Likes Likes:  0
    Habbo
    Pretty Loven
    Tokens
    Rep Count
    View Awards

Default Do you buy or like Used Books?

I bought many books at my Library's Used Book Store. Hardcover is $1.00 while paperback is $0.25. Their condition has been great for me. Even on Amazon.com I bought some used books that had a few worn damages but nothing serious.

Do you like or buy used books?

Tokens
    Rep Count
    View Awards

If it's a book I know I'll really cherish, then I'll buy it new. My favourite author is Haruki Murakami, so I buy all of his books new. But if it's a book I'm just eager to read but am otherwise not very fussed about, I'll pick up a used copy. I'm usually still able to find a really good copy on the Amazon marketplace.
    ...waiting at the farthest reach.

FlyingJesus is offline Events Manager
    Articles Proofreader
    Graphics Designer

Room Builder

Tokens
    Rep Count
    View Awards

If they're a decent condition then absolutely, I think it's cute that more people can enjoy the same story and probably imagine it all in very different ways plus you can get books ridic cheap (like about 3 inc. p&p on Amazon) instead of paying 20 lmao
    | TWITTER |

JOIN US RIGHT THIS SECOND

Sloths is offline Help Desk Manager
    Senior Graphics Designer
    Senior Competitions Staff

Habbo
    Sloths
    Tokens
    Rep Count
    View Awards

Yes definitely! Unless it’s in really bad condition I’d much rather buy it at $2 instead of $30-40 brand new in shops!

Theres only a couple I would buy brand new, collectors type ones. Otherwise if I can’t find a cheap version or it’s not under $15 on bookdepository then I usually cough obtain the ebook off the internet

Want to join the Help Desk department? Flick me a PM!

Joe is online now Forum Manager
    Site Coder
    Habbo
    LiquefiedFilth
    Tokens
    Rep Count
    View Awards

I would buy any book used - i'm the same as Tom, it feels nicer for me if multiple people have gone through the same book, just looks special.

Habbo
    Samanfa
    Tokens
    Rep Count
    View Awards

Yeah I don't mind buying used books! I have this set of Jacqueline Wilson ones (I know she's a bit young for me, but I'm talking about the more teenage ones) and I had no idea there were more books to the set - one I managed to get new (wanted them all in paperback, had to wait so long to get that) and then the other I got really cheap on eBay or Amazon as it was older! Just got the newest one in the set, but as it was more of a seasonal standalone book I decided to just buy it in hardback - new was surprisingly cheap to say it was only just released (think it was 6).

I prefer books than Kindles or anything like that, I like being able to really get into the story and if a book is used then at least the pages will be bent and a bit rough so I won't feel bad about opening it (as opposed to opening a new, mint book) .

Habbo
    DaimC
    Tokens
    Rep Count
    View Awards

I don't really have a good history with used books. Bought 3 books, all 3 had missing pages and just in bad condition. So i do try to get my books always new.
    anime babes