HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default Travelling alone

anyone ever travelled/gone on holiday alone???

i'm really considering it like normally i get someone to go with but like cheap weekends away this january are sooo cheap and if i can't get anyone i could easy go see Amsterdam, Vienna etc on my own really cheap.

don't think i would enjoy as much like but still.. has anyone done and whats it like?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I've been thinking about doing this next year. I really want to go to South Korea, but none of my friends are really into it. I guess it all depends what you really want out of the holiday. If you're going to experience the culture, and have a very clear idea of where you want to visit and what you want to do, then it's probably good to have that freedom of being alone. But on the other hand, when you're with friends, you have not only your individual enjoyment, but a shared enjoyment; a sort of camaraderie and a mutual experience that you will probably bond over and remember fondly for many years. When you're alone, that's kind of lost. In questions like this, I always remember a quote from Into the Wild — "Happiness is only real when shared." I think it's entirely possible to be content and happy alone (perhaps not indefinitely), but to be genuinely happy, you need that kind of common adventure, and that shared rapport. Imagine climbing a mountain alone, it will be a triumph when you reach the summit, but if you do it with a friend, then that's a tremendous bond and an achievement that is so intimate and irreplaceable to the group. I think holidays are as much about having a good time with people you love, as they are about changing your surroundings, and trying something new. I think a lot of people that do go on holiday alone, still end up hanging around with people at their destination. I think to spend an entire holiday alone, and to experience everything in solitude, would feel a little empty, unless it's some sort of existential voyage you've gone on to discover yourself, in which case you probably need that alone time.
    Last edited by Neversoft; 24-11-2017 at 07:17 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

been doing it for years, once you come out of your comfort zone and do it, it's just so much easier than waiting for x y z to get money, or time off work, you can just go alone and meet a tonne of new people

Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

The first time, for me anyway, was rather stressful because you have nobody else to depend on other than yourself. If you oversleep your flight it's your fault. If you get lost you're in it by yourself. But after you do it a few times it becomes easy, even routine. Personally I think travelling alone and even living thousands of miles away from my family and friends has made me more responsible, more independent. It's hard sometimes but it's been quite rewarding for those reasons.
    I'm not crazy, ask my toaster.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

See this is the thing, and drinking/night out is a big thing for me with friends because we always have a laugh. I love seeing all the sights etc, but it is nice to say to someone "remember when we did..." so hmm. I've been looking at flights in January and February because they usually go cheap then and so far thinking maybe Australia for a week and can stay with family over there.... on the other hand I have just seen a return flight to Bombay in India for £360 and that's just amazing. I might see if I can get someone to go!!!

Tokens
    Habbo
    TinyFroggy

Latest Awards:

Never did. Would most probably hate it. I can't even 'not travelling' alone. XD

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

This thread is so old but still relevant... I've been thinking about it but it just like worries me more about what people say or think?? It kind of feels like "sad" to go away by yourself

Also expensive!!!

But I would love to see Rome and it would be nice to at your own pace...

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

I have to travel to London quite a bit but not abroad. I'm sure it's only a matter of time...

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    This thread is so old but still relevant... I've been thinking about it but it just like worries me more about what people say or think?? It kind of feels like "sad" to go away by yourself

Also expensive!!!

But I would love to see Rome and it would be nice to at your own pace...
    Don't see why not at all, surely it's more sad being totally dependent on your gf/bf like so many are.