreme allergy towards the vaccines or sick person that can't be vaccinated at that very moment.

Even though, it has already been proven that the relationship between autism and vaccines (the most famous argument for anti-vax) is incredibly low, but if they still want to reject vaccines for that reason I would totally understand because of my belief towards the freedom of choice. However, freedom of choice and human rights comes with a prerequisite which is you can practice them as long as you don't endanger or harm others at the same time. Which, obviously in this situation, it's not the case and therefore this 'freedom' can't be exercised because you are jeopardizing other people's life.

In context of other vaccines of a lesser degree, since they do not pose a life threatening threat, I don't think it should be compulsory due to logistics and costs.
    ok first can i just point something out that bugged me the MMR vaccine includes measles but apart from that i agree with you we can't force people to get injected with stuff but we should encourage people to have vaccines. some people will have serve reaction to vaccines but that can be the same for any sort of medicine.

also what are these vaccines you say are not as important?

Tokens
    Habbo
    TinyFroggy

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by RuthOnToast View Post
    ok first can i just point something out that bugged me the MMR vaccine includes measles but apart from that i agree with you we can't force people to get injected with stuff but we should encourage people to have vaccines. some people will have serve reaction to vaccines but that can be the same for any sort of medicine.

also what are these vaccines you say are not as important?
    Yeah, a little reaction won't be a huge deal. I'm talking about the allergic reaction that could lead to anaphylactic shock. Anyway, they are a contraindications, so they will not be told to take the vaccines they are allergic to.

Vaccines that aren't as important? Mostly the vaccines in optional vaccines program. For example in my area, pneumococcal is in the optional program. But this of course changes according to places and areas, depending on the epidemiology of the diseases. Also on the state health of the patient. Eg: A splenectomy is an indication to have pneumococcal and meningiococcal vaccines. So yeah, it depends. I believe, that the healthcare workers are doing the best for the interest of the public and we should listen to them.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shortages

Latest Awards:

I am completely against anti-vaxers. It's not only their own children they put at risk. The same as hospital workers who are anti-vaxers. They're putting those with already compromised immune systems at risk.

You know, there are actually people out there who work together to find ways to get around working in the medical profession without having to vaccinate. They deserve death and nothing more.

bella ciao