HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    brb while I give myself 8,265 of GoldenMerc's posts.

My only suggestion is don't just put anyone on it and don't put people on it due to post count or the duration of which they've been around. like I'm probably one of the oldest (in terms of habbox age not irl age) active members and I shouldn't be in it, neither should GoldenMerc just for posting a bit more 10 years ago
    I agree and I think the Habbox God usertitle suffices for dedicated non-staff members. Although I seem to be the only one here not invited to that club!

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
    I would probably suggest Calvin (if he came up with the Wiki idea, if he didn't then whoever did), because I believe, and have always said the Wiki is one of our unique features that we have. It was a genius idea to bring it, and it's still something that's updated on a regular basis and gets people onto Habbox - people sign up to the Wiki just to edit pages and give their knowledge. The Hall of Fame should show pure dedication to Habbox, or show that they brought something outstanding to the fansite.
    I came up with the wiki and set it up. It's actually a really bitter sweet thing for me. Over the years I spent hundreds of hours building custom code for the site and the forum. The most successful thing I did ended up being the wiki, which I set up in about one weekend of work. Even when I left in 2011 I thought, I doubt anyone will bother maintaining/updating this, and when I came back and saw that you all had, I was shocked. And happy. But still not sure how I feel about that being the lasting thing I did here. The wiki is great! But there was and is so much more I'd have preferred to have worked out instead. That said, I wonder if Habbox can somehow use the wiki to gain back ground lost to other fansites. It makes Habbox unique and I wonder if there's a way to maximize the benefits from that as much as Habbox can.

I don't think I'm going to be liked for this one, but I wouldn't exactly add xxMATTGxx onto it, unless you're mainly talking about his work prior to around 2014. When I was AGM with him, it was unfortunate but you could see he didn't care/have the time for Habbox as much anymore, and the co-owner role that he received (and did deserve) allowed him to take a more backseat approach to Habbox. However, in the later stages of his reign he didn't exactly wow me, maybe he did with others, but you could see a change! If you were to add him for his other achievements as well as his dedication before he lost the motivation somewhat then I'd say go for it, because he does deserve it for that!
    You mostly worked with him when he was burnt out.... he wasn't always like that. But I think your criticism is still fair enough.

I'd also suggest Mathew and Alex3213 for their help in shaping the Events and Competitions Departments. They worked extremely well with their manager/assistant and really pushed those departments forward. It's a shame it couldn't stay like that forever though.
    I can't speak for Mathew but I would say Alex3213 deserves merit, perhaps not HoF though.
    I'm not crazy, ask my toaster.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    I don't understand how people can be removed from the 'Hall of Fame,' like their achievements are suddenly deemed moot? Was that just a decision made by Alkaz?
    I am uncomfortable with that like I said but it was done because it was becoming simply a former Management staff list like the Habbox Merit sort of is. That's why I said a page back that it was important to differentiate between the awards so they don't become mirrors of eachother. The Hall of Fame is, as @FlyingJesus; said, for 'pioneers'.

That's why any new inductions mustn't be a popularity contest or a "If X is there then why not Y and Z?"

Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft
    And didn't Undertaker rig rare values?
    Absolutely not.

http://www.habboxwiki.com/Samovar_Crisis

I was made to take the flak for 8Freak8's poll - as he admitted to me - on the forum which caused values to rise which was negotiated between he, sierk and I as a compromise as I and the majority of the department simply wanted to transfer the ione's Gifts immediately into Super Rares. I never made a penny out of it given I had one Samovar to my name and never sold, sadly!

Nice sneaky dig there(?) but given that was 2007 and I have since been RVM twice since, it's ancient history.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 25-11-2017 at 04:31 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    Absolutely not.

I was made to take the flak for 8Freak8's poll - as he admitted to me - on the forum which caused values to rise which was negotiated between he, sierk and I as a compromise as I and the majority of the department simply wanted to transfer the ione's Gifts immediately into Super Rares. I never made a penny out of it given I had one Samovar to my name and never sold, sadly!

Nice sneaky dig there(?) but given that was 2007 and I have since been RVM twice since, it's ancient history.
    I remember something about this.... I could be wrong but I swear I remember the price of the samovar crashing really hard on habbox.com and then you were fired. Come to think of it, it *was* a big deal at the time. You shouldn't feel bad about being fired. I was fired from HxHD once for something I swear I never did, and another time by accident and then promptly rehired.
    Last edited by HotelUser; 25-11-2017 at 05:32 AM.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by HotelUser View Post
    I remember something about this.... I could be wrong but I swear I remember the price of the samovar crashing really hard on habbox.com and then you were fired. Come to think of it, it *was* a big deal at the time. You shouldn't feel bad about being fired. I was fired from HxHD once for something I swear I never did, and another time by accident and then promptly rehired.
    Oh absolutely. I had half the Hotel against me (protest rooms, hate rooms being made, being kicked from rooms for a long while after) and the other half for. Chaos! That of course was what then spawned Vodor.net and HHGS as rival values sites as Habbox's reputation took a hit in either you thought Habbox fixed the values or you were on my side and came to HHGS. Then as the weeks and months went on 8Freak8 as HxGM issued a ban on all Habbox staff joining HHGS or face immediate dismissal.

It all got quite nasty over it and of course it's horrible in itself being accused virtually of stealing (which i've never done in real life or online) and not being able to do anything about it with just your own word. The department itself of 25 split into two, half resigned and followed me and the other half stayed - some who I found out years later when I could read RV Management forums again were still arguing my case for me with them which was sweet to see.

It was a shame it all blew up though, was a cracking team that department at that time. Then again, that along with my trade room was what really made my name - for good and bad. All good fun/drama looking back at it now.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 25-11-2017 at 08:02 AM.

Like HotelUser Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

Oh absolutely. I had half the Hotel against me (protest rooms, hate rooms being made, being kicked from rooms for a long while after) and the other half for. Chaos! That of course was what then spawned Vodor.net and HHGS as rival values sites as Habbox's reputation took a hit in either you thought Habbox fixed the values or you were on my side and came to HHGS. Then as the weeks and months went on 8Freak8 as HxGM issued a ban on all Habbox staff joining HHGS or face immediate dismissal.

It all got quite nasty over it and of course it's horrible in itself being accused virtually of stealing (which i've never done in real life or online) and not being able to do anything about it with just your own word. The department itself of 25 split into two, half resigned and followed me and the other half stayed - some who I found out years later when I could read RV Management forums again were still arguing my case for me with them which was sweet to see.

It was a shame it all blew up though, was a cracking team that department at that time. Then again, that along with my trade room was what really made my name - for good and bad. All good fun/drama looking back at it now.
    I had completely forgot about the ultimatum. Perhaps that's why I quit working at HHGs. I was there as a site coder *very* briefly and I can't recall quite what happened. Ross is a great guy though. I'm glad to see he's still active on the forum.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I am uncomfortable with that like I said but it was done because it was becoming simply a former Management staff list like the Habbox Merit sort of is. That's why I said a page back that it was important to differentiate between the awards so they don't become mirrors of eachother. The Hall of Fame is, as @FlyingJesus; said, for 'pioneers'.

That's why any new inductions mustn't be a popularity contest or a "If X is there then why not Y and Z?"

Absolutely not.

It's a Habbo fansite, hardly a place of enterprise. If it's supposed to be for 'pioneers,' then it should be for Mizki, Sierk, and the initial staff members. How are you supposed to negotiate new inductions when everybody has a different idea of who and who shouldn't be on this list. It would be much better to do a broader list with comments from people that actually mean something, rather than brief descriptions on a few supposed innovators. Also, it wasn't a subtle dig. That's just what I remember hearing about. Wasn't aware it had gone to trial.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

I feel like a problem with this is that people will just nominate their friends and it will just become a popularity list
    Like Jarkie Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    I feel like a problem with this is that people will just nominate their friends and it will just become a popularity list
    People will nominate people but it will be general management that will decide who actually gets placed into hall of fame. I can assure you that when we come around to choose people it will be down to what they've done at Habbox and not who we want to place because we're friends with .

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Dragon Ball GT Z you are on my list bby
    Like dbgtz Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

@Neversoft; is correct, I did remove a lot of people from the list. I added many of the people to the list between 2010-2011 when I was AGM. However upon reflection when I returned as content design manager in 2014 I felt that not necessarily everyone merited being a part of the Hall of Fame. When I was AGM and then again as content manager there was public and private discussions about the Hall of Fame however nothing really come of it and it did seem to just turn into a popularity contest and wasn't based on peoples contributions and effort at Habbox.

Also, I don't think that this should be an award just for staff. Although most people have been staff at one point or another some people have made significant contributions whilst not being staff but still being active.

Like Jarkie Liked

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast