HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Shonly

Latest Awards:

Default Habbox Hall of Fame

Due to recent feedback, we've decided to look into updating the Habbox Hall of Fame as it's not been updated for a few years. We won't be adding a lot of people, just a few users who have made a gigantic contribution to Habbox over the years, who have exceeded the requirements for the Habbox Merit award.

If you have any suggestions for anyone you think should be added, please let us know below and we will discuss it. All new users will be formally inducted during the Habbox Awards in January 2018

Thanks!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

xxMATTGxx - For his contributions to Habbox since 2004. His time as co-owner and for being a generally nice person to everyone that graced the doors of Habbox over the years. For his dedication to the forum department also.

FlyingJesus - Again for his contributions to Habbox over the years. He's always been active, many have feared or loved him over the years. Known for being a down to earth, nice person who doesn't mince his words. He's been a permanent fixture at Habbox for almost as long as the orange and blue theme!

Like Joe Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

I would suggest swapping these two in:

Matt - I think he should be a hall of famer because he was general manager, forum moderator (manager?) for a number of years. I'm sure he was the longest serving general manager.

8freak8 - He was at Habbox for 4 years I think, and I don't know if there was a department (including general management) that he wasn't a manager of. He updated habbox.com very actively back in the day too, and put in countless hours of work as the main person running the habbox.com site itself.

There's also two people I think I would make habbox merit instead, and keep in mind this is highly subjective and I don't mean to offend anyone (particularly Dan who I consider a good friend). These two guys are really cool and have both been around forever, but I would move undertaker and immenseman into habbox merit. It's not that they're underserving of praise-- far from it. It's just that I think if Immenseman is a hall of famer then Leah, ,Jess, or Sammeth ought to be too. And you couldn't have undertaker without Oli, Jamsey, Martin, Danube or Inseriosity in my opinion either. I would also put FlyingJesus into the same category of habbox merit following similar logic to the above. So to recap, I hope if Dan or Jake see this they don't try and murder me, I just think that you're part of a group of incredibly special contributors to Habbox, but because Habbox has existed for ~15 years that group of incredible people is just rather large, and so we need to be mindful of that as we consider the hall of fame, lest it grow to become so big that it loses its intended purpose.
    Last edited by HotelUser; 23-11-2017 at 11:16 PM.
    I'm not crazy, ask my toaster.

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

been top poster for 5 years my agents phone still not had a call, whats up habbox
    Like HotelUser Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenMerc View Post
    been top poster for 5 years my agents phone still not had a call, whats up habbox
    hey HabboxGod isn't too shabby!
    I'm not crazy, ask my toaster.

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by HotelUser View Post
    hey HabboxGod isn't too shabby!
    habbox god got ruined when everyone got it lol, it used to be cool David.

Nice seeing you about again, we need to catch up one day!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

if 8freak8 and gommeinc aren't on this thing then im gonna riot

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Glad to see my suggestion for restoring the Hall of Fame has been adopted, I was literally about to PM you all in General Management about this last week before I went away to see if my suggestion had moved forward. Are we limiting the inductees per year at the Habbox Awards like suggested? I think I suggested two inductees every year maximum?

Here's the Habbox Hall of Fame for anybody wondering: http://www.habboxwiki.com/Hall_Of_Fame

@HotelUser; None taken although I don't like removing and adding people to awards as to me it demeans the awards. I was uneasy about previous removals if I am perfectly honest. It's hugely subjective enough as it is, and obviously as time passes the contributions of somebody many years ago won't be remembered that much today. I'm the only active member of the Hall of Fame currently still on Habbox anyway, and I suggested that we make more use of it a few weeks/months ago... adding a handful or two people at each Awards will keep it as the highest award on the site rather than just make it a smaller group of Habbox Merit holders.

Not sure about making this discussion public though? @Sho; I rather think it's something the hierarchy should decide on with maybe suggestions being sent privately over PM which is what I am going to do with my suggestion. There's someone on here who I think deserves it hugely who i've suggested in the past should inductions ever be made again, so will PM them to you.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 24-11-2017 at 02:53 AM.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Also quick word of advice for people when making nominations on the Habbox Hall of Fame and the Habbox Merit differentiations as *I* have always understood them. It's never been codified but this makes sense to me...

Hall of Fame differs from Habbox Merit in that it is a c o m b i n a t i o n of strong reasons and a special reason for induction rather than *just* long service in a certain role or being a forum elder which is what the Merit and God reward. So for example, in the Hall of Fame you have combinations (The full reasons can be found via the Wiki page I linked)......

Quote Originally Posted by Brief summary
    Mizki who is inducted because she founded Habbox (special reason).

You have Jrh2002 who founded Habbox Forum itself (special reason) and also supported the site via General Management roles. Also donated to Habbox over the years.

MissAlice for founding and shaping the Competitions Department (special reason) as we know it today as well as her large donations and years of support to Habbox. Viewed as one of the first Forum Elders.

Joshuar for his international site work (special reason) during Habbox's peak popularity and work in Content.

---MAD--- for controversial yet sustained and without a doubt influential work in Moderation, the Forum and General Management (special reason).

Nvrspk4 for his work in General Management (special reason) and the staff side of things over the years.

-:Undertaker:- for shaping the RV Department during it's peak, building Rare Watch and prolonged service in that department from 2006 to 2015 (special reason). Longest serving RVM.

Immenseman for shaping the RV during it's peak and Community work in General Management later on. (special reason). Third longest serving RVM.
    Of course there's always debate over X, Y and Z over the years of who should have been inducted but there's no doubt in my experience from 2006 those names really stand out and I am sure other forum 'elders' would agree also. This I think is different to what @Neversoft; (himself a forum 'elder') suggested with my friend GommeInc who contributed a lot in terms of posts and community over the years and was seen as an elder of the forum but who didn't have a specific contribution in the sense of the above because he didn't serve in many staff roles. There's also the obvious famous factor too - the names on the list above were big in their time for what they did and were well known for it both on Habbox and on the Hotel.

So in that sense the Hall of Fame is an official way of rewarding things concrete over the years rather than a Service/Elder recognition as Habbox Merit and Habbox God are. I think at the moment we've got them right in tiers -

Habbox Hall of Fame - Special & famous contributions to Habbox (Staff-focused)

Habbox Merit - Outstanding contributions to Habbox (Staff-focused)

Habbox God - Forum Elder Award rewarding years of contributions (Public-focused)
    Free to disagree with me but that is how I have always understood the differences or else you just risk it turning into an extension of the other two awards. At least keep some distinction between them, which a limit on inductions to say 2 per year would help do!
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 24-11-2017 at 03:46 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shonly

Latest Awards:

it's only open to public for this year since it's been so long since an update that we may miss someone deserving and wanted to get opinions in general. we will be limiting how many people we add each year since we don't want to be adding like 10+ members just for the sake of updating it since it defeats the point of it imo.

sorry i'm on my phone in a lecture atm so i'll reply properly later xx

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast