HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    .-Richie-.

Default Quite a depressing one?

Maybe I'm just weird, but music from 2008-2013 seems to put me in a strange mood, does anybody else experience this? :S

I don't know, I think it's when I hear music which used to be played by DJs on my fansite at the time... it brings back memories of good times and also bad times. I opened up iTunes for the first time in say, 4 years... let it play in a random order and well, I just feel horrible now. Thinking back to all of the amazing people I knew back from back when the fansite was in operation, who I have either lost contact with or they are no longer with us today.

I played one song, and it instantly brought the memory of a friend who worked on my fansite, who unfortunately because of mental health, is no longer with us.

Has anybody else experienced this feeling or something similar? Any tips on turning this feeling into a positive feeling? I do quite like listening to old music, but the feeling seems to be overwhelming.

Richie

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think it's normal to attach memories to objects and things like songs and locations. There are a couple of songs that feel very nostalgic to me, and some that always remind me of certain things and people.
    Last edited by Neversoft; 10-12-2017 at 01:01 PM.
    Like .-richie-. Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

This makes a lot of sense, as if our synapses responsible for capturing music belong to the same category of the memory of certain smells and people. I'm having some funny situations with this. For example, there is this old ballad that I heard from the moment I saw a photo of a web-friend and now it's as if the singer's instruments and voice (but not the lyrics) are compacted and relate perfectly to the character, way of living, home, family and behavior of my friend. It's very strange but it makes me blissful for some reason

I've always had problems with VERY old movies, an irrational one. Maybe it's the fact that 90% (if not all) of the cast is dead already and we only realize it right after the thought "now I'm his/her fan"

Like .-richie-. Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jarkie

Latest Awards:

Like said, music has a powerful way to make you remember something, even if it was ages ago or store away in the long-term memory. I often listen to "depressing" type music as I like it.. I'm weird I guess, but the normal "pop" music of todays age does annoy me.

Ekelektra is offline Content Design Manager
    HabboxLive Senior DJ (Erin)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Ekelektra

Latest Awards:

There are a few songs in my library from 2011 that when I listen to them make me think back to when I joined Habbox because those songs were always played by the DJs. They make me very nostalgic because I was really happy back then.

A lot of other songs are linked in my mind to different memories and periods of my life too. Like there was one song that was playing on the radio the last day I was in our old house just before we left and for ages after I would literally start crying when I heard it, because soon after a
    lot of things happened and I missed how things had been before.

Check out our fabulous wiki!!!
    Like .-richie-. Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jarkie View Post
    but the normal "pop" music of todays age does annoy me.
    [OFF-TOPIC] this is true though, it's as if Pop music has definitely merged with the HEAVY Electronics and now all the gum hits need to have choruses consisting of high-pitched noises and deep synth percussion as if they wanted to brainwash us lol

In fifty years from now, producers will realize that for a song to succeed, the track just needs to have a 3-minute sequence of chalks touching the blackboard (with autotune), then all the songs on the radio (if radio will survive) will have this sound standard. It will be the extinction of "vox", people will forget what a wooden guitar is and the concept of "Acoustic" will be an old term from fairy tales, for the younger generations lol [/OFF-TOPIC]
    Last edited by LUCPIX; 11-12-2017 at 03:57 PM.

Like Jarkie Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by .-richie-. View Post
    Maybe I'm just weird, but music from 2008-2013 seems to put me in a strange mood, does anybody else experience this? :S

I don't know, I think it's when I hear music which used to be played by DJs on my fansite at the time... it brings back memories of good times and also bad times. I opened up iTunes for the first time in say, 4 years... let it play in a random order and well, I just feel horrible now. Thinking back to all of the amazing people I knew back from back when the fansite was in operation, who I have either lost contact with or they are no longer with us today.

I played one song, and it instantly brought the memory of a friend who worked on my fansite, who unfortunately because of mental health, is no longer with us.

Has anybody else experienced this feeling or something similar? Any tips on turning this feeling into a positive feeling? I do quite like listening to old music, but the feeling seems to be overwhelming.

Richie
    YES I'm like this - I get so sad listening to certain songs cos it's like... memories

Like .-richie-. Liked